• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Looking to Talk and Meet New Furs

Akinyi

Lost in the abyss
Hi everyone,
First of all I hope I'm putting this in the right place and if not, please forgive me and delete it (or I will of course). Anyway I've been in the fandom for ten years and have met quite a few furs IRL but strangely enough the amount I know online is still low. I often enter chatrooms and things and either there are two many people and the immature ones kind of put me off, or I end up talking one on one with someone and we drift a part.

I was hoping to just start a friendly discussion since I have some free time today (for once!). If anyone's around and just wants to chat in here I'd love to talk to you.
My first name is Phoebe but my fursona's name is Akinyi which I would prefer. I'm a snow leopard, short and LOVE FOOD! Seriously food is the best. I tend to be non-binary but I'm biologically female as is my fursona.
I have always drawn and began digital art some years ago, I do a lot of furry art.
Here's my page Userpage of akinyi -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

I'm an anime and gaming fan also so if you're into those topics then fire away!
Finally if you hadn't guessed, I'm a bit of a noob in the forums, I just never got 'round to joining furry forums before so I apologise for if I get anything wrong!

heteroclite

Everone is a hologram
Okay. I like meeting new people too. Nice to see someone else.

lyar

Its not the human race, its just the human race
but strangely enough the amount I know online is still low. I often enter chatrooms and things and either there are two many people and the immature ones kind of put me off, or I end up talking one on one with someone and we drift a part.
I totally get you, online relationships of any kind are hard to keep up with.

D

Deleted member 82554

I suppose getting to know people online is an okay way to pass time, something might come of it, it can be an opportunity to meet others, as has been my experience. Really, though, the furries you met in real life are more worth holding on to, I've had the best experience with that lot...

Akinyi

Lost in the abyss
I suppose getting to know people online is an okay way to pass time, something might come of it, it can be an opportunity to meet others, as has been my experience. Really, though, the furries you met in real life would be more worth holding on to, I've had the best experience with that lot...
Yes I agree, though I do try to value any online friends I have. Sadly I recently moved away from my IRL furs and can't seem to get into the furry community where I am now as it's a really rural area and there aren't many so it's a really close knit group.

heteroclite

Everone is a hologram
Yes I agree, though I do try to value any online friends I have. Sadly I recently moved away from my IRL furs and can't seem to get into the furry community where I am now as it's a really rural area and there aren't many so it's a really close knit group.
I feel you.

D

Deleted member 82554

That's a bit sad to hear. Well, hope you find what you're looking for.

B

BlueWorrior

Hi there, Akinyi!
It's nice to see another UK fur on here. I know what you mean about having trouble with finding other furs. I have that issue and I'm in Cardiff, a city! (supposedly anyway :p)
There's no real furry presence here witch is disappointing. Regardless, this is a good place to meet new people, we're all pretty friendly here, get stuck in and have a good time ^_^

Akinyi

Lost in the abyss
Hi there, Akinyi!
It's nice to see another UK fur on here. I know what you mean about having trouble with finding other furs. I have that issue and I'm in Cardiff, a city! (supposedly anyway :p)
There's no real furry presence here witch is disappointing. Regardless, this is a good place to meet new people, we're all pretty friendly here, get stuck in and have a good time ^_^
Hi there!
Yeah I do hope to get involved and have fun. Have you been in the community long?
Also I have to say your avatar is really nicely drawn.

B

BlueWorrior

Hi there!
Yeah I do hope to get involved and have fun. Have you been in the community long?
Also I have to say your avatar is really nicely drawn.
oh. thank you! twas a free request from JamalBlackson!
I've been active for a little about a month now. I've been having a great time here so far. Of course, you'll get your bouts of drama but it's honestly not as common as some people may think it is. most people on here are actually fairly mature and reasonable here on FAF.

pockettmouse

Hi I'm pockettmouse, but most people (online at least) call me pocket. I'm a gamer too.
What platform do you play on (please be PC)?
Also I'd love to make friends. I went to Anthrocon in the hopes I'd make some friends there but the first few days were a bit stressful (we were having issues with our hotel double charging us and our bank not releasing funds yadda yadda.) By the end of it all I had a few pictures and some awesome memories but no friends.
I actually just recently made a furry amino account and am trying to be more active in the community.

Vulpes-94

Hey, Im brand new, to the fandom and online communities in general. Im tossing up with the name Vulpes. Love to talk sometime, im a gamer PC and xbox. So with that, Hey everyone.

Mr.Foox

Daddy Fooxy
I hope you find what your looking for! Online relationships are very hard to keep up with! I know that much! Although I have kept atleast 4 online furfriends since I was 13 and we still talk, not has much but there not strangers which is good for 7 years. A lot happens in that time and I understand some people have to grow up. I hope you find some really good pals because that's really why I'm here, to reconnect and get that buzz back from the fandom from when I was younger. You have a nice day, okay? Nice to meet you. ^w^

Akinyi

Lost in the abyss
Hi I'm pockettmouse, but most people (online at least) call me pocket. I'm a gamer too.
What platform do you play on (please be PC)?
Also I'd love to make friends. I went to Anthrocon in the hopes I'd make some friends there but the first few days were a bit stressful (we were having issues with our hotel double charging us and our bank not releasing funds yadda yadda.) By the end of it all I had a few pictures and some awesome memories but no friends.
I actually just recently made a furry amino account and am trying to be more active in the community.
Maybe I should do the same.
Yeah I'm mainly a PC gamer though I do have some old consoles like my gamecube -hugs the gamecube-
All my con experiences tend to be like that, I'm always too rushed to get everywhere to ever meet anyone!

Akinyi

Lost in the abyss
oh. thank you! twas a free request from JamalBlackson!
I've been active for a little about a month now. I've been having a great time here so far. Of course, you'll get your bouts of drama but it's honestly not as common as some people may think it is. most people on here are actually fairly mature and reasonable here on FAF.
Sorry I'm replying so late!
It looks like I wasn't getting notifications or something.
Anyway yeah drama happens, I'm pretty used to it and have built up a wall of steel, I keep myself out.