• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Mass Effect 2: Great Game, Or GREATEST Game?

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
What do you guys think would be the best class for an insanity playthough?

I have a suspicion it would be the sentinel, with fortification as the bonus talent. =U

The classes are balanced enough to suit any playing style. I personally play an Infiltrator for ME2 but I also enjoy the Vanguard.

Cylo

I felt the vanguard got shot up way too much. On insanity, using Charge is, quite often, suicide.

Unless you're smart and tactical, and stuff.

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
I felt the vanguard got shot up way too much. On insanity, using Charge is, quite often, suicide.

Unless you're smart and tactical, and stuff.

I very rarely played a close range player with vanguard. I mostly used that class for it's biotic abilities coupled with eventually using the assault rifle/shotgun combo.

But now usually I play an Infiltrator mostly due to the sniper rifle's ability to turn an enemy's head into sliced hamburger

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
i never liked to get all close and personal with an enemy in mass effect... maybe thats because i payled an infiltrator^^;
if id play a vangoard id probably use charge to escape rather than attacking with it.
but what am i talking about? my game didnt even arrive yet DX<

J

Jelly

I've been trying out vanguard after beating the game as an infiltrator.

its pretty awkward
also there seems to be a great deal more chances that you will make a tactical mistake and become a pile of crappy ragdoll effects

Cylo

Yeah... playing a vanguard has been described as a 'high risk, high payoff' role.
One-shotting people with the Claymore shotgun, then getting nailed by those enemies just out of range.

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
Yeah... playing a vanguard has been described as a 'high risk, high payoff' role.
One-shotting people with the Claymore shotgun, then getting nailed by those enemies just out of range.

Use your pistol? Or better yet use those biotics your supposed to rely on?

Cylo

Charge has a cooldown time of six seconds. Switching your weapons takes away a few precious moments of your time, too.

A vanguard isn't the best thing to play as on insanity. I imagine it'd be more fun, playing on an easier difficulty, though.

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
Charge has a cooldown time of six seconds. Switching your weapons takes away a few precious moments of your time, too.

Use Barrier. Switch to your heavy pistol for far away targets and keep in cover. Against collectors your always going to have to formulate different strategies depending on what class you pick. As they have enemies that can pretty much decimate whatever tactics you choose. Once you get to the collector ship you will be able to pick up a sniper rifle or an assault rifle, so that should help out somewhat with far away targets. But either way fighting Scions, Harbinger or infamous Praetorians are always going to be tough no matter what class/difficulty you choose.

Last edited:

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
I finished this game last night and it was amazing! My renegade male Shep scored with Tali, their relationship is so hilariously cute. If it weren't for the pile of commissions I have to do, I'd be replaying as female Shep trying to score with either Garrus or Thane. :D

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
gawd, its finally here^^ ive been playing it all day :p
got some complaints already though:
- loading times suck... i still have to install it on the harddrive though, i hope that helps
- scanning planets sucks... they should have kept the mako
- the thermal clips are kinda annoying. not having unlimited ammo anymore does add to the atmosphere though! and the game really doesnt fuck around, every shot counts^^
- just like the first game its impossible to buy everything you need at the beginning... even with the bonus i got for importing a level 60 infiltrator im having a hard time to buy useful stuff
-
solus is giving me a headache, he talks way too much and way too fast...
hes a pretty cool character though^^
- compared to the first game it feels a little "dumbed down". setting your skills, managing your equipment... it works, yes but simply removing the inventory for example instead of tweaking it doesnt really cut it for me :p

im having a great time so far but im not really impressed yet^^

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
I finished this game last night and it was amazing! My renegade male Shep scored with Tali, their relationship is so hilariously cute. If it weren't for the pile of commissions I have to do, I'd be replaying as female Shep trying to score with either Garrus or Thane. :D

I was annoyed at Garrus's romance option since it's very specific. You have to say the right response to him to tell that your interested. At the time I didn't know what response it was, so I said the wrong one and played through have the game before I realized my mistake. At least with Thane he comes onto you and you can say, "I want you".

