• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Medieval - Pre WW2 History Thread

Hir

my name is lucifer, pleased to meet you.
maybe this will spring the staff to actually... you know, do something...

Hir

Now, as the story goes. He once said "i'll kill you" in anger then, after months of ridicule and forced isolation
ohhhhh no no no no. is that really what he's teling you? this was sustained for a very long time, sometimes daily during that time. i have receipts - it's police evidence. the murder suicide was his plan from the very first threat - indeed, that was his very first threat. he just kept repeating it with various levels of grandeur. this went on for a year and a half.

where is this 'ridicule' by the way? i wasn't here for a start - and i did everything i could to stay away from him. i wanted nothing to do with him. this ridicule was entirely in his head. that isn't me insulting him by the way, he was mentally ill, so i can't blame him for feeling like he was being ridiculed but i certainly didn't deserve to be at the tail end of his death threats.

as for his £3k... that would be separate from the court ruling. i didn't pursue anything after that, i just wanted to get on with my life. he certainly didn't get that £3k from me or anybody else involved in his crimes but i'm frankly not interested. i hope he used it on something useful to him. do i think he's profoundly mentally ill? sure. do i think me, or anyone else in this is the cause of that? fuck no. and this constant emboldening him is not helping him move on.

again, i find it interesting that you're accepting stories about me from someone who wanted me dead for a year plus as opposed to from me directly. all i ever did was want max to leave me alone.

edit: oh and i remember you now too... i can occasionally be defensive about my music and you caught me on a bad day. apologies. i don't generally expect a huge wall of text review in a telegram metal chat so i was just a bit confused by it - caught me out of leftfield. i ended up leaving that chat because i didn't really get on with a few members there, so i thought you looked a bit familiar but i couldn't place it. plus i've been prepping the new album which has kept me very busy.

Last edited:

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
He later turned on Kimber after months of ridicule (notice he said Kyr was a problem to be ignored and mocked so that fits). A rather grave consequence to your actions there.
Just for the record. I didn't ridicule him until he started evading the block I put on him, which is right when he started going on incessantly about killing Hir and started blabbering about 'teaching me a lesson.' I tried to distance myself, and he tried to attack me for it. I don't let people bully me into submission, for better or worse. So, I pushed back, because it made me feel much less like a victim. Hir addressed the rest quite well. I would like to politely suggest before you cast judgment and make comments about a situation this severe, that you consider getting all sides of the story. It would be preferable that any further questions be taken to dms, though. If required, I can answer any questions about the situation there.

The thread has been derailed quite a bit already. Not blaming anybody in particular, just saying.

Last edited:

DieselPowered

@Hir
As he told it he was done with you from the beginning too, he made himself homeless to get away from you. Partially because he wanted nothing more to do with you and partially because he was getting thoughts about attacking you and didn't actually want to. So no, the murder suicide wasn't the plan from the start and i'll take his word for that. He owned his shit, both to me and to the courts by pleading guilty from the start of their involvement. Even admitted to being an asshole for what he'd done but it seems he stopped caring about that a while ago. Feeling less like a victim was actually the reason he gave for some of his actions too, so there you go.
As the story goes he wanted to leave you behind and focus on the people he'd met away from you but you ended up working your supposed magic on them, so he simply couldn't. As for the ridicule, only you know what went on behind closed doors. I'm also sure anyone would try to posit a reasonable explanation when it comes to claims of protecting animal abusers so i won't be fully trusting that, i'm sure you can understand.

Now, i know this started because my drunken stream of conciousness led me to "shit, OP contributed to a suicide attempt" (and it's telling that the suicide aspect has been, until recently, absent from your claims), but i'm going to tell you what i told the other guy. If you want this buried don't drag it out, simple. Get on with your day, i won't be responding to this any further.

Back to the point of the thread, eh.

KimberVaile

How strange that they never reached out to get Hir's or my side of the story, almost like this whole farce was just a justification to spew bile at people they don't like! Anyways, I think we've had enough of somebody simping for an attempted murderer and refusing to apologize for the mess they caused.

Last edited:

pilgrimfromoblivion

UOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! :sob:
Here's a pretty interesting tidbit about inns. Apparently they were rather uncommon during the middle ages!

