• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Looking for someone to help me out

Devil's Reaper

First of all let me know if this is in wrong section and if so then where I can place this post but if this is in the right place then don't mind this initial note.

I am currently working on something I'd call as a side project of mine to get rid of of writers block on some other stories I am working on.
I am now looking for help with a story that involves both humans and anthro species.
Critique, ideas, location, character, time period etc names would be appreciated as well.
I am not too familiar with the furry things so largest help with this side of the story would be awesome to get.
Not really sure what else to give though I will give still the premise of the story I had thought out as I mostly work on the story as I write it so I have nothing planned before I have written it down.

The story starts from time period where humans and anthros have lived separately for many generations so much so that the human side has already mostly forgotten about the anthro species living on the planet (most likely alternative earth with both fictional and some few real nations from our own real world)
Anthro species for example canines marine feline lizzard likes etc. has kept up with telling stories of humans through generations. There are certain groups of humans and anthros who have kept a certain tradition going in their families that will look for right moment to reunite the two worlds. Before the story start there was a lage war that divided anthro and human kind and there were some who did seek to hide the knowledge of each other until time was right to reintroduce the two groups again.

The story is based to modern slightly futuristic setting. Only very few sci-fi stuff like cloning new limbs is possible in the story.

Though for further details feel free to come have a chat with me.

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
Actually it sounds quite interesting. Do you have a sample i could look upon?

Devil's Reaper

Actually it sounds quite interesting. Do you have a sample i could look upon?
Yes I have my first chapter ready, well ready and ready, it still requires someone to give it critique and such development ideas. Where can I send it to you? I can use email, google docs, skype for example to send the file to you to read.

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
you can send it on my email
I will dm it to you
I cannot promise when will I read it tho, I am bit busy but I like the concept

Minerva_Minx

CDC predicts zombies...
It sounds like writers block, but it's writers barricade or writers parylisys. Essentially, the undertaking is overwhelming your inner senses.

For a project of this sort, you really need to front load your writing.

First, your world is conceptual. You have an idea how you want it with the basic politics, background, traditions, etc, but not really any meat on the bones. for instance, how did the war start? Who were the players? How did they fight? Technology? Who won/lost? Politics-how do they govern? Who votes? Who rules? Is it equitable? Who gets the shaft? For eating, what is a fork? How do anthros eat VS humans? Cultural foods? Holidays?

Is the sun yellow, blue, white, red? A little research shows this can affect skin color, diseases, hot/cold, climate, what a sunset looks like...

That can be just as overwhelming, so I play games where I make up lyrics to songs and try to have a beginning middle and end. then I try to string together two songs. And then I capture on paper what I like or use my phone to record my talking it out loud.

What is the current level of technology and what is slightly advanced?

So that is ultra-simplistic world building.

Then you frame your characters in the same way. Who are their parents, grandparents, relatives? what is the effect of the world on them? How do they begin? How do they meet? What is your goal for them? How are you planning to challenge them? what obstacles do you throw at them?

Where do they live? What do the decorate with? Styles? Can you draw a crude map they might use?

Once you have your world, your characters, and your maps, everything else will fall in place. this will include motivations, neighbors, transport, etc.

For instance, one of my worlds is 3x Earth and has 11 major landmasses, while still remaining 60% ocean, 15% of land being covered in ice, and an abundance of freshwater and inland seas. there are roughly 315 countries with 284 working in a loose alliance, with the remainder either remaining independent, dictatorships, or unidentified peoples. The major country my stories take place has 415 major cities, 11246 small cities, and countless rural towns, each with its own local and regional flavors. main character is human, a low species which hastily and hostily transplanted itself, therefore the inhabitants of the planet despise them and keep them seperated. even the humans there have problems with race, culture, gender, and sex within their own species. my main character is female which is the lowest of the low. however, she works for a statesman of the dominant culture and receives some freedoms humans don't have, like unconstrained movement, which makes her useful as a species traitor. Sun is yellow, however, the planet has three moons and an unusual tilt to keep that much ice on the poles, making fantastic auroras and completely alien nightscapes.

