• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Manimal cliches that piss you off

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
Let's stick wings on everything!

funky3000

Galactic Overlord
Recolors of existing characters, claiming to have put so much effort into it. Yet you can identify the fill tool of MS paint.

As far as the initial list is concerned, I'd say cybercanines and my fursona hit a few of those marks.

Also I find it annoying that cute and friendly macros are somewhat hard to find and get overshadowed by the rampaging macros.

ferretsage

"Manimal cliches that piss me off?"

Yeah, their creators who draw such manimal brutes as mindless and savage blobs of flesh endlessly, yet are too lazy to internalize their power animals -- and remain the polar opposites thereof in reality. Perhaps because they can't reconcile physical and sexual powers with cerebral ones that they end up rejecting and secreting the former two out through their sketchbooks and digital tablets -- externalizing to compensate for a lack of internal expression.

MagnusGear

walking in my sleep
Q.) How do you know a furry is asexual?

A.) Wait five minutes, they'll tell you!

ErN7RaI.jpg

ferretsage

Is it too late to ask what a manimal is?

Well, if you ask most furries what a manimal is, they'll respond that it's an idealized blob of mobile bulbous flesh on paper that kills, and eats, and fucks, and flexes for disposable fetish purposes.

Furries don't have very healthy body images... but to be fair, in a nation where the state of least obesity is 21% (Colorado) -- a staggering 1 in 5 -- who does?

Adult Obesity in the United States: The State of Obesity

Last edited:
R

Rhinorocket

How about:
-Punk dogs/wolves
-All black characters
-Both good and bad traits for one character. (Will kill anyone in sight, calm, has a good sense of humor, aggressive... etc)
-Saturated rainbow color scheme

*^*

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Mainly guns, especially ones that look like they'd weigh 1,000 pounds, being held by these ooga-booga tough-guy sorts. And just guns, in general.

Well, maybe squirt guns. I like squirt guns.

SodaBubbles

I will deliver the explosion
You have a problem with my thread???
Nah. Not really.

I think the thing that annoys me is tacking a unicorn horn onto anything and everything. I'm guilty of this one, I'm obsessed with unicorns. I've managed to keep one off of my shark though. Trying to claim originality on unoriginal markings, or being overly protective of names. Unless you made a seriously unique name, just don't bother.

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
I think the thing that annoys me is tacking a unicorn horn onto anything and everything. I'm guilty of this one, I'm obsessed with unicorns. I've managed to keep one off of my shark though.
Narwhals are pretty cool, though.

quoting_mungo

-Both good and bad traits for one character. (Will kill anyone in sight, calm, has a good sense of humor, aggressive... etc)
Most people have a mixture of good and bad/positive and negative traits, though, and so should any good character. Based on your example, it sounds like your issue is more with implausible combinations of traits? You could conceivably achieve that kind of combination with all-positive or all-negative traits, too. (E.g. something like "Sweet, submissive, a great leader" etc.)

Not meaning to nitpick, just trying to clarify if I'm reading you right.