- scanning planets sucks... they should have kept the mako

NEVER SAY THAT AGAIN

*lalalala* I can't hear you *lalalala*

The Mako was a gawdawful part of Mass Effect. Everybody hated it, along with elevators. That's why they got rid of it.

In DLC for scanned planets they plan on giving us a vehicle to use. It is also supposed to be in the datafiles already since if you go to controls it shows controls for a vehicle. But there aren't any in game.

The loading screens aren't THAT bad. It's just people have a negative view on them since the PS1. Try playing an ancient PS1 game now, you'll feel your eyes burn out of your sockets due to how long it takes. Would you rather the annoying elevators return?

Also, Mordin doesn't have to be a spoiler. He's just a character in game. A very cool character I was surprised Bioware added a ton of conversations to. While other characters, specifically Garrus, only have like 3 major conversations.

- just like the first game its impossible to buy everything you need at the beginning... even with the bonus i got for importing a level 60 infiltrator im having a hard time to buy useful stuff

Honestly credits in the long run don't really matter. The only things you really want to buy with credits are armor pieces and the occasional weapon bonus. What you really want to do is focus on upgrades for your weapons and armor.

- compared to the first game it feels a little "dumbed down". setting your skills, managing your equipment... it works, yes but simply removing the inventory for example instead of tweaking it doesnt really cut it for me :p

I honestly felt the original game was a little overcomplicated for that style. I mean the inventory and shop system was gawdawful. Having hundreds of stupid armors you never used since the looting system sucked, having a 150 cap where you have to remove stuff every hour of playing etc. Everyone hated it, since they were trying to emulate Kotor with a Third Person Shooter. With skills you had too many that you didn't really use. (Like weapons you don't really use if your a soldier). They wanted to keep it far more simple, hence the smaller level cap. Plus Shepard is already a master at arms. I think he would know how to aim his rifles and such since the first game. It's far more profitable for the player to invest in their upgrades and powers like you usually did in the first.

Last edited:

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
NEVER SAY THAT AGAIN

*lalalala* I can't hear you *lalalala*

The Mako was a gawdawful part of Mass Effect. Everybody hated it, along with elevators. That's why they got rid of it.

In DLC for scanned planets they plan on giving us a vehicle to use. It is also supposed to be in the datafiles already since if you go to controls it shows controls for a vehicle. But there aren't any in game.
awww come on^^ the mako was AWESOME! cruising on a planet with those sloppy controls was so much fun! or climbing mountains with it? sooo much fun!
product_me_tshirt_mako124l.jpg

and yes, ive heard about that vehicle.

The loading screens aren't THAT bad. It's just people have a negative view on them since the PS1. Try playing an ancient PS1 game now, you'll feel your eyes burn out of your sockets due to how long it takes. Would you rather the annoying elevators return?

i play the xbox 360 version, if you dont install it some loading times are just as long :p so yeah, instead of starring at a mass relay for the 300th time id rather have the dialogues in the elevators again XD

Honestly credits in the long run don't really matter. The only things you really want to buy with credits are armor pieces and the occasional weapon bonus. What you really want to do is focus on upgrades for your weapons and armor.

yeah, i thought so. didnt really find much to pay credits for yet

I honestly felt the original game was a little overcomplicated for that style. I mean the inventory and shop system was gawdawful. Having hundreds of stupid armors you never used since the looting system sucked, having a 150 cap where you have to remove stuff every hour of playing etc. Everyone hated it, since they were trying to emulate Kotor with a Third Person Shooter. With skills you had too many that you didn't really use. (Like weapons you don't really use if your a soldier). They wanted to keep it far more simple, hence the smaller level cap. Plus Shepard is already a master at arms. I think he would know how to aim his rifles and such since the first game. It's far more profitable for the player to invest in their upgrades and powers like you usually did in the first.

