• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Which portal should we jump into?


  • Total voters
    12
  • Poll closed .

redhusky

Emperor of Floof! King of the Rats and Spamlord!
Sally is absolutely right. We won't last very long with the little water supplies we have. Maybe we'll even find some watermelons, that would be awesome!

AuXRZ4A.png


Red decides to go with her. Him and his awesome nose will surely find what we're looking for. Perhaps even more. Lead the way, Red!

8jzGIr8.png


Pogo and Nani decide to stay behind and hold down the fort, doing whatever. *yaaawwn* I might as well take a nap, too.

Red and Sally hike through the forest. There are lots of trees and plants but no water sources to be seen just yet, but no worries it hasn't been long.

Sally mentions how something about the island feels almost...unnatural. She can't quite put their paw on it. The birdless silence only adds to the increasingly creepy atmosphere.

Speaking of which, there seems to be no evidence of any animals anywhere. No birds nests, no scratches on trees. Not a single scent....except for one. But it isn't an animal. No, it's actually quite sweet smelling. Like syrup. Pancakes. Waffles....bacon?

CG6an6M.png


Oh God.

wbiRFzo.png


Is that...

6R6dZnr.png


A freaking DENNY'S??
>Red doesn't notice anyone around at all. ANYONE! No one's in the parking lot and there's no one inside. Yet, there is food cooking and all the lights are on.
> Let's investigate! @TR273 After you.~ I AM gentleman, after all. U_U
 

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Sally gives Red a tight smile.
‘Thanks’ (The sarcasm is masked but there)
She mutters something about ’And they say chivalry is dead’ before stomping off to poke the Denny’s with a stick, (quite literally, she grabs a convenient branch and uses it to push the door open).
Assuming nothing exploded or collapsed Sally will carefully poke her head in and look around, everything looks normal (apart from the lack of people), on the counter next to the door is an employee badge (‘Hello my name is Steve’) and $14.75.
 

BabiNani

Visual Novel Connoisseur
>Red doesn't notice anyone around at all. ANYONE! No one's in the parking lot and there's no one inside. Yet, there is food cooking and all the lights are on.
> Let's investigate! @TR273 After you.~ I AM gentleman, after all. U_U
Sally gives Red a tight smile.
‘Thanks’ (The sarcasm is masked but there)
She mutters something about ’And they say chivalry is dead’ before stomping off to poke the Denny’s with a stick, (quite literally, she grabs a convenient branch and uses it to push the door open).
Assuming nothing exploded or collapsed Sally will carefully poke her head in and look around, everything looks normal (apart from the lack of people), on the counter next to the door is an employee badge (‘Hello my name is Steve’) and $14.75.

Red and Sally investigate the abstruse building, keeping their senses alert. They immediately noticed the dilapidated interior with missing wall tiles and rubble on the floor.

iN7lDmN.png


As well as...freshly made breakfast foods placed in front of each seat. Eggs, toast, bacon, waffles, everything the typical diner offers is here ready to eat, still piping hot.

Both characters are perplexed as to how so much food was prepared in a such, not only dingy, but with no trace of anyone ever being here. No unsettled dust, except from the plates of food, being from the bottom rims being gently placed on top of the counter.

hUB3FOj.png


The name tag Sally noticed earlier is covered in mold and mildew. It is clearly old and has not moved since it was first put there. There is a hand-written promotion attached to the name tag. I'm guessing the Denny's did some big promotion shortly before they closed. Business must not have been doing well, as we can easily imagine. Our duo wonders for a moment what the promotion could have been for. Their thoughts are immediately stopped at the sounds of their rumbling tummies. There is a delicious array of foods being proposed before them. Mmmm *sniiiiif* bacon!

Do they sit and eat a meal before it gets cold? Maybe they should get Nani and Pogo over here first, or bring some back?

>pogo does more of the same. Snoozing cat rests with one eye open.

xNxTciZ.png


Indeed many catnaps to be had back at the campsite. Pogo and Nani are doing what cats do best - relaxing.

The others in the group are doing their best to make shelters and gather resources. The wounded are laying about chit chatting with each other, trying to ease the tension of the situation. All in all, everyone seems to be getting along and working together.
 

hardman13

Bouncy faithful powerful fox.
//I wanna join, so I'll use my limited imagination to slip through the cracks.

