• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Main site SFW/NSFW filter/switch revisions?

Janie

Hello, Janie7 here. :)

I'm a user of FurAffinity for now 6 years and I like all ameliorations bring in this website.
However, there's a thing that I feel concern about for a while.

I need to bring the FurAffinity Policies here because I am confuse to be started.
I read every point about FA's nudity/sexual permitted content for General Audience aka (SFW) and it let me very confused about what is permitted and what needs to be flagged as NSFW. What is the limit? I specially ask admins to answer this question because I think you are the voice of reason for this particular case.

As a SFW user, I may encounter a disappointment about a situation that seems to be generally ignored by numbers of FA users.
I don't know if you ever have (as a SFW user) watched an artist that you really like, but his/her SFW content twist to be more NSFW for some of his/her works.
Well, I don't know if it needs to be tagged as an issue, but here I feel to be chocked when I see some of his/her suggestive NSFW YCH/Auctions/Commissions etc... censored in goal to "bypass" self-promotions/reminders in SFW filter/switch.

I'm really happy to have access to a SFW/NSFW switch, but this gift feels useless because NSFW artists seem to want more than NSFW audience and that's what it gets me into a deep reflection/concern.
Is the SFW respected?
Is the NSFW artist can be penalized/flagged for his/her actions?
How far a NSFW art can be "bypassed" in the SFW filter? (Where is the limit line?)

That's just my personal point of view. I just wonder if I'm not the only one who feel that is not okay to let NSFW artists post censored NSFW arts in SFW side of the site because they (the pictures) will remain in my notifications box disturbing censored images that I am not interested at the first place, and ask to not be shown by the SFW/NSFW switch.

I will let you with the "SFW not so SFW" picture from my SFW notification that push me to write this letter today.

Last edited by a moderator:

luffy

Administrator
Staff member
If you miscategorize your submissions, and it's reported, you get in trouble. This goes for mature being categorized as adult, too. We don't take action out of reports unless it's something real bad an administrator finds on the frontpage or in the wild by chance. What you linked is very much so NOT supposed to be general, so I'll report it to the person who handles ratings. I'm also removing it from your post with no penalty since you are confused and asking for clarification.