• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Marriage Vs. Mateship

FiiCoon

Damned Coon
The way I see it's just a way to say that you intend to be together for at least a long period of time. It's like a promise ring only cheaper lol. I do have problems with people who have a new "m8te fer lyfe" every damn week.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I eavesdropped on sl to a group of furs relating to their mates and how they use their cum to lube up butt plugs that they leave in all day- at work, church it dont matter.

LOL STDs FTW! :V

The way I see it's just a way to say that you intend to be together for at least a long period of time. It's like a promise ring only cheaper lol. I do have problems with people who have a new "m8te fer lyfe" every damn week.

Those are called "Fuck buddies", good sir. And most likely the person fucking them has to go in for tests once a month. :V

Carnie

RayO_ElGatubelo

My gif animation doesn't work
If I had a furry bf/gf, I would probably call him Or her my mate. Boyfriend Or girlfriend kind of implies you only have one. And mate sounds nicer than fuckbuddy.

RayO_ElGatubelo

I think you're confusing BF/GF with fuckbuddy. You generally don't have more than one girlfriend or boyfriend...

Exactly what I was saying...

Can I has fuckbuddy plz?

j4haxx

I've always hated when furries used the word mate. It is like they are sugar coating a relationship they are unsure about.

i like it. i dont think its sugar coating, and 'mate' is part of my vocabulary.

as for the topic? uhh...

well, Sean Hannity said on the air once that he thinks the point of marriage is to 'focus all of your desires on your spouse', which i take to mean, you might feel like you want to date someone else, but you dont, and you commit. so, i guess 'mate' doesn't really get to that level.. um, but then again you're comparing a concept thats been around for basically forever to things that aren't really exactly solidified concepts, so ..

the main difference between all this other stuff and marriage is that if you're married to someone, you can go around and say, 'person X and myself are basically the same person' and that will be accepted, and, i guess respected? but if you want to have some kind of other relationship, well, you're going to get a different level of respect or acceptance on, uh, a, um, case-by-case basis :3c lol

RayO_ElGatubelo

well, Sean Hannity said on the air once that he thinks the point of marriage is to 'focus all of your desires on your spouse', which i take to mean, you might feel like you want to date someone else, but you dont, and you commit. so, i guess 'mate' doesn't really get to that level.. um, but then again you're comparing a concept thats been around for basically forever to things that aren't really exactly solidified concepts, so ..

But isn't Sean Hannity a douchebag? Why would you take advice from a douchebag?

j4haxx

But isn't Sean Hannity a douchebag? Why would you take advice from a douchebag?

lols. i look forward to the day i can have opinions about guys like Sean Hannity without feeling the heat from everyone.. i was walking through my kitchen the other day, i saw a book from my sister's studies, called 'hunger games'. my mind plays tricks on me, sometimes i see things that aren't really there..

i misread the title! i glanced at it for a second, and i thought it said 'hunter games'. Hunter games! omg hunter games. lol... DO NOT WANT TO PLAY! I don't konw where i'm going with this, but i dont want to read a book called 'hunter games', thats all im saying.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Let's change the meaning of mate to "Spontaneous fuckbuddy".

Zaraphayx

Banned
Banned
Let's change the meaning of mate to "Spontaneous fuckbuddy".

Or we can just not be atrocious faggots.

I also get a laugh every time people engage in the 'ironic' furfaggy stuff; Just embrace who you are, you'll be happier.