• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Looking to revive an old horror story.

Alrazvick

Not normal by any stretch of the imagination.
A long time ago I decided to write a story based on one of my favorite horror movies,
Slither from 2006, but I feel like I have lost my way with it and have considered rewriting it from scratch. However I’m hesitant to start again because of both bad confidence in my writing and because I wonder if anyone would be interested in reading it.

The story started as a crossover with My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic and I intend to keep that concept. Mostly because I find the combination hilarious.

I think that if I’m going to restart the project I need someone to discuss ideas with, preferably someone who is an Mlp fan with a dark imagination. Knowing what others think of my idea and if they would be interested in reading my work would also be appreciated.

So what do you guys think? Should I try again or not and would you be interested in my story if I do end up writing it?

Alrazvick

Honestly I am interested in the idea. Unique combination but I would like to see how it would play out.
Thanks! Unfortunately I’m kind of stuck. I want things to follow the movie as closely as possible with pony characters taking the place of the human ones from the movie. I have already decided that Twilight is going to be the main villain and Spike will be the protagonist but when it comes to who will die and how I keep changing my mind and can’t decide. If you want to I would love to hear your thoughts about it.

Faustus

It could work as a parody, but because of the jarring nature of the juxtaposition, you're going to have to go pretty gonzo with the humour. Exaggerate the horror of Slither and the cuteness of MLP as far as you can. I'd definitely say make it a short, as the gimmick will lose its charm pretty quickly.

Alrazvick

It could work as a parody, but because of the jarring nature of the juxtaposition, you're going to have to go pretty gonzo with the humour. Exaggerate the horror of Slither and the cuteness of MLP as far as you can. I'd definitely say make it a short, as the gimmick will lose its charm pretty quickly.
It’s definitely meant to be a parody and I never intended for it to be a long story. Thanks for your advice and feedback.