• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sketchbook: Mapping The USA

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
Hello, all!

I'm currently undertaking the gargantuan task of mapping one place from each of the 50 states of the USA.

So, as and when I complete them, you'll see them here!
NOTE- I won't be showing maps anymore, as I aim to sell them later.
To see them, please go to my Trello page- Trello
Currently, I have covered 30 of the 50 states.

I'll take suggestions for places in the states I have not yet covered through this thread, or during streams!

I'll be working on these during Picarto live-streams when I can. For more info on those streams, head to the link below:
forums.furaffinity.net: Fireside Streaming-- Come Join Us!

Here's a handy map and list to show what I've done already. The states marked in green show the ones I have already done. The states in white have not yet been done. The states in orange are the ones I'm currently working on or planning to do at a later date.
State_Map.png

Thanks for the following suggestions:
Boulder, Colorado (suggested by @Manchesterite )
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (suggested by @FluffyShutterbug )
Traverse City, Michigan (suggested by @Simo )
Winston-Salem, North Carolina (suggested by @Tazmo and @PercyD )
Missouri Valley, Iowa (suggested by @MCtheBeardie )
Aransas Pass (suggested by @Ace412 )
Morris, Minnesota (Suggested by @Throwaway )
Marshfield, Wisconsin (Suggested by @Throwaway )

Last edited:

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
Can you explain how you are making the maps?
These are made using MS Paint. I use Google maps to lay out a basic outline and then keep some details from it the same.
However, the maps are different enough so as not to be too similar to the IRL places...but are similar enough to be sort of recognisable.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
These are made using MS Paint. I use Google maps to lay out a basic outline and then keep some details from it the same.
However, the maps are different enough so as not to be too similar to the IRL places...but are similar enough to be sort of recognisable.

incidentally I've done geological mapping before, but it's quite different, haha.

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
incidentally I've done geological mapping before, but it's quite different, haha.
Of course, yeah. I try my best to depict geographical features in these, but I admit I could do a whole lot better.
Still, I'm happy with them for the most part.
Some just take a long time to do.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
lets see...just have my phone here but how about a map of Traverse City Michigan? Am about 8-10 miles outside of it now.

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
Charleston, South Carolina has been completed!
13 out of the 50 states done, now
Charleston_Base.png

Throwaway

Hello, all!

I'm currently undertaking the gargantuan task of mapping one place from each of the 50 states of the USA.

So, as and when I complete them, you'll see them here!
Currently, I have covered 16 of the 50 states.

I'll take suggestions for places in the states I have not yet covered through this thread, or during streams!

I'll be working on these during Picarto live-streams when I can. For more info on those streams, head to the link below:
forums.furaffinity.net: Fireside Streaming-- Come Join Us!

Here's a handy map and list to show what I've done already. The states marked in green show the ones I have already done. The states in white have not yet been done. The states in orange are the ones I'm currently working on.
State_Map.png

Thanks for the following suggestions:
Boulder, Colorado (suggested by @Manchesterite )
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (suggested by @FluffyShutterbug )
Traverse City, Michigan (suggested by @Simo )
Winston-Salem, North Carolina (suggested by @Tazmo and @PercyD )
Missouri Valley, Iowa (suggested by @MCtheBeardie )
Aransas Pass (suggested by @Ace412 )

How about Marshfield, Wisconsin or Morris, Minnesota?