>There's a floating piece of wood out towards the horizon! There's something... rainbow on it. A rag. No, an animal, since it has a tail.
>It's a fox, floating towards the island! He looks exhausted and thin, and in serious need of help or he'll float away again!
 

redhusky

Emperor of Floof! King of the Rats and Spamlord!
Red and Sally investigate the abstruse building, keeping their senses alert. They immediately noticed the dilapidated interior with missing wall tiles and rubble on the floor.

iN7lDmN.png


As well as...freshly made breakfast foods placed in front of each seat. Eggs, toast, bacon, waffles, everything the typical diner offers is here ready to eat, still piping hot.

Both characters are perplexed as to how so much food was prepared in a such, not only dingy, but with no trace of anyone ever being here. No unsettled dust, except from the plates of food, being from the bottom rims being gently placed on top of the counter.

hUB3FOj.png


The name tag Sally noticed earlier is covered in mold and mildew. It is clearly old and has not moved since it was first put there. There is a hand-written promotion attached to the name tag. I'm guessing the Denny's did some big promotion shortly before they closed. Business must not have been doing well, as we can easily imagine. Our duo wonders for a moment what the promotion could have been for. Their thoughts are immediately stopped at the sounds of their rumbling tummies. There is a delicious array of foods being proposed before them. Mmmm *sniiiiif* bacon!

Do they sit and eat a meal before it gets cold? Maybe they should get Nani and Pogo over here first, or bring some back?



xNxTciZ.png


Indeed many catnaps to be had back at the campsite. Pogo and Nani are doing what cats do best - relaxing.

The others in the group are doing their best to make shelters and gather resources. The wounded are laying about chit chatting with each other, trying to ease the tension of the situation. All in all, everyone seems to be getting along and working together.
> All Red needs to know is that there is bacon to be had and grabs a seat a calls for service! He looks over what APPEARS to a be menu. He says very impressed "Fancy!~"
 

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
>Rainbow fox on drift wood. Ahhh. Someone go out there a do something. Pogo searches the plane for a raft.
 

BabiNani

Visual Novel Connoisseur
//I wanna join, so I'll use my limited imagination to slip through the cracks.

>There's a floating piece of wood out towards the horizon! There's something... rainbow on it. A rag. No, an animal, since it has a tail.
>It's a fox, floating towards the island! He looks exhausted and thin, and in serious need of help or he'll float away again!

wwGMcHn.png


Oh no! Poor little fox, we have to help him.

>Rainbow fox on drift wood. Ahhh. Someone go out there a do something. Pogo searches the plane for a raft.

nMVGQuH.png


Nani's rest is disturbed by the sudden drama. Dammit, what the hell is this racket about? I am trying to take a MUCH deserved nap. Ugh!

Pogo rummages through the plane for a raft. He manages to find one after several minutes, but it's already popped. Crap!

Thankfully the tide pulled the rainbow fox closer to shore. Pogo should be able to save him himself.

e5XIuDJ.png


Pogo reaches out to the rainbow fox, who has just begun to regain consciousness. The sunlight beaming onto Pogo gives a dreamy look about him. The fox wasn't sure if what he was seeing was real. He was swiftly carried over to the camp where we have plenty of food and water to help him recover. I'm sure Sally will take a look at him too, to mend any wounds he may have. Where did this curious little fellow come from? He doesn't seem to be from our plane. We'll ask him once he feels better.

> All Red needs to know is that there is bacon to be had and grabs a seat a calls for service! He looks over what APPEARS to a be menu. He says very impressed "Fancy!~"

Red decides to be a goof and play around with the old tabletop bell, which surprisingly still rung, and calling for waiters he knows aren't there. He eats whatever has delicious bacon with it and scarfs it down.

Sally carefully observes her options and settles upon a plate of sunny-side eggs, sausage links, and buttered toast. She picks apart her food a little before taking a bite. It doesn't seem to be tampered with. It's yummy!

The two fill their tummies with deliciousness and decide to go back to camp to tell the others about the seemingly-abandoned-but-not-really-Denny's. There's no way they're going to believe this, which'll make it all more hilarious when they see it for themselves.
 

hardman13

Bouncy faithful powerful fox.
>Gimmik is far too exhausted to do much more now than sleep and retain his energy for when it's needed. He won't be able to answer any questions in the state he's in.
 

