• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Mecha~

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
Might I use this opportunity to plug Lancer.... I'm going to use this opportunity to plug Lancer.

Because seriously: Even if you have no interest in the tabletop RPG aspect (which is entirely understandable if somebody does or doesn't), just google "Lancer Robot Design" for some lovely mechs and mecha. Also the lore may be up LucyFur and a few other users' alleys in particular. It also, conveniently, is a handy tool for finding artists who will take commissions for mech / mecha art, since a lot of the artists used for the books are freelancers.
*takes note* will definitely have to check this out and maybe slide it into my hobbyist ways ^~^

n1ghtmar3w0lf

Oooo also Bionicle

Bionicle was so fucking good

Lego pls I need a proper reboot none of that G2 crapView attachment 104945
g1 bionicle damn that was a good line, the toys were fun but the lore is just so deep you cant leave, not like you'd want to, also i remember a couple old mecha movies like robot wars and robot jox both very interesting mecha movies i think they were like 80s 90s

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Why do I feel that this topic was made because of the new EVA movie that just recently came out?

The_biscuits_532

Tiny Demon Catto

Just got back to Uni today, posted my Beast Wars collection

Didn't do any photos of my other Transformers figures, or the four Bionicle figures I have here, because they aren't really furry related. Except maybe Roodaka.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Why don't people watch/talk about anything beyond Gundam, Eva, Code Geass, Transformers, FMP, E7, TTGL or Big O?

Last edited:

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Why don't people watch/talk about anything beyond Gundam, Eva, Code Geass, Transformers, FMP, E7 or Big O?
I dunno about the others, but I've just not been watching as much anime lately and consequently have only been watching like, one or two shows a season. The last new mecha anime I gave a try was Granbelm and it was pretty bad. Boring and didn't explain anything.

As far as older stuff goes, Bokurano has been on my to-do list for a while, just haven't gotten around to it. Mecha seems like it was super popular during the pre-90s era which at least for me is admittedly harder to get into and watch now. I have a friend who's been insisting I check out Planet With as far as newish stuff goes.

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
Banned
Why do I feel that this topic was made because of the new EVA movie that just recently came out?
I actually made the thread because I enjoy mecha ever since I was a wee lass racing home from the bus to grab myself an appy juice and pop on toonami in time to see Gundam Wing.

Why don't people watch/talk about anything beyond Gundam, Eva, Code Geass, Transformers, FMP, E7, TTGL or Big O?
Lol that is a rather long list tbh XD I mean we have mentioned other series in the thread too like Macross or Mazinger

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Evangelion is my heart

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I'm always down for new mecha anime, if you've got suggestions.

Some of the more unique series I've seen are Strain, Valvrave the Liberator, Aldnoah.Zero, Agrevollen, Voices of a Distant Star, and Patlabor.

Also, Macross, though I didn't like Delta as much as Frontier.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Two other series I forgot to mention are Active Raid, which was one of the few non-dubbed anime that actually made me laugh regularly, and Captain Earth, which was still compelling for a parody series.

Another series I really wound up liking despite being initially dubious about it was Gen:Lock. It was the rare animated series my girlfriend, our roommate, and I could agree on liking and binge-watched straight through.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
I'm always down for new mecha anime, if you've got suggestions.

Some of the more unique series I've seen are Strain, Valvrave the Liberator, Aldnoah.Zero, Agrevollen, Voices of a Distant Star, and Patlabor.

Also, Macross, though I didn't like Delta as much as Frontier.
You seem to be into military stuff, So Dougram and Votoms? (I didn't like Delta either.)
Mecha seems like it was super popular during the pre-90s era which at least for me is admittedly harder to get into and watch now.
This is wrong because shows like Wataru 2 and Chou Wataru, SD Gundam, Patlabor, EVA, Giant Robo and Shin (change) Getter Robo were really popular in the 90's.
I actually made the thread because I enjoy mecha ever since I was a wee lass racing home from the bus to grab myself an appy juice and pop on toonami in time to see Gundam Wing.

Lol that is a rather long list tbh XD I mean we have mentioned other series in the thread too like Macross or Mazinger
That's fine. But I feel like Toonami kids are missing some -really- good shows like Gorg, Ganbaruger and the 2004 remake of Tetsujin 28-go.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Why is the OP of this topic banned?

MarkOfBane

WITNESS ME!

unknown.jpg

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
There were arguments had regarding sensitive subjects. I will not repeat thw discussions but both parties were banned
Oh well that's a downer. Back onto topic, Here's Ganbaruger.