the inventory sucked, the shops were ok in my opinion.
the new skillsystem is very streamlined but imo it kinda sucks that its not really an RPG anymore... sure, you have lots of dialogue but you cant really customize shepard anymore =/

but anywho, im very happy with the game! its still awesome, its just a new experience. ill adapt to it ^.^

Holsety

At the time I didn't know what response it was, so I said the wrong one and played through have the game before I realized my mistake. At least with Thane he comes onto you and you can say, "I want you".
It's more a problem that if you dont go into the Investigate options you'll miss it, if you do that its pretty obvious (IIRC its something to the effect of "We could do that" after he talks about banging that other turian)

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
It's more a problem that if you dont go into the Investigate options you'll miss it, if you do that its pretty obvious (IIRC its something to the effect of "We could do that" after he talks about banging that other turian)

Lol here's the specifics of it. You could say "We could do that" then there's two options. Either "Not what I meant" or "You know me"

I chose you know me instead of "Not what I meant"

Holsety

It should be pretty obvious which one is which, Shepard's a decorated soldier always fighting etc., not what I meant comes after "I didnt know you wanted to spar"

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
It should be pretty obvious which one is which, Shepard's a decorated soldier always fighting etc., not what I meant comes after "I didnt know you wanted to spar"

I just wish that there wasn't so much room to fuck up as the other romances. I mean with the others you might accidentally trigger it, as I did with Thane a few times

J

Jelly

I just wish that there wasn't so much room to fuck up as the other romances. I mean with the others you might accidentally trigger it, as I did with Thane a few times

"I CANT DATE A DYING MAN."

also why do you have to rape garrus
incidentally, what a terrible idea
he's a ball of spikes

Lazydabear

Your Bear of Crap Wisdom

I am pissed because you can't romance Samara in the game even if you have choose to mate Morinth your not going be lucky to go to the next stage of the game.

J

Jelly

I am pissed because you can't romance Samara in the game even if you have choose to mate Morinth your not going be lucky to go to the next stage of the game.

dude, she's like 90000 years old
besides, she's got her priorities straight, unlike shepard, who is shamelessly trying to dick everyone as the fate of the galaxy hangs over his/her head

INCLUDING MONSTERS?

but lets not bullshit
no one who played femshep even thought about fucking the black dude before the frog or the lizard monster
and its not just because you're furries
and you know it

Lazydabear

Your Bear of Crap Wisdom
dude, she's like 90000 years old
besides, she's got her priorities straight, unlike shepard, who is shamelessly trying to dick everyone as the fate of the galaxy hangs over his/her head

INCLUDING MONSTERS?

but lets not bullshit
no one who played femshep even thought about fucking the black dude before the frog or the lizard monster
and you know it

I don't know you tryed Jack before as a Female Shepard?

J

Jelly

I don't know you tryed Jack before as a Female Shepard?

No, because Jack's an asshole and totally unstable.
i didnt even want to take her along
i wanted to blast her retarded ass out an airlock

I was interested to see if the Kelly storyline sucked. And, uh, yep. It sucked.
I friendzoned everyone else on my femshep run.

Lazydabear

Your Bear of Crap Wisdom
No, because Jack's an asshole and totally unstable.
i didnt even want to take her along
i wanted to blast her retarded ass out an airlock

I was interested to see if the Kelly storyline sucked. And, uh, yep. It sucked.
I friendzoned everyone else on my femshep run.

Jack to me she was a Punk rock chick with issues I enjoy her mission and finding out her storyline.

I didn't bother with Kelly for some reason she was like a robot.

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds

Samara's a Justicar. She is loyal to her code and can't break away from it.

Plus we already romanced mega byotch Liara. They've confirmed they will resolve romances in the next game so I am fully expecting your able to choose between fucking your first game romances and your second game ones.

but lets not bullshit
and you know it

Really? Your going to put skin color in here? You have tons of aliens yet you notice the fact the major human romance is a black dude compared to a possibly ethnically diverse Shepard? Remember you can make Shepard African American, Asian or white if you like.

Last edited: