• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Making The Best Reference Sheets

Pompadork

Bowman
Im finally gonna try to make a ref sheet for unnamed emo cow and I need some inspo! Post some of your favorite ref sheets or your own!
And as an added bonus question: what do you personally feel like you should have other than the obvious picture of them? Their gender/sexuality? Their interests? Their high score on Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2? Their n00dz?

Tao

Hare Boi
I'd include stuff about your character's personality to give artists a feel for how your character is! And maybe a couple different views of your fursona and different outfits!

Atomic_Redhead

Minnesooootan
Both of these are great ones! The first link is a little more detailed and the second one is less so.

Ultimate Free Reference Sheet | RadPandas

pencillion-free-lineart-generic-canine-ref-sheet.png

S

Steelite

And as an added bonus question: what do you personally feel like you should have other than the obvious picture of them? Their gender/sexuality? Their interests? Their high score on Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2? Their n00dz?
To me, I don't think it's necessary. Whether you join a RP for commissioning someone, you only really need to show them, "here, my character looks like this".
Personally, I feel like the texts would only distract the viewers from the actual pictures.

As for me, I don't do refs, only got seperate pictures here and there.

Inkblooded

Him...
Banned
Put important visual details on the sheet, extra personality text can be put in the description or toyhouse page.

Unfortunately not everyone pays attention to extra text. I'm still looking for a solution myself.