• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Looking for help for my OC!

DingRawD

floofy
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a bit of help with my OC. I'm not too sure why but I can only produce a headshot in this angle. I've tried to draw the character in different poses and it's just not worked out well. I was wondering if someone could help me practice if it's possible. Different facial positionings, facial expressions, etc.

Much appreciated!
topless OC done.jpg

Stray Cat Terry

"테리는길냥이"
When I face the same issue, I simply draw a circle and put a cross (horizontal and vertical lines), imagining as the crossed point of two lines are facing forward (the direction of the nose). Then, I draw that cute nose, then the placement of eyes and mouth simply are set by this nose.

If this doesn't help, maybe add one more circle for the muzzle, and eyes need circles too if you aren't satisfied with the eyes. (Eye circles are there for eyeballs, so the actual eye you finish shall be smaller than the circles)

DingRawD

floofy
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a bit of help with my OC. I'm not too sure why but I can only produce a headshot in this angle. I've tried to draw the character in different poses and it's just not worked out well. I was wondering if someone could help me practice if it's possible. Different facial positionings, facial expressions, etc.

Much appreciated!
View attachment 87595
I'll give it a try and work from there. When ever I draw I never use the circles as a grid/starting point. I start with the nose and then draw the rest from there.

Stray Cat Terry

"테리는길냥이"
I'll give it a try and work from there. When ever I draw I never use the circles as a grid/starting point. I start with the nose and then draw the rest from there.

And maybe a pic for help :3
20200601_064501.png

It turned out silly...but it's just a demonstration of how I do it. And I don't usually draw upward head, so... this might prove how it's done no matter where the head is facing.

Plus, you can adjust the character's point of attention easier thanks to the eyeball circles, simply draw it freely keeping the eyes inside those circles UwU

Oh, and for the characters with longer/bigger muzzles, draw one more circle or anything you feel comfortable for the muzzle. Just don't make it out of place.

The following is a pic featuring a wolf (longer muzzle than cats), I used the same method. Pity that I tend to delete the shaping layer after finishing...
c1057892-57b4-4b73-a6ff-0191db4e984f.png

Last edited: