• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

martial arts

what matial arts style is perfect for what anthromorphic creature

all dumb comments welcome :3

Last edited:

Browder

Wishes He could Fly
Finally an interesting question comes along and it's so badly written that I can't take it seriously.

For the record, human martial arts are designed to be used by and against other humans. People who studied marital combat would have a much harder time creating a fighting style that could be universally applied.

Silver Dragon

Don't worry, I'm a doctor.
what martial arts style would be perfect 4 furries and what fursona is best suited to that style

all dumb commenys welcome :3

Well now you're just asking for it.....

Joeyyy

Fresh Prince of FAF
HI-YIFF!

lil pun thar...

paintballadict9

Center 50!
foxes = tae-kwan-do *not sure if i spelled right*

wolves = kickboxing *idk why*

cats = judo *cuz theyre not strong?*

coyote = wrestling/muay thai/judo lol XD

Van Ishikawa

ZOMBIE KAEL LOVES YOU
I'm waiting for someone to take the easy route and mention the animal styles of Kung Fu.

Capoeira is the best choice: a beautiful, yet mostly useless martial art that exists for fun and to show off to others. :V

Van Ishikawa

ZOMBIE KAEL LOVES YOU
As a former practitioner, I take issue with this. If done correctly it can tear shit up
I've taken it too, and I agree that if used properly it can be quite effective and works under a similar principle to drunken boxing. However, I don't think it is nearly as applicable in combat as almost any other martial art. It wasn't really meant to be a defensive art as much as a game/dance.

Browder

Wishes He could Fly
I've taken it too, and I agree that if used properly it can be quite effective and works under a similar principle to drunken boxing. However, I don't think it is nearly as applicable in combat as almost any other martial art. It wasn't really meant to be a defensive art as much as a game/dance.

Common misconception. It was made to look like a dance because the white slave owners in brazil didn't want their 'property' damaging each other. But yeah, compared to anything else it's not excellent. I like to think this is because it's pretty young and never really had a time to marinate though. :)

Irreverent

For the record, human martial arts are designed to be used by and against other humans. People who studied marital combat would have a much harder time creating a fighting style that could be universally applied.

Except that the term "martial arts" applies to more than just the far-eastern types. There are old-world and new-world martial arts that would be just as applicable. While commonly thought of has eastern hand-to-hand combat, there are many other forms of "military" arts.

Van Ishikawa

ZOMBIE KAEL LOVES YOU
Common misconception. It was made to look like a dance because the white slave owners in brazil didn't want their 'property' damaging each other. But yeah, compared to anything else it's not excellent. I like to think this is because it's pretty young and never really had a time to marinate though. :)
I think its naturally impeded by the blatant disregard for economy of motion.

And I keep hearing different things about the development of capoeria and every time I hear someone tell the history it invalidates all previous information I thought I knew :V

Browder

Wishes He could Fly
Except that the term "martial arts" applies to more than just the far-eastern types. There are old-world and new-world martial arts that would be just as applicable. While commonly thought of has eastern hand-to-hand combat, there are many other forms of "military" arts.

You mean like Krav maga ot capoeira? Ot are you actually talking tactics? If it's any form of hand to hand (paw to paw?) combat then the rules change, but if the OP is talking military tactics based on weapons handling and troop distribution then not much changes, no.

I think its naturally impeded by the blatant disregard for economy of motion.

This too. :D
I'm not going to lie that I'm pretty biased when it comes to capoeira precisely because of it's origins. That story's inspiring.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
what martial arts style would be perfect 4 furries and what fursona is best suited to that style

all dumb commenys welcome :3

GTFO

Irreverent

You mean like Krav maga ot capoeira? Ot are you actually talking tactics? If it's any form of hand to hand (paw to paw?) combat then the rules change, but if the OP is talking military tactics based on weapons handling and troop distribution then not much changes, no.

I'm talking about a little of both. In the sense that there are combative arts that are also elevated to sciences. And that there are very traditional martial arts that have fallen out of vogue because their meanings or origins have been lost.

Case in point...running, riding, swimming, fencing, archery and shooting aren't considered "martial arts" in the Eastern context of the word....but Modern Pentathlon, Biathlon, Steeplecase, Pylon racing etc are all martial arts of military origin.

Last edited:

Browder

Wishes He could Fly
I'm talking about a little of both. In the sense that there are combative arts that are also elevated to sciences. And that there are very traditional martial arts that have fallen out of vogue because their meanings or origins have been lost.

Case in point...running, riding, swimming, fencing, archery and shooting aren't considered "martial arts" in the Eastern context of the word....but Modern Pentathlon, Biathlon, Steeplecase, Pylon racing etc are all martial arts of military origin.

And they'd be different dependent on species. Since I don't have infinite time I'm not going to try to find out how. Instead I'll think about otters. Do you think they'd have some sort of aquatic thing based off of "military origin"?

i love how u all bitch at eachother 4 tghe slightest things, i get a kick out of it, by the way i do tae kwon do, i am a black belt

Last edited:

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
shouldnt this be in "off topic"?

oh wait.. you put the word "furry" in there...
I guess it belongs in the den too.

just like:

"hey guys what are your favourite videogames?"
-mine's mario! he wears tail like furry!

"hey guys who likes snowboarding?"
- I like snowboarding cuz it's cool. I'm furry.

"martial arts"
I like martial arts... what's good for furries?

Joeyyy

Fresh Prince of FAF
i love how u all bitch at eachother 4 tghe slightest things, i get a kick out of it, by the way i do tae kwon do, i am a black belt

SPELLING ERROR! GTFO! :V