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
>Sally although suspicious of the food on offer, seeing Red dig in with apparently no I'll effects, helps herself to something light. Feeling cheered by the meal she checks the water in the taps to see if it is drinkable, (Assuming it is) she suggests to Red that they take as much as they can carry back to the others along with the uneaten food. And it might be an idea to check back around the same time tomorrow to see if the food has reappeared. She then leaves a positive comment in the molding visitors book.
 

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
>plop the sleeping rainbow fox on the hammok and keeps watch for anything else floating sea side.
 

hardman13

Bouncy faithful powerful fox.
//oh, also, I have an entire life mapped out for Gimmik in this story, so unless you want to make your own, don't worry about that bit :D. Just thought you ought to know that I can use it when needed, unless, like I said, you wanted to use your own?
 

Samsinater

New Member
>Something unusual happens...
807380525fd75bf59cd30e7351ca995c34ae1d90.png

>A lone wanderer treks through uncharted territory, in search of something. He is altogether unsure of the passage of time on his journey.
6FyPqeU.gif

>What he finds is not quite what he expected. He hears voices he does not recognize, emanating from an unfamiliar clearing just up ahead. This isn't where he meant to end up at all, yet he cannot simply ignore this new mystery. He investigates.
0sJQWRF.png

Just what is going on over here?
 

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
>I hop out from behind the counter in this mystery island Denny's, and start cooking some pancakes. "Oh, visitors! I haven't seen anyone else in the island in ages!"
>Sally gives a yelp of surprise and jumps backwards, bumping into a fragile looking table which promptly collapses into a pile of wood pulp, bakelite and dry rot.
'Who are you? And where did you come from?' She asked reasonably.
 

BabiNani

Visual Novel Connoisseur
>Gimmik is far too exhausted to do much more now than sleep and retain his energy for when it's needed. He won't be able to answer any questions in the state he's in.
>plop the sleeping rainbow fox on the hammok and keeps watch for anything else floating sea side.

9UjVXqQ.png


Pogo places Gimmik in his hammock to rest. How sweet of him! Gimmik is also given a blanket from the plane, which is unfortunately low quality and itchy, but he is too far into dreamland to notice. I'm sure he will explain his whereabouts once he wakes up. Rest well little buddy, the others should be bringing back some warm, yummy food.

Meanwhile...

>I hop out from behind the counter in this mystery island Denny's, and start cooking some pancakes. "Oh, visitors! I haven't seen anyone else in the island in ages!"
>Sally gives a yelp of surprise and jumps backwards, bumping into a fragile looking table which promptly collapses into a pile of wood pulp, bakelite and dry rot.
'Who are you? And where did you come from?' She asked reasonably.

RUZ7pVq.png


Holy CRAP this dude scared the jeepers out of Sally. He seems pretty chill, though. Thankfully the table she bumped into was basically styrofoam, so she is unharmed.

Our new friend goes into the kitchen to make those pancakes, but quickly became disappointed. All (that's left of) the ingredients are beyond spoiled. It was bare pickings, but our new friend found an old bag of flour.

c58FgdX.png


April....nineteenth...nineteen...uhh, something. We're nearly a quarter into the new century so...yeah. That's not good. This only begs further questions as to how the freshly made signature menu items have been made.

Aside from the ingredients, no appliances are working. All the tools and equipment are in bad shape. Huh...

>Red, easily distracted, admires all the exotic flora , but not fauna @TR273 *glares*, and starts snacking on the food he was carrying.

>Something unusual happens...
807380525fd75bf59cd30e7351ca995c34ae1d90.png

>A lone wanderer treks through uncharted territory, in search of something. He is altogether unsure of the passage of time on his journey.
6FyPqeU.gif

>What he finds is not quite what he expected. He hears voices he does not recognize, emanating from an unfamiliar clearing just up ahead. This isn't where he meant to end up at all, yet he cannot simply ignore this new mystery. He investigates.
0sJQWRF.png

Just what is going on over here?

Red was gorging on bacon when an even newer friend emerges from the forest. He approaches Red.

"Oh boy, I'm starved!"

28AXos1.png


He grabs the bacon out of Red's grasp and quickly nibbles it. "Thanks!" he says. Red is dumbfounded.
 

