• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Lucid dreaming

Saintversa

Can't keep a good dog down
im gonna skip the part where i explain how to do this but if you already know what lucid dreaming is then good job. i wrote this for my DA journal a while ago and thought id share with you all.. (dont rage over spelling..)

in my dream i was in my neighborhood, and i was testing myself to see if i realy just pulled it off and i was actualy in control, so i started spinning around in circles, i remember feeling dizzy and looking up at the sky and clouds i almost woke up cause i got realy excited, i didnt know what to do first, its my dream so i mean anything is possible right...?

i walked down the street and i walked into a random house and it look like futuristic and i describe it perfectly! there was a girl ive seen in alot of my dreams before ( i guess shes my dream girl) me and her talked and i remember a little bit of the converstation but im not going to post that, its personal >_>

so again, im looking at my dream girl sitting at computer table and shes on the computer but the computer had all these weird symbols and shit i went up to it and touched the screen and th computer went blank and she giggled so i just sat next to her and she gave me a kiss on the cheek and said some stuff and then i was gonna kiss her back (i dont know why) and some woman came from a hallway and told me to leave, i have no idea why i left because it was my dream but i felt like i was introuble. (this dream felt extremely real!) i remember touching the fence outside her house and feeling it specificly, i felt the kiss on my cheek and everything, and i heard her voice, ive never seen this girl in real life.. (this scares me)

so i walked back up toward my house but i didnt go inside..

THEN i woke up cause some stupid girl fucking called me at 3:27! ruined everything! (kinda)
i didnt know who it was and she acted real stupid so i hung up on her and turned my phone off, then.. i tried again, same way as before and it worked! XD

the next dream was a little more... scary-ish. im not sure if it was a nightmare or not, but i remember being at a cabin up in a mountain with people, and it was night time and there was a snow storm or something, alot of stuff happened that i dont feel like explaining and then out of no where this girl she was naked and she had long long black hair covering her face and chest, (nice body though 0_0 )she killed the people that were in my cabin! Dx
then when she got to me, she got on top of me and i thought she was going to kill me so i gave her a kiss XP what the fuck..? i dont know why i did that because im pretty sure i wouldnt be kissing a killer demon bitch who just killed my room mates, so i kissed her and other stuff happened.. >_> which made no sense! D: my dreams make no sense..

i woke up from that with a cold sweat i got out of bed and changed my shirt and put on a pair of gym pants and repeated the steps.

then i remember something after that, i was in a school ive never been to before, and i remember me and a few people who looked pretty chill, i remember what they look like and everything, we were talking and and i turned and i saw zombies chasing justin beiber with dildos and beating him to death with them. (im "dead" serious..)

i remember laughing myself awake and waking up my brother then falling back asleep and some other stuff happened,

but over all, i have like no words to express how fucking cool this was for me..

and the part with my dream girl and scared the fuck out of me. cause when i woke up i still could feel that little peck i got on my cheek.

Joeyyy

Fresh Prince of FAF
what the fuck.

I get lucid dreams when I tell myself or question myself in the dream: "This isnt a dream... right?"
once that happens, things become incredibly real. like there is no difference between real life and dream.

Commiecomrade

Maximum Awesome.
I haven't dreamed for about 3 years, and never had a lucid dream.

Wish I could after reading this, though.

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
One time I was practicing lucid dreaming when it went horribly wrong, when this assassin approached me several times. The final time I said "fuck it" and let him shoot me, my body and mind falling into darkness. I opened my eyes fully aware of what conspired and said "well that was crap."

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
then out of no where this girl she was naked and she had long long black hair covering her face and chest, (nice body though 0_0 )
Are you sure that wasn't the chick from the Ring?

I don't think I've ever had this happen though, then again, I haven't really had a dream that I remembered in a while.

I do remember the coincidence of time in one of my dreams though. It was like, 3:15 or something in the dream, when I woke up though it really was the same time. That's about all I got.

Saintversa

Are you sure that wasn't the chick from the Ring?

I don't think I've ever had this happen though, then again, I haven't really had a dream that I remembered in a while.

I do remember the coincidence of time in one of my dreams though. It was like, 3:15 or something in the dream, when I woke up though it really was the same time. That's about all I got.

it looked more like the chick from F.E.A.R 2.. cause she raped people in that game too.. wait.. BUT ANYWAYS~! she was cute.. but idk it was weird as shit.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
I'm still trying to teach myself the art. I've heard almost all the tricks. It's just a matter of 1) being disciplined enough to practice them regularly and 2) letting go of wanting to dream about certain things, which I shouldn't care about until I've gotten good enough that I can pretty much lucid dream at will. Shit, I'm still trying to learn to just will myself to sleep/shut my brain off enough that it doesn't take all damn night.

