• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Mass Effect 2: Great Game, Or GREATEST Game?

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
sounds like a good gun. and thats the only downfall of the burst fire. no ammo. the sniper is a good one to use on armored and shielded enemies. are you doing a loyalty mission?

I am currently doing Mordin's. There is literally nothing else to do on Tuchanka besides loyalty missions and the occasional minigame/shop.

ThunderWolf78

The Unforgiven.
well you could be doing a minigame (friggean monkeys) <.< from what i remember i just peeked out around corners. if my shields were low. i'd run away, then come back and finish them off. there isnt really much i can say to help you other than take it slow, use sniper some times, and if ur shields get downed use barrier to bring em up. *if you have it*

Lazydabear

Your Bear of Crap Wisdom
sounds like a good gun. and thats the only downfall of the burst fire. no ammo. the sniper is a good one to use on armored and shielded enemies. are you doing a loyalty mission?

There a weapon in the Ghost Ship mission I pick up gun that had 450 Ammo I forgot what it was called but it worked well enough for me cut though the game I am trying out diffrent classes in the game to see how fun they are.

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
There a weapon in the Ghost Ship mission I pick up gun that had 450 Ammo I forgot what it was called but it worked well enough for me cut though the game I am trying out diffrent classes in the game to see how fun they are.

Either way even if you pick your class once you go to the disabled collector ship you receive training in a weapon your not proficient in. So play to your strengths.

Lazydabear

Your Bear of Crap Wisdom
I wanted to try out the Infiltrater class because you can have have Stealth and use a Sniper Rifle. I choose the Vanguard I thought it would be cool to use the Cryo Bullets then Charge Combo.

Torinir

Unreal!
I wanted to try out the Infiltrater class because you can have have Stealth and use a Sniper Rifle. I choose the Vanguard I thought it would be cool to use the Cryo Bullets then Charge Combo.

You get cryo and disruptor ammo as infiltrator. And if you take the sniper rifle when you do the IFF mission, you'll get the anti-material rifle, Legion's upgraded weapon. Sickest sniper rifle in the game, by far.

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
yeah i just thought i'd throw my class out thar. reason i picked soldier is because i didnt want to be stuck using a shotgun and pistol. i like sniping. =)

lolwut? You get the shotgun, the pistol, the sniper rifle and the assault rifle as a soldier right off the bat... it's been that way since the first game. I think your talking about the Infiltrator which starts out with the sniper rifle and pistol.

Altamont

The Bard of the Beasts
Just beat Zaeed's Loyalty Mission. Who would've have thought the least interesting character since Kaiden would have a teensy bit o depth?

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
Just beat Zaeed's Loyalty Mission. Who would've have thought the least interesting character since Kaiden would have a teensy bit o depth?

Kaiden was intere.... wait never mind.

Well I did like Kaiden more then KKK enthusiast Ashley Williams.

Anyway that's Bioware for you. They tend to add depth to their characters. I still remember when the Subject Zero trailer came out and everyone was whining about how she was nothing compared to Wrex, and that it was a horrible character idea on their part. Yet the actual character has a backstory and subquest that you at least want to do.

Altamont

The Bard of the Beasts
Yeah, I found all of the character's backsories in ME 2 incredibly interesting. Still, Garrus' was again my personal fave; he's the perfect mix of uncompromising badass and self-doubting, soul-searching young man. Dizzamn.

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
I'd get it for the PC but I hate playing console games on the PC.

ME2's gameplay feels FAR different on the PC. It has a completely new interface that revolves around using your mouse.

Really, the gameplay feels different.

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
Mouse sensitivity is far from existent, from what I've been hearing.

I don't know about you, but aiming for me has been very easy. Much easier then on the 360.

ThunderWolf78

The Unforgiven.
lolwut? You get the shotgun, the pistol, the sniper rifle and the assault rifle as a soldier right off the bat... it's been that way since the first game. I think your talking about the Infiltrator which starts out with the sniper rifle and pistol.

naw i should have been more clear. in ME1 i was a vanguard. i couldnt zoom in with a sniper rifle or with an assault rifle. i didnt want to risk it in ME2 so thats why i picked soldier. they can zoom with anything.

J

Jelly

The last boss was hella stupid both as a concept (I mean, I didn't mind fighting the class of thing that it was; but its art design and how it was being created) and as a boss battle.

I liked that you got to play after you beat it.

my shepard boned bubble girl
she's cool

why no gay garrus

god, he's so angular
it makes no sense

Last edited by a moderator:

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
why no gay garrus

Bioware... isn't too good with malexmale relationships.

In Dragon Age Origins you could romance the metrosexual elf party member Zevran as a male. Except he is as interesting as a stick and annoys the crap out of you.

J

Jelly

Bioware... isn't too good with malexmale relationships.

In Dragon Age Origins you could romance the metrosexual elf party member Zevran. Except he is as interesting as a stick and annoys the crap out of you.

Most of the characters are uninteresting in DA. Mass Effect 2 just solidified that in my mind.
Yeah, he's just a slut and clearly sex is just a part of his poorly developed childhood psyche - like they talk about with Jack.

god, i fucking hate jack

Still, I suppose things like this are still somewhat taboo in western societies, so I can cut them some slack. Still, you got a real bromance thing going with Garrus if you're a dude, might as well just throw in the option for the hell of it.

also where the fuck are the female turians

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
also where the fuck are the female turians

You should also ask where the fuck are female Salarians, Krogans, Batarians, Vorcha etc.

Bioware even teases you with a female Krogan corpse that Mordin examines. Yet she is under a tarp so you cant look at her.

It's just that Bioware doesn't consider it important enough. It's more important to design characters with depth then make sure every race has balanced sexes. You don't even see Turians as much in this game as you do in the previous. You only see a few Turian mercenaries here and there.

Most of the characters are uninteresting in DA. Mass Effect 2 just solidified that in my mind.

I disagree with you, as I found Morri, Alistair and Shale to be interesting, at least since they were all foils of each other. But bare in mind, very few RPGs go the extra mile with their characters nowadays as Bioware. It comes to the crossroads in WTF do you want?

Cylo

What do you guys think would be the best class for an insanity playthough?

I have a suspicion it would be the sentinel, with fortification as the bonus talent. =U

J

Jelly

You should also ask where the fuck are female Salarians, Krogans, Batarians, Vorcha etc.

Bioware even teases you with a female Krogan corpse that Mordin examines. Yet she is under a tarp so you cant look at her.

It's just that Bioware doesn't consider it important enough. It's more important to design characters with depth then make sure every race has balanced sexes. You don't even see Turians as much in this game as you do in the previous. You only see a few Turian mercenaries here and there.

Well.
To be fair, they used the easy outs:
1. Salarian females never leave the planet due to nesting or something retarded.
2. Krogans are separated into camps to preserve genetic hegemony for clans.

Batarians are pretty hinted to have a heavily divided society of castes and similar garbage, so maybe they thought the suspension of disbelief would lie in the thought that "maybe all their wimmens in the kitchen."

I wouldn't have minded a lack of female Turians if it weren't for "I had reach, she had flexibility," which makes you think that there would be more female Turian soldiers running around boning Turian men when they cant beats them up