• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Master Chief Vs. Samus.

So who would win in a fight. The Master Chief, or Samus?

• The Big MC would win.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samus would win.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Seratuhl

Cthulhu's Sexual Seraphim
Hmm....I say they're both equally matched. I mean look at it....Fox McCloud lacks the superior strength and technology of Samus and yet he's able to beat her in Super Smash Brothers. So if Fox can do it, so can the Chief...

XD Samus defeated most of her enemies through the use of superior alien technology ,Chozo blood transfusions, and some skill. Master chief, on the other hand, was able to defeat hordes of Covenant and Flood with inferior human tech, some stolen alien weapons, and a lot of skill ( he needed it since the human race was using such inferior weapons ). If Samus were to be brought down to chief's level in terms of normal, human enhancement and weaponry then the chief would win.

( XD Excuse me if I don't make sense....I was so bored that I just spoke out my mind. Right now Batman's ualaeualaeualaeualae-ing is interfering with my ability to think clearly. )

Rhainor

Rawr.
Seratuhl said:
Hmm....I say they're both equally matched. I mean look at it....Fox McCloud lacks the superior strength and technology of Samus and yet he's able to beat her in Super Smash Brothers. So if Fox can do it, so can the Chief...

Except that Smash Bros. is very, *very* non-canon; all the characters are either beefed up or nerfed down to more-or-less match the others.

Seratuhl said:
XD Samus defeated most of her enemies through the use of superior alien technology ,Chozo blood transfusions, and some skill. Master chief, on the other hand, was able to defeat hordes of Covenant and Flood with inferior human tech, some stolen alien weapons, and a lot of skill ( he needed it since the human race was using such inferior weapons ). If Samus were to be brought down to chief's level in terms of normal, human enhancement and weaponry then the chief would win.

I will refer you to my post at the top of the page.

Evangeline

And now with Corruption out, you have the SPOILER X-ray visor and Nova Beam combo, which could kill in one shot, with the fact that her ship can be used for bombing runs now too. Plus hypermode and the abilities within that END SPOILER

I think that Master chief would win. All he would have to do is get into melee range and then he could literally tear her suit to peces with his bare hands. Even with active camo this would still be tough, but the Chief is smart and he would find a way to do it. Lol Also, Chief has allies. Lots and lots of little marines to help him out. he could call in reinforcements which could drop in via drop pods and start hammering away at samus's shields untill her suit was depleted and Chief could move in for the Kill. Overall i think the Chief is way more resourceful and badass than people give him credit for. Samus relies on her suit and nothing else, a definate drawback i would say.

When in doubt call in some marines to act as meatshields. :D

themocaw

Spiritmoon said:
I think that Master chief would win. All he would have to do is get into melee range and then he could literally tear her suit to peces with his bare hands. Even with active camo this would still be tough, but the Chief is smart and he would find a way to do it. Lol Also, Chief has allies. Lots and lots of little marines to help him out. he could call in reinforcements which could drop in via drop pods and start hammering away at samus's shields untill her suit was depleted and Chief could move in for the Kill. Overall i think the Chief is way more resourceful and badass than people give him credit for. Samus relies on her suit and nothing else, a definate drawback i would say.

When in doubt call in some marines to act as meatshields. :D

I dunno. Ms. Aran seemed to do okay without her suit in Metroid Zero Mission, except for the fact that her only remaining weapon (pellet gun) was useless against Space Pirate armor. Still, evading a shipload of space pirates using only her skills and a peashooter has to count for something.

Good point re: calling in for ODST backup on the Master Chief, though. On the other hand: Gunship fire support.

Hell the chief could even call in pelicans for support or maybe even an orbital strike.

Also i must point out that in melee range Samus only has one actual hand to grab with. Sure she could use the gun as a club i suppose but cmon, that would be the first thing the chief would rip off.

themocaw

Spiritmoon said:
Hell the chief could even call in pelicans for support or maybe even an orbital strike.

Also i must point out that in melee range Samus only has one actual hand to grab with. Sure she could use the gun as a club i suppose but cmon, that would be the first thing the chief would rip off.

Hmmm.

Scenario 1

*Master Chief calls in Pelican fire support*

*Samus activates gravity suit, flies up, and shoots down the Pelicans. Or calls her gunship and shoots down the pelicans. Or uses her gunship to up to the orbital guns and shoots them down. Or activates morph ball, ducks into a sewer, and runs like hell out of the blast radius*

Scenario 2

*Master Chief charges in to rip of Samus' gun arm*

*Samus goes into Morph Ball mode and starts spamming bombs. Or activates Gravity Suit and starts firing missiles. Or activates her boost module and clotheslines him at Mach 1. Or yoinks the Master Chief's leg with a grapple beam and flings him into a wall. Or jams the barrel of her gunarm into the Master Chief's visor and fires off a missile. Or freezebeams the Master Chief and blows him up with missiles*

Don't get me wrong, man, the Master Chief is badass, but he doesn't stand much of a chance in a fight against Samus. Then again, if you want to argue that, they'd both wind up dead against Xenogears, so what's the point?

TheGru

themocaw said:
Then again, if you want to argue that, they'd both wind up dead against Xenogears, so what's the point?

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!

Someone else who remembers one of the best PS1 games in existence.

ALSO: The argument of MC vs. Samus is pointless on so many levels.

The point i was trying to make with the whole "ripping her suit up" bit was that he would sneak up on her (somehow, im not saying it would be easy) and at the very least tweak something so it doesnt work right before she could react.

Morph Ball: as far as im concerned , smaller and easier to squish, and if i remember correctly you can only lay a limited number of bombs at a time and not in very quick succession(unless they changed it in the most recent game and you can now "Spam" them).
Calling in Pelicans: its a distraction, while shes busy taking them down, the chief is riddling away at her limited and un rechargeable shields, if hes lucky he lands a couple sticky grenades on her
Lastly: Knowing the Meroid games, Samus would probably have lost all of her friggin equipment in the first place, and her ship would be too damaged to even be of any help! Im mean C'mon! if she's so badass then why cant she EVER keep track of it all?! Thats why i stopped playing them, because i knew it would be the same old scenario just with a few new stupid twists.
heres how those games ALWAYS work
1. start game with no equipment and slowly search for and find it through a series of stupid trials and puzzles
2. uncover some weird alien/pirate plot to destroy/takeover/assimilate the planet she happens to be on
3. get your gear back and start pounding away at baddies untill you reach the leader/boss/big baddie guy
4. get some new super uber powerful weapon that is waaay too overpowered and makes everything too easy
5. totally pwn the final baddie and save the planet
6. something happens and the whole cycle starts over in the enivetable sequel

themocaw

Spiritmoon said:
I hate Metroid. Samus Sucks. Master Chief Forever.
I guess it's your perogative to feel that way. One could say that the Halo games are nothing more than moving from checkpoint to checkpoint using the same three or four weapons over and over, watch a cutscene, lather rinse repeat.

hmmm touche. though i must say one last thing. the storyline in Halo is pretty darn good. It may be a "rinse, lather" scenario but the story makes it worth it for me, whereas Metroid does not.

themocaw

Spiritmoon said:
hmmm touche. though i must say one last thing. the storyline in Halo is pretty darn good. It may be a "rinse, lather" scenario but the story makes it worth it for me, whereas Metroid does not.

Fair's fair. :) We'll all play the games we love and not worry if the guy next to us loves a different game instead.

Evangeline

Spiritmoon said:
The point i was trying to make with the whole "ripping her suit up" bit was that he would sneak up on her (somehow, im not saying it would be easy) and at the very least tweak something so it doesnt work right before she could react.

Morph Ball: as far as im concerned , smaller and easier to squish, and if i remember correctly you can only lay a limited number of bombs at a time and not in very quick succession(unless they changed it in the most recent game and you can now "Spam" them).
Calling in Pelicans: its a distraction, while shes busy taking them down, the chief is riddling away at her limited and un rechargeable shields, if hes lucky he lands a couple sticky grenades on her
Lastly: Knowing the Meroid games, Samus would probably have lost all of her friggin equipment in the first place, and her ship would be too damaged to even be of any help! Im mean C'mon! if she's so badass then why cant she EVER keep track of it all?! Thats why i stopped playing them, because i knew it would be the same old scenario just with a few new stupid twists.
heres how those games ALWAYS work
1. start game with no equipment and slowly search for and find it through a series of stupid trials and puzzles
2. uncover some weird alien/pirate plot to destroy/takeover/assimilate the planet she happens to be on
3. get your gear back and start pounding away at baddies untill you reach the leader/boss/big baddie guy
4. get some new super uber powerful weapon that is waaay too overpowered and makes everything too easy
5. totally pwn the final baddie and save the planet
6. something happens and the whole cycle starts over in the enivetable sequel

Too each their own indeed, but I wanted to take this little post here.

Yes, while most Metroid games do start out with Samus losing a lot of her items or having to collect them, in Corruption, the newest one she didn't lose anything but gained so much more.

The battle between them is a moot point, because there are so many variables within how the battle starts. So to put this on fair grounds and not take away from anyones arsenal.

This fight is between Master Chief and Samus, there's no Covenant/Space Pirate/Federation/USNC Marines to help or hinder each one, and lets say they have all their weapons that each game in their respected series allows them.

And on Hand-To-Hand I think there's no point to that, because in every game so far we have not seen how good Samus is as a fist fighter, she's always had a weapon, either her pistol in Zero Suit, or just her regular beam cannon.

Ziggy-Cabbit

Unfortunately, I must disagree.

MC IS very powerful, but he had to spend three games to take out one alien threat. Samus ends entire species every few games.

well personally I think samus would own MC just cause her storyline set her ability's higher than MC's did
Its like comparing Anime ninjas to RL martial art experts; both are the top of their perspective worlds but ninja own RL martial artists because theyre set apart by fiction

and comparing the games in gameplay value
Metroid- better 1 player cause of puzzle type gameplay and less repetition and point and shoot on the wii
Halo- better multiplayer (it has one)

I don't like this debate because the only reason why Master Chief would win a fight is because of the fanbase.

If anyone has ever played Metroid they would know that Samus has a ridiculous amount of health and weapons, while a pat on the back with a butt of a rifle kills Master Chief. There's nothing special about him.

Samus vs. Master Chief with a bunch of UNSC soldiers won't help either. Pats on the back kill them too, so why wouldn't a Powerbomb vaporize them? God dammit I hate this debate because it's too one-sided.

Arbiter

Totally Gay For Bridget!!
Master Chief would win easily. if he could fight off an entire alien race, destory an evil parasite, and kill an evil robot, then Spartan 117 would win

Comrade Newski

Frankly, Samus has a vaste amount of abilities, beyond that of Master Chief, who is simply an above average human with a few big guns. Samus has such a wider array of weaponry and techniques that give her a real tactical advantage....