Saintversa

I'm still trying to teach myself the art. I've heard almost all the tricks. It's just a matter of 1) being disciplined enough to practice them regularly and 2) letting go of wanting to dream about certain things, which I shouldn't care about until I've gotten good enough that I can pretty much lucid dream at will. Shit, I'm still trying to learn to just will myself to sleep/shut my brain off enough that it doesn't take all damn night.

i got allready down pact.. my only problem is r.e.m sleep.. my eyes pissed me off when im trying to stay totaly still, cause they keep vibrating, once u get passed that its all smooth sailing bro.

Saintversa

Yes please do!
I've only had one lucid dream where the only thing I did was run around a walmart... And I can't figure out how to have another one!!! So please post how you do it.

if you dont know what lucid dreaming is, its the same as sleep paralysis.

its pretty much being awake during a dream, giving you the ability to control your dream fully.
first you have to trick your brain into thinking your asleep, (which is hard and takes forever!)
you have to lay on your back, arms to your side and feet together and head facing foward, you cannot move at all, your brain will try to test you and see if your awake (such as an itch or a craving to move) do NOT move at all..

after about 30 minutes, you will lose feeling in your legs and arms, and it felt like someone was laying on my chest (no it wasnt my cat) and a few minutes later i couldnt move my body at all even when i tried, my body was asleep and i was awake during it its insane..

id go into more detail about how to do it but im lazy, just look it up on google or something..

(thats from my journal)

AND ALSO: WRITE DOWN YOUR DREAMS WHEN YOU WAKE UP! YOUR BRAIN DELETES THAT SHIT AFTER AN HOUR OR SO!

its pretty much being awake during a dream, giving you the ability to control your dream fully.
first you have to trick your brain into thinking your asleep, (which is hard and takes forever!)
you have to lay on your back, arms to your side and feet together and head facing foward, you cannot move at all, your brain will try to test you and see if your awake (such as an itch or a craving to move) do NOT move at all..

after about 30 minutes, you will lose feeling in your legs and arms, and it felt like someone was laying on my chest (no it wasnt my cat) and a few minutes later i couldnt move my body at all even when i tried, my body was asleep and i was awake during it its insane..

id go into more detail about how to do it but im lazy, just look it up on google or something..

(thats from my journal)

AND ALSO: WRITE DOWN YOUR DREAMS WHEN YOU WAKE UP! YOUR BRAIN DELETES THAT SHIT AFTER AN HOUR OR SO!
After reading that I'm kinda scared of feeling paralyzed. Do you get feeling back when you just wake up???

Saintversa

After reading that I'm kinda scared of feeling paralyzed. Do you get feeling back when you just wake up???

i woke up in night sweats, but thats just cause i had a bad night mare..

im not going to talk about all the nightmares i had because youd say "fuck this shit" right away.. actualy.. i do need to talk to someone about my dreams.. D:

Joeyyy

Fresh Prince of FAF

(thats from my journal)

you got my attention. ill start working on this. very cool.

i woke up in night sweats, but thats just cause i had a bad night mare..

im not going to talk about all the nightmares i had because youd say "fuck this shit" right away.. actualy.. i do need to talk to someone about my dreams.. D:
Well I guess I'm good, becuz I don't even remember the last time I had a nightmare :)

Random User

Ultimate Bohab
Whoa, this sounds incredibly awesome. I'm going to try this!

Once I unitentionally had a lucid dream, although I don't remember all of it, I remember that I picked up a shotgun and began defending myself from zombies. I woke up that morning thinking about how awesome the experience was, and I wanted to do it again.

Saintversa

Well I guess I'm good, becuz I don't even remember the last time I had a nightmare :)

kk then go for it bro and OMG I JUST NOTICED UR IN CONNETICUT!? ....i was born there.. :3 STAMFORD! ;3

but annyways~

try your best.. the worst part is trying to not to move and keep ur eyes shut all at once.

kk then go for it bro and OMG I JUST NOTICED UR IN CONNETICUT!? ....i was born there.. :3 STAMFORD! ;3

but annyways~

try your best.. the worst part is trying to not to move and keep ur eyes shut all at once.

