• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

CreatureOfHabit

Just Another Artist™
Heyo! I'm slowly but surely building my portfolio on FA, working with what I have on hand. I'll add a few examples of my work here. I don't have much to draw at the moment, so if anyone wants to challenge me to draw something featuring one or more characteristics I need to improve upon (or is just in the mood for some free traditional art/linework), they're welcome to post below! I'd also love any tips or tricks you have to offer. I'm here to grow as an artist, not to market!

Things I've been told I need to work on:
SHADING
BACKGROUNDS

Human Figures:
1501621508.creatureofhabit_katwilliams2coloreditb.jpg

1501093181.creatureofhabit_towda.jpg

Furry/Scaley Figures:
1499016207.creatureofhabit_amandaangelfishcolorglitz.jpg

1499292961.creatureofhabit_lechelinework.jpg

1501726331.creatureofhabit_habitplurlineworktrim.jpg

1501806651.creatureofhabit_habitplurcolornobgtrim.jpg

Feral/Animal Figures/Still Life:
1500520407.creatureofhabit_babyleopardsealc.jpg

1500349331.creatureofhabit_decay_and_vegetation.jpg

1500340572.creatureofhabit_isopodcolor1b.jpg

Last edited:
J

Jack Dakuyo

Hey! I'm no artist myself but I do know a bunch of people who are.
I personally think you do pretty good on shapes and sizes and all that,though there is always room for improvement

So for critique,they seem to be lacking in the shading dept,also backgrounds...say for instance in the (Furry/Scaley Figures) the first pic with the mermaid,the background makes the whole thing pop.Shading is obviously very important though,like the only thing I'd have to add or to better explain,is the pic with the mermaid,I'd press a little harder when your shading.In the current pics it almost seems as though the light is coming from the object it's self rather than another source.

I hope that was helpful,But really other than that your doing a great job man ^^