Pogo

I pounce i bounce.
>food available and most of the passengers accounted for. Perhaps it would be a good idea to secure shelter. The tail end of the plane would do nicely. Just gotta get rid of these bolted down seats.
 

artichuka

Well-Known Member
>Sally gives a yelp of surprise and jumps backwards, bumping into a fragile looking table which promptly collapses into a pile of wood pulp, bakelite and dry rot.
'Who are you? And where did you come from?' She asked reasonably.
Realizing it had been too engrossed by its flour hunt to answer the reasonable question, the creature turns to answer
9bb0dc9b1707af56112d84ee4bde963d21026132.png

"I dunno. I'm just The Regular Normal Chef though, don't even worry about it. Say, are you hungry?"
 

hardman13

Bouncy faithful powerful fox.
((Gotta say, im really enjoying the art everyone here is making.))
//same, pogo. I would draw stuff too, but I don't have the equipment or basic talent to do so. I'm more of a writing person ._. anyway...

9UjVXqQ.png


Pogo places Gimmik in his hammock to rest. How sweet of him! Gimmik is also given a blanket from the plane, which is unfortunately low quality and itchy, but he is too far into dreamland to notice. I'm sure he will explain his whereabouts once he wakes up. Rest well little buddy, the others should be bringing back some warm, yummy food.

Meanwhile...




RUZ7pVq.png


Holy CRAP this dude scared the jeepers out of Sally. He seems pretty chill, though. Thankfully the table she bumped into was basically styrofoam, so she is unharmed.

Our new friend goes into the kitchen to make those pancakes, but quickly became disappointed. All (that's left of) the ingredients are beyond spoiled. It was bare pickings, but our new friend found an old bag of flour.

c58FgdX.png


April....nineteenth...nineteen...uhh, something. We're nearly a quarter into the new century so...yeah. That's not good. This only begs further questions as to how the freshly made signature menu items have been made.

Aside from the ingredients, no appliances are working. All the tools and equipment are in bad shape. Huh...





Red was gorging on bacon when an even newer friend emerges from the forest. He approaches Red.

"Oh boy, I'm starved!"

28AXos1.png


He grabs the bacon out of Red's grasp and quickly nibbles it. "Thanks!" he says. Red is dumbfounded.

When Gimmik gets some food down him, he'll have the energy to answer some questions. For now, however, he dreams of chasing bun-buns and digging dens...
 

hardman13

Bouncy faithful powerful fox.
Oh, and Gimmik can only eat meat and mangoes. Anything else and he'll be violently sick. The other survivors will probably have to find that out through trial and error. Anything else you'll have to ask about...
 

Samsinater

New Member
4vmvJoJ.png

The bacon is instantly obliterated, with no chance of recourse. After swallowing, the entirely too casually dressed stranger breathes a sigh of relief, and starts talking just slightly too fast. "You're a real lifesaver guy! I mean it: you really saved my bacon! I can't even remember the last time I ate real food. Or any food. Actually I'm having trouble remembering almost anything at all, possibly on account of hunger-induced amnesia. ...Hm."
G5Pabfu.gif

He abruptly stops talking, and seems to get lost in thought for several moments, vacantly staring off into space. It's almost as though he's gone completely catatonic, like a computer program that unexpectedly freezes... Then he blinks, and snaps back to attention. "Oh right! Sorry if I asked this before and forgot (y'know, due to hunger), but who are you and also since when are there other people here?"
 

redhusky

Emperor of Floof! King of the Rats and Spamlord!
4vmvJoJ.png

The bacon is instantly obliterated, with no chance of recourse. After swallowing, the entirely too casually dressed stranger breathes a sigh of relief, and starts talking just slightly too fast. "You're a real lifesaver guy! I mean it: you really saved my bacon! I can't even remember the last time I ate real food. Or any food. Actually I'm having trouble remembering almost anything at all, possibly on account of hunger-induced amnesia. ...Hm."
G5Pabfu.gif

He abruptly stops talking, and seems to get lost in thought for several moments, vacantly staring off into space. It's almost as though he's gone completely catatonic, like a computer program that unexpectedly freezes... Then he blinks, and snaps back to attention. "Oh right! Sorry if I asked this before and forgot (y'know, due to hunger), but who are you and also since when are there other people here?"
>Red is super suspicious this bacon thief and points him in the wrong direction!
 

hardman13

Bouncy faithful powerful fox.
> Gimmik twitches in his sleep. He's wondering where the mangoes are, and why the ones he does find are pink and blue. Of course, it's a dream, but he doesn't know that. His stomach rumbles. Hopefully he can find some soon.
 
Top