Yeah... sadly I'm not a fan of CT. It's too cold for me. I'm more of a Texan in case you didn't read my sig. (I was raised there :D)

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
i got allready down pact.. my only problem is r.e.m sleep.. my eyes pissed me off when im trying to stay totaly still, cause they keep vibrating, once u get passed that its all smooth sailing bro.

You mean like even though you're technically asleep, you can feel your own R.E.M? I think I might've had that happen a few times way back when I was really deep into trying to learn lucid dreaming. These were some of the weirdest experiences I've ever had in the hypnogogic/dream state though. Tell me, have you ever been in a state that upon wakening, you couldn't have thought was anything but dreaming, except there was literally nothing except your own awareness and maybe a residual self image, but even that was pretty much hollow/invisible? Whenever I'd experience this, I'd get really freaked out and have to fight myself awake, feeling my own eyes struggling to open until my dream-self's eyelids peeled open as if made of clay, then I'd wake up.

Not really the same. There's surely some of the same stuff going on in the brain, or at least similar, but the difference is with sleep paralysis, your brain is kinda stuck for a bit. Those aren't dreams you're experiencing when your eyes and ears are open. Those are hallucinations. The difference between a dream and a hallucination is one occurs when you're asleep and the other when you're awake, and the real mystery of sleep paralysis is why since it comes from the dream-mode aspect of your brain it's always basically the same shit - a crushing, seizure-like feeling throughout the body, menacing voices and/or sounds with nothing in common with anything heard in the real world, shadowy and/or monstrous images and a primal, impending sense of utter doom. If it was just a waking dream, you'd think there'd at least be a bit more variety, no?

It sounds like you have a natural (or perhaps developed) ability to induce those closely related states in yourself and make one turn into the other, which is not unheard of, but that's not the way it works for everyone. My own successes with lucid dreaming have been one of two scenarios: I either go straight from trying to get to sleep to the dream state and enter it fully aware I'm dreaming, or I become aware at some point during another dream. Both of those are far more common than what you're describing.

Saintversa said:

Not exactly, it just, to use a computer analogy, stuffs its contents in a folder much closer to the root. Let's put it this way. Your ability to retain dream memories and awake memories isn't really all that different. When you're outside and it's raining, my own theory is that your brain remembers every drop of rain it sees and feels, but knows it's not necessary (and actually somewhat detrimental) to be able to recall each and every single one and exactly when you saw and/or felt it at will, so it kinda scrambles the input a bit and all you really remember is a rough but accurate enough idea of what rain looks and feels like. If you wanted to trick your brain into thinking there was some importance in remembering that much, you could sure as hell try, by studying a videotape of the rain, and though it's utterly useless, you'd find you could remember that particular episode of rain a lot better.

When you're writing something down, you are studying whatever it is your writing down, as far as your brain's concerned. It's why we're taught to take notes in school even though our books already contain the same information. Simply highlighting the important bits and reading those over, even several times, will never have the same impact on the memory as writing it down just once for most people. The truth is, the moment you wake up, your brain is already starting to send those "files" to the "dreams" folder, but by writing them down, you're forcing it to recall them from levels closer to the more immediate memories.

You know all those false memories in dreams? There's probably not much that's false about them, let's just put it that way. It's a fluke when it happens but I've uncovered dreams I had either "forgotten" or didn't know I had in the first place by having "false" memories of dreams during another dream, which caused me to question, which caused me to reach lucidity, which enabled said dream to recur.

Saintversa

You mean like even though you're technically asleep, you can feel your own R.E.M? I think I might've had that happen a few times way back when I was really deep into trying to learn lucid dreaming. These were some of the weirdest experiences I've ever had in the hypnogogic/dream state though. Tell me, have you ever been in a state that upon wakening, you couldn't have thought was anything but dreaming, except there was literally nothing except your own awareness and maybe a residual self image, but even that was pretty much hollow/invisible? Whenever I'd experience this, I'd get really freaked out and have to fight myself awake, feeling my own eyes struggling to open until my dream-self's eyelids peeled open as if made of clay, then I'd wake up.

Not really the same. There's surely some of the same stuff going on in the brain, or at least similar, but the difference is with sleep paralysis, your brain is kinda stuck for a bit. Those aren't dreams you're experiencing when your eyes and ears are open. Those are hallucinations. The difference between a dream and a hallucination is one occurs when you're asleep and the other when you're awake, and the real mystery of sleep paralysis is why since it comes from the dream-mode aspect of your brain it's always basically the same shit - a crushing, seizure-like feeling throughout the body, menacing voices and/or sounds with nothing in common with anything heard in the real world, shadowy and/or monstrous images and a primal, impending sense of utter doom. If it was just a waking dream, you'd think there'd at least be a bit more variety, no?