So next point -make sure your character is flawed. No Mary Sues.

So it works itself out. Like I said, little world building is probably what you need and why the story doesn't resonate with you.

I have a small group of mentors I write with and call upon from time to time. For you, I suggest the writing cooperative.

Last edited:

Devil's Reaper

It sounds like writers block, but it's writers barricade or writers parylisys. Essentially, the undertaking is overwhelming your inner senses.

For a project of this sort, you really need to front load your writing.

First, your world is conceptual. You have an idea how you want it with the basic politics, background, traditions, etc, but not really any meat on the bones. for instance, how did the war start? Who were the players? How did they fight? Technology? Who won/lost? Politics-how do they govern? Who votes? Who rules? Is it equitable? Who gets the shaft? For eating, what is a fork? How do anthros eat VS humans? Cultural foods? Holidays?

Is the sun yellow, blue, white, red? A little research shows this can affect skin color, diseases, hot/cold, climate, what a sunset looks like...

That can be just as overwhelming, so I play games where I make up lyrics to songs and try to have a beginning middle and end. then I try to string together two songs. And then I capture on paper what I like or use my phone to record my talking it out loud.

What is the current level of technology and what is slightly advanced?

So that is ultra-simplistic world building.

Then you frame your characters in the same way. Who are their parents, grandparents, relatives? what is the effect of the world on them? How do they begin? How do they meet? What is your goal for them? How are you planning to challenge them? what obstacles do you throw at them?

Where do they live? What do the decorate with? Styles? Can you draw a crude map they might use?

Once you have your world, your characters, and your maps, everything else will fall in place. this will include motivations, neighbors, transport, etc.

For instance, one of my worlds is 3x Earth and has 11 major landmasses, while still remaining 60% ocean, 15% of land being covered in ice, and an abundance of freshwater and inland seas. there are roughly 315 countries with 284 working in a loose alliance, with the remainder either remaining independent, dictatorships, or unidentified peoples. The major country my stories take place has 415 major cities, 11246 small cities, and countless rural towns, each with its own local and regional flavors. main character is human, a low species which hastily and hostily transplanted itself, therefore the inhabitants of the planet despise them and keep them seperated. even the humans there have problems with race, culture, gender, and sex within their own species. my main character is female which is the lowest of the low. however, she works for a statesman of the dominant culture and receives some freedoms humans don't have, like unconstrained movement, which makes her useful as a species traitor. Sun is yellow, however, the planet has three moons and an unusual tilt to keep that much ice on the poles, making fantastic auroras and completely alien nightscapes.

So next point -make sure your character is flawed. No Mary Sues.

So it works itself out. Like I said, little world building is probably what you need and why the story doesn't resonate with you.

I have a small group of mentors I write with and call upon from time to time. For you, I suggest the writing cooperative.

Oh wow when I was asking help I wasn't expecting this good help. I'm speechless but extremely happy Yes most of these are taken into account in my head however my head happens to be a mess at times thanks to some personal things that mess my writing up even if I try to use writing as source to clear my head. This list of things to keep an eye out in the story helps me to keep at least this story in check as for other ones well those are fan fiction stories so it means just lot of research on their part and that part i have done already just not sure how to continue said stories at the moment. (two of them to be exact, fan fictions that is) But I'm willing to bet that the list you sent me will give helping hand in furthering those stories as well.
EDIT: I also do have few authors to help out with my story, especially one who is really good with this type of subject a Finnish professional Fantasy Author. plus some other authors as well but they are more from post-apocalyptic side of writing but Im sure they can give few tips as authors as well.
And the Fan Fiction stories I am working on those are colab stories as is the other story I am working on with anthro and human sides. however this one I asked help for is more of a own work but I am willing to take a coauthor if I can find someone.

PS: Yes I asked help with my writing a story on my own and you most certainly have done that but you got my interest in your story world, I'd love to hear more of it, maybe tell me more about it through on private side?