• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Main Character for my game project

Bullslayer

1562256571.bullslayer_cybill.png

She's still a WIP as i am still very new at this, this game was originally an idea i had come up with for a homework assignment back in 2009 for college, i've been slowly piecing it together and flushing it out into something all gamers would enjoy.

Bullslayer

Cybill.png

yeah, all my art is 3d cause i cant draw anything good on paper, only reason im even any good at anthros in 3d is cause i've redesigned this fuzzball at least 100 times now lol. I feel like i keep fighting that stupid fear people have of things related to furries. Its tough getting good feed back on my art sometimes cause theres almost always one or two people that start up the "ewhhhhh its a furry" shit. What amuses me is those types of people will turn around and play games like Crash Bandicoot no problem.... (its a bandicoot in jean shorts and shoes that runs around upright!) XD

Ahkasia

Well furry is okay as long as its not the extreme one i think, well what can i say since i make hentai anyway lel

Ringo the Wolf

A lone wolf.
I thought it was Second Life lol
Is that you're gonna do some sort of Space Marine?
space-marine-costume-300x250.jpg

Bullslayer

Yeah i've had friends in the past that have said she doesnt look female enough, mostly on account of her chest. Its a touchy subject because video games have a tendency to over due that stuff and i dont think its ok personally. I try really hard to keep my characters PG. lol

And yeah its kinda 40k ish.... ok its a really 40k ish game. Pretty Grim Dark as far as the setting, the enemies are brutal. Its a survival horror game, im attacking the concept that survival horrors can only be "helpless human vs baddies" and approaching with "Your characters a superior predator race and shits still scary deadly". Anthro races aren't allowed to use guns because humans reign above all with superior tech for a change and dont wish to share those kinds of weapons with other species.

Last edited:

Ringo the Wolf

A lone wolf.
Huh, okay. Good luck then boi.
Gotta join company of Blood Ravens.

Bullslayer

Cybil's character design is meant to be acceptable to both male and female gamers alike as i recognize the growing number of women gamers =D

Foxex

3D Charcter Artist
Yeah i've had friends in the past that have said she doesnt look female enough, mostly on account of her chest. Its a touchy subject because video games have a tendency to over due that stuff and i dont think its ok personally. I try really hard to keep my characters PG. lol

And yeah its kinda 40k ish.... ok its a really 40k ish game. Pretty Grim Dark as far as the setting, the enemies are brutal. Its a survival horror game, im attacking the concept that survival horrors can only be "helpless human vs baddies" and approaching with "Your characters a superior predator race and shits still scary deadly". Anthro races aren't allowed to use guns because humans reign above all with superior tech for a change and dont wish to share those kinds of weapons with other species.

As a fellow game designer and 3D artist for games and stuff, and a major horror game junkie. The issue you get when you are "attacking the concept that survival horrors can only be "helpless human vs baddies"" is that it loses all senses of a survivor horror game and becomes basically an action game. The point of it being a Survivor Horror is that you, as the player, is weak and is trying to survive. If your character is capable and strong, your not really tying to survive at that point and more or less your just fighting against the bad guys with your set of skills. Take Dead Space for example, the atmosphere may be scary and horror-ish, the monsters are scary/cool. BUT Isaac Clarke is the most capable Mother F-er in that game, as the player, he's sick overpowered and trashes just about anything he can come across with little to no effort with the tools he's given. A similar thing happens in Evil Within (among other problems in that game). Not saying that you can't do it, but the description of your game to me comes off as an action game with stealth elements, since i assume your character is more of a melee fighter that will be going against guns and stuff so I assume that ambushing and stealth killing would be a thing.

just my 2 cents and observations

As for the 3D character, you have a good start and base for her, but you should look into taking her into Blender or ZBrush to get some finer details and features about her. Currently she's a very bland looking character with little to no distinguishing features. Honestly forget trying to make a character appeal to male and female gamers. There's no such thing, It is far more important to create and design a character that is interesting and appealing in a general sense above all else, the memorable characters from games are all due to their designs, personalities, and the way they carry themselves.

there are different ways of making a character female rather than just breasts, her overall proportions, they way she carries her self, facial features, etc. Currently from the full body image you have up top in the opening post, she does not look like a "she." the fact that she weares power-armor-like armor makes accentuating her breasts pointless since power-armor like that tends to have more a barrel-like shape. i.e. the Master Chief. a simple way of determining a female form with out the inclusion of larger breasts is emphasizing the waist, hips, and thighs. Females's thighs tend to be much ticker and wider than a males, it will always reach the apex of the wide curve (or the widest point of a female's thigh) of the silhouette perpendicular to the crotch, that's where it will be the thickest and taper from there. if that's done then the current waist you have now will be naturally emphasized and the character will look more feminine. Her shoulders are also much too broad even with the armor, the way they connect with her torso almost makes them look robotic, and clunky. perhaps give them more of a natural and condensed shape or remove the shoulder piece entirely and rework it to be more of a type of bracer or something of the like. the Female Gears from Gears of War has some fantastic armor designs on them. it's functional and piratical while keeping their feminine shape/figure and silhouette without it being sexualized one bit.

Fun observation: the Torso armor of the male and Female gears are pretty much the same shape and design, and they managed to make females and males very distinguishable without the uses of breasts at all

As for her face, that will have to be done in either ZBrush or another sculpting program.