It sounds like you have a natural (or perhaps developed) ability to induce those closely related states in yourself and make one turn into the other, which is not unheard of, but that's not the way it works for everyone. My own successes with lucid dreaming have been one of two scenarios: I either go straight from trying to get to sleep to the dream state and enter it fully aware I'm dreaming, or I become aware at some point during another dream. Both of those are far more common than what you're describing.

Not exactly, it just, to use a computer analogy, stuffs its contents in a folder much closer to the root. Let's put it this way. Your ability to retain dream memories and awake memories isn't really all that different. When you're outside and it's raining, my own theory is that your brain remembers every drop of rain it sees and feels, but knows it's not necessary (and actually somewhat detrimental) to be able to recall each and every single one and exactly when you saw and/or felt it at will, so it kinda scrambles the input a bit and all you really remember is a rough but accurate enough idea of what rain looks and feels like. If you wanted to trick your brain into thinking there was some importance in remembering that much, you could sure as hell try, by studying a videotape of the rain, and though it's utterly useless, you'd find you could remember that particular episode of rain a lot better.

When you're writing something down, you are studying whatever it is your writing down, as far as your brain's concerned. It's why we're taught to take notes in school even though our books already contain the same information. Simply highlighting the important bits and reading those over, even several times, will never have the same impact on the memory as writing it down just once for most people. The truth is, the moment you wake up, your brain is already starting to send those "files" to the "dreams" folder, but by writing them down, you're forcing it to recall them from levels closer to the more immediate memories.

You know all those false memories in dreams? There's probably not much that's false about them, let's just put it that way. It's a fluke when it happens but I've uncovered dreams I had either "forgotten" or didn't know I had in the first place by having "false" memories of dreams during another dream, which caused me to question, which caused me to reach lucidity, which enabled said dream to recur.

your an endless bucket of knowledge.. :3 (thats a compliment)

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
your an endless bucket of knowledge.. :3 (thats a compliment)

Thanks, but I take it if you haven't answered my question, you've never been in "the void" as I'm calling it - an utterly blank dreamspace.

Mayonnaise

Off we go to the sea
Most of my lucid dreams start like "omg why can't I wake up? my body... cant move *panic*". Then come the realisation that it is probably sleep paralysis, I'll try to imagine about something before I fall back to sleep. What usually happen afterwards is I slip back into deep sleep and my mind wakes up mid dream. So yeah, dream become very realistic and I have a very good control over what's happening in it.

All my nightmares are lucid, I think. Everything feels so realistic and I have some control over them.

Thanks, but I take it if you haven't answered my question, you've never been in "the void" as I'm calling it - an utterly blank dreamspace.
The void... I really hate that. Usually got into one when I try to change too much in certain dreams, especially nightmares.

Last edited:

Saintversa

i dont think so.. my few dreams i told you about are the only ones.. and grrr i wish i could explain better.. let me try to think about how to put it into words.. (minds totaly blank due to things going on)

Jude

U1 S7 P106
I've seemed to have lucid dreams before, but I can't take it upon myself to quit thinking about stupid things and completely ruining my lucid dream. I know it's a dream, I just constantly tell myself not to ruin it, and that in itself ruins it.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
The void... I really hate that. Usually got into one when I try to change too much in certain dreams, especially nightmares.

Hm, interesting. These weren't nightmares, because there was nothing in them, but they sure as hell felt like it. You said it happens when you try to change too much, and when it happened to me, it was 1) during really stressful days/nights and 2) when I was aiming for total lucidity without having much of a plan and hardly anything in the way of dream incubation. The last dream like that I had before I started having normal dreams again saw me walk out of the void and into a dream that was like something out of The Matrix, making my way through huge buildings, taking shortcuts through walls and elevators that would take me to entirely different dreamscapes, diving off buildings head first only to land on all fours, etc. I even had a Matrix style avatar that seemed to shift between human and a piss-poor facsimile of my fursona at random.

Even that dream was really hazy and wonky though and I eventually got scared back into subconsciousness when I looked at my reflection in a puddle of water on the pavement up close and my own fursona's face became all distorted, grinning at me as if it were another person and not a reflection.

Last edited: