• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Making the noise of your Fursona's species.

Traven V

Luna-tic.
Hard to say I think if it makes them happy than sure, but I've never been around people who do that a lot. I do meow a lot at home, grow and bark sometimes too, yip occasionally but it's usually just playing around. It's fun to made sound effects plus sometimes when walk in a room where my friends are and suddenly mew it gives them a kind of random wtf laugh, yeah I can be silly but it's all in good fun.

Earth Rio

It isn't butter?!
When I'm joking around, I meow a lot, despite my fursona not being a cat. However, every time I'm irritated, I tend to snarl- old habits die hard, and I've done it for the past seven or so years, starting when I was a kid. I also yelp (though I have no control over that one) whenever surprised or unbalanced. However, my rarest animal impersonation is when I'm extremely sad, mainly by death, whether real or fictional- my howl. I don't know where it came from, but I just did it once day when one of my favourite characters died in a book. Since then, I've taken opportunities to practice for when I get my fursuit. I've also tried a realistic-ish whimper and random squeaking.

I can't purr and my bark's overly loud, but hey, I try.

Last edited:

KigRatel

Colaholic
I don't know what noises Honey Badgers make, so even if I wanted to make the same noises as my Mascot's species for some silly reason, I can't.

However, sssssssssssssssometimesssssssssssssss when i'm really bored i'll exsssssssssssssssssstend my ssssssssssssssss'ssssssssssssssssss. It'sssssssssssssssssssssssssss a converssssssssssssssssssssssation ssssssssssssssssssssssssssstarter.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I don't know what noises Honey Badgers make, so even if I wanted to make the same noises as my Mascot's species for some silly reason, I can't.

However, sssssssssssssssometimesssssssssssssss when i'm really bored i'll exsssssssssssssssssstend my ssssssssssssssss'ssssssssssssssssss. It'sssssssssssssssssssssssssss a converssssssssssssssssssssssation ssssssssssssssssssssssssssstarter.

Honeybadgers don't make noise...or if they do it is drowned out by the squealing of their victims, the vicious little critters. x3

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Badgers scream bloody murder in the night. When I lived in England I was walking with a friend back to his house and heard this blood curdling scream like a woman being murdered in the woods, then he told be badgers do that to claim territory or something along those lines, it was a long time ago. I dunno about honey badgers.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Badgers scream bloody murder in the night. When I lived in England I was walking with a friend back to his house and heard this blood curdling scream like a woman being murdered in the woods, then he told be badgers do that.

Honeybadgers aren't actually badgers. I didn't know badgers did that though, that's interesting.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
They are in the same family mustelidae, close enough :) Anyway honey badgers do make noises, they purr scream and chitter according to wiki.

Last edited:

KigRatel

Colaholic
Well then, maybe next time i'm extremely bored i'll scream bloody murder. That should warrant some kind of reaction, i'm sure. :V

Bloodshot_Eyes

I meow at my cats, it bugs them. They love it. <3
Also lizards are silent and if you smash a lizard with a brick it'll probably remain silent.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Imagine hearing this in the middle of the night near the woods
[video=youtube;xwrG_HdH2oY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwrG_HdH2oY[/video]
badgers are scary sounding

Fallowfox

If I ever do punctuate my actions with animal noises, which I usually do not, they're usually amorphous 'ideas of what an animal noise sounds like' rather than 'I am screaming realistically like species x,'.

DW_

memes, you say?

Limbo

._.
I bleat like a goat sometimes, when I'm jumping around and eating everything in sight.
Nah, I just do it because I like the noise that goats make and therefore must imitate.

Kluuvdar

Supreme Grocer
I meow at my cats if they meow at me, when I'm bored. I don't really ever make snarling dragon noises.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
I howl whenever I paw off, I have pinups of sexy women in Little Red Riding Hood outfits, and I have to wear my wolf hat on my head and tail tucked into my wolf-themed boxers while I'm asleep. But at least I can honestly say I'm an animal in the bedroom.

And the pick-up lines:
"Sure you can 'tie the knot' with me but that does not mean we're married."

DW_

memes, you say?
I howl whenever I paw off, I have pinups of sexy women in Little Red Riding Hood outfits, and I have to wear my wolf hat on my head and tail tucked into my wolf-themed boxers while I'm asleep. But at least I can honestly say I'm an animal in the bedroom.

And the pick-up lines:
"Sure you can 'tie the knot' with me but that does not mean we're married."

AHAHAHAHA

im a dead corpse

BarlettaX

Neo is OP
Woof.
Meow.
Moo.

Animal noises are things we all did as kids. But some Furries carry them on through to adulthood.

Now it's OK if it's as a joke (i.e. "i'm a dog lol yap yap yap :V"), but is it acceptable when it's taken to it's full extent? I've heard of some fuzzbutts taking it to the extent that they'll bark realistically instead of greeting normal, or Meowing mid conversation... Wierd, or typical furry behaviour? Your thoughts please.
Fuckin' weird.

Bonus question: What noise does your Fursona make? Does it change if you smash them over the head with a brick?
Not entirely sure on the first part, but if it were to take a brick to the head, I'd imagine something along the lines of SPLAK