• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Mecha~

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
As some may have glimpsed from some of my posts I have a passion a focus of what I enjoy entertainment wise and that is mecha.
I love giant robots, and More particularly Real Robot genre like gundam, full metal panic, code geas... I also dont have anything against super robot genre they just arent quite in my focus but I will mess with them in modeling and as a deviation from my normal viewing pleasures.

Anyways I felt like making a post about mecha and wish to just discuss such from movies live action shows anime to model kits manga art like lets dish ^~^

Yakamaru

Shai'Hulud Whisperer. Or a sand hobo
Full Metal Panic?
Gode Geass?
Gundam?

Sign me right the fuck up right now!

Add Macross too and we're golden!

Lucyfur

Banned
Full Metal Panic?
Gode Geass?
Gundam?

Sign me right the fuck up right now!

Add Macross too and we're golden!
Of course~ And I welcome all mecha too like Warhammer 40k titans and tau machines.
Also let's not forget what other furry may find more their niche, and I enjoy as well and am likely going to get a couple kotobukiya kits of, Zoids ^~^

D

Deleted member 134556

I love the old animes where the giant robots transform or draw their sword and you hear that classic shine sound effect. It’s super nostalgic for me

Lucyfur

Banned
I love the old animes where the giant robots transform or draw their sword and you hear that classic shine sound effect. It’s super nostalgic for me

So you mean more towards the Super Robot Genre then like The Great Mazinger?

The_biscuits_532

Tiny Demon Catto
Oooo also Bionicle

Bionicle was so fucking good

Lego pls I need a proper reboot none of that G2 crap
375px-CGI_Great_Spirit_Rising.jpg

Lucyfur

Banned
Iron giant? “Superman!”

The_biscuits_532

Tiny Demon Catto
Iron giant? “Superman!”
In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying we, the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the Great Spirit blessed us with the three virtues: unity, duty, and destiny. We embraced these gifts and, in gratitude, we named our island home Mata Nui, after the Great Spirit himself.

But our happiness was not to last. Mata Nui's brother, Makuta, was jealous of these honors and betrayed him. Makuta cast a spell over Mata Nui, who fell into a deep slumber. Makuta's power dominated the land, as fields withered away, sunlight grew cold, and ancient values were forgotten.

Still, all hope was not lost. Legends told of six mighty heroes, the Toa, who would arrive to save Mata Nui. Time would reveal that these were not simply myths - for the Toa did appear on the shores of the island. They arrive with no memory, no knowledge of one another - but they pledged to defend Mata Nui and its people against the darkness. Tahu, Toa of Fire. Onua, Toa of Earth. Gali, Toa of Water. Lewa, Toa of Air. Pohatu, Toa of Stone. And Kopaka, Toa of Ice. Great warriors with great power, drawn from the very elements themselves. Together, they were six heroes with one destiny: to defeat Makuta and save Mata Nui.

This is their story.

Lucyfur

Banned
In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying we, the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the Great Spirit blessed us with the three virtues: unity, duty, and destiny. We embraced these gifts and, in gratitude, we named our island home Mata Nui, after the Great Spirit himself.

But our happiness was not to last. Mata Nui's brother, Makuta, was jealous of these honors and betrayed him. Makuta cast a spell over Mata Nui, who fell into a deep slumber. Makuta's power dominated the land, as fields withered away, sunlight grew cold, and ancient values were forgotten.

Still, all hope was not lost. Legends told of six mighty heroes, the Toa, who would arrive to save Mata Nui. Time would reveal that these were not simply myths - for the Toa did appear on the shores of the island. They arrive with no memory, no knowledge of one another - but they pledged to defend Mata Nui and its people against the darkness. Tahu, Toa of Fire. Onua, Toa of Earth. Gali, Toa of Water. Lewa, Toa of Air. Pohatu, Toa of Stone. And Kopaka, Toa of Ice. Great warriors with great power, drawn from the very elements themselves. Together, they were six heroes with one destiny: to defeat Makuta and save Mata Nui.

This is their story.
I remember my friend was a fiend who kept trying to collect the gold masks. I was left out on bionicles DX mowing lawns as a kid and working jobs in high school only afforded me so much lol

Yakamaru

Speaking of mecha..

Where the hell is Puggles? She loves geeking over Transformers! @Floofy Puggles where ya at??

Oh right. Can just go an annoy her over Discord.. :>

Yakamaru

Dare to be stupid!
Ooooooooo. Weird Al have a lot of good songs for sure!

Personally my favourite is The Touch by Stan Bush. Dare comes after as a close second. And of course, Dare to be Stupid a close third.

Attaman

"I say we forget this business and run."
Might I use this opportunity to plug Lancer.... I'm going to use this opportunity to plug Lancer.

Because seriously: Even if you have no interest in the tabletop RPG aspect (which is entirely understandable if somebody does or doesn't), just google "Lancer Robot Design" for some lovely mechs and mecha. Also the lore may be up LucyFur and a few other users' alleys in particular. It also, conveniently, is a handy tool for finding artists who will take commissions for mech / mecha art, since a lot of the artists used for the books are freelancers.

The_biscuits_532

Tiny Demon Catto
Ooooooooo. Weird Al have a lot of good songs for sure!

Personally my favourite is The Touch by Stan Bush. Dare comes after as a close second. And of course, Dare to be Stupid a close third.
As for the OST, I'd say Unicron's theme. It's fuckin iconic

I still can't get over how good Orson Welles is in it despite being on his deathbed and not giving a shit

The_biscuits_532

Tiny Demon Catto
Might I use this opportunity to plug Lancer.... I'm going to use this opportunity to plug Lancer.

Because seriously: Even if you have no interest in the tabletop RPG aspect (which is entirely understandable if somebody does or doesn't), just google "Lancer Robot Design" for some lovely mechs and mecha. Also the lore may be up LucyFur and a few other users' alleys in particular. It also, conveniently, is a handy tool for finding artists who will take commissions for mech / mecha art, since a lot of the artists used for the books are freelancers.
Ngl I feel sorry for Mecha artists it looks like hell to draw in any kind of detail.

I've been reading IDW's Beast Wars comic and they've opted for a more cartoon-ish look and I really don't blame them
FB_IMG_1612433989199.jpg

TemetNosce88

Prepare for the collapse
Hey guise, what's going on in this thread?

TemetNosce88

Prepare for the collapse
Aren't the mechas in Evangelion more like giant meat puppets?

I need to watch it

All I know so far is from JobbyTheHong reviews of the merch
Sort of.

What do the Evangelions and soylent green have in common?
They're both people.

I personally love the show, but it definitely has a polarizing effect on people. You'll either love it or loathe it.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.

Before this, I felt I was the only one who had heard of Lancer. The backstory is really rich and well-thought out, along with post-cataclysm setting.

I'm also a Battletech fan, too, especially of the novels. I think had most of the novels since I used to read and collect them in high school because there was a bookstore nearby that sold them for a dollar each, but I sold most of them before going to college.

Also, I'd recommend the anime Aldnoah.Zero and the Rooster Teeth series Gen:Lock to anyone looking for a unique takes on the genre.

Lucyfur

Banned
Hey guise, what's going on in this thread?

Hey yknow what I still say it counts as mecha because I love it and~
374CEED1-AD21-4895-B606-07A2CC28FD03.jpeg

I love the RG kits they’re great!