• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Mantis Fursonas?

Alyx_0_0

Tea thief <3 She/Her <3 POTATO QUEEN
I'm thinking about making my next fursona be some kind of mantis. I don't know much about mantis{es?}{i?} but I hope to learn! Has anyone seen mantis fursonas around the fandom? I certainly haven't and I'd love to change that!

Alyx_0_0

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I know of only one, owned by user (and First Generation Furry) Patpahootie.

Alyx_0_0

I know of only one, owned by user (and First Generation Furry) Patpahootie.
So mantes/mantises {I looked it up} aren't super popular as fursonas... That's so weird since they're so cute!

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
So mantes/mantises {I looked it up} aren't super popular as fursonas... That's so weird since they're so cute!
The only place I've seen where insectoid characters in general are somewhat popular is on Furcadia.

Alyx_0_0

Alyx_0_0

I have researched mantis species. Orchid mantises are perfect. My next fursona will be an orchid mantis. Now for a name! Does anyone want to give me ideas? I'm terrible at naming things XD

Edit: I'm thinking this one will be a "bad girl" and she'll wear punk clothes and have... Well... Mantises don't have anything to pierce so nevermind about that idea... But anyway! She might look like this:
1609864846419.png

But I'm still looking for mantis types. Turns out, my research wasn't nearly as extensive as I thought.

Last edited:

Sam Wamm

I'm a goat plushie
i think there's a greek mythology thing to do with mantids.

something about medusa but i forget what.

Alyx_0_0

Now I'm thinking about making my new sona a mantis/dragon hybrid! I have no idea what that would look like, though, so this girl is gonna be a bit of work to create even in my imagination!