135.png

That thumbnail though. "Medieval Inns were not Taverns, and were quite uncommon."

DieselPowered

Yes, I think we've had enough of somebody simping for an attempted murder and refusing to apologize for the mess they caused.
If pointing out that this guy isn't comparable to jeffrey dahmer in any reasonable way is simping then guilty as charged, learn to take responsibility for your own actions and maybe similar things won't happen to you in the future.

Now, here's one of many gems from the Rogues Gallery.

KimberVaile

If pointing out that this guy isn't comparable to jeffrey dahmer in any reasonable way is simping then guilty as charged, learn to take responsibility for your own actions and maybe similar things won't happen to you in the future.

Now, here's one of many gems from the Rogues Gallery.
Oh, so much for you being done here, huh? Take your own advice. You peddled lies and accusations at me while only having one side of the story and put it somewhere where it didn't belong. You sure you weren't one of OJ's lawyers?

DieselPowered

Oh, so much for you being done here, huh? Take your own advice. You peddled lies and accusations at me while only having one side of the story and put it somewhere where it didn't belong. You sure you weren't one of OJ's lawyers?
as i said, if you want it buried don't drag it out. Learn. ;)

And yes, OJ was a tough case. Surprised i pulled that one off!

KimberVaile

as i said, if you want it buried don't drag it out. Learn. ;)

And yes, OJ was a tough case. Surprised i pulled that one off!
Oh I see now, one of those people that need to get the last word in. So it's an ego thing!
You've very important Diesel, you're a big boy with a big smart brain with all kinds of big thinky thoughts.
Feel better?

DieselPowered

Oh I see now, one of those people that need to get the last word in. So it's an ego thing!
You've very important Diesel, you're a big boy with a big smart brain with all kinds of big thinky thoughts.
Feel better?
Very, i'm glad you've recognised that.

Now if you really want to tell your side of the story my DMS are open, if not at the very least stop shitting up your own thread.

Hir

there are several points there that are so contradictory i'm astounded you don't see it yourself. or perhaps you do - but it's evident that you're taking what i say at bad faith. you say he fled to get away from me but the whole reason he flipped was because i cut him off - so which is it? and again - i have receipts that he is not telling you the truth about the threats.

as for people he met 'away from me', that isn't true either - he always came back to the same communities or people who were connected very closely to those communities. people who knew what happened. they would then reach out to me or people who knew me to ask the truth of the matter, and i told them. you have to understand this was during a time i was still receiving death threats sometimes daily - so i was simply honest about that. naturally, these people didn't want him in his community. i sure as hell didn't go around following him to people who had zero connection to me. i even found him in my own servers a few times, making alts etc. i'm now detaching this assessment from emotion - it clearly shows mental illness, inability to move on. but being frank his mental illness wasn't my responsibility in the same way my trauma, anxiety, depression etc. from these circumstances wasn't his or anyone else's around me.

consider how easy it would have been to go into one of the many thousands of servers away from me... would have been a cinch. why do you think he chose the ones directly linked to my friends and myself? perhaps he was paranoid about what i was saying about him behind his back - again you could put two and two together. but that isn't the picture he's painting with this explanation to you. if he was just honest and said that, i'd be more understanding of his explanations he's giving you. for the record, as well, i didn't discuss him publicly in forums if i could get away with it except for a few times where he discussed me and i needed to set the record straight.

what you consider 'reasonable explanations' aren't reasonable in a way that exonerates his behaviour. yes, perhaps to some sense of logic it may explain it - but it doesn't point any blame in the opposite field. i did absolutely nothing. i stand by it.

but at this point, fine. i've resolved to try and move on with my life and i will do so, and arguing with a stranger on the internet isn't doing me any favours. if you were interested in hearing my side of it, you'd have PM'd me already, and yet you haven't. i was his best irl friend for... man, i actually lost track of years. had to be 2013 to 2019 i think? i knew him exceptionally well. i may have used hyperbole in my language in this thread before but i know more about his past behaviour than you do and what he's done to other people, not just me and kim. he is genuinely dangerous. please watch your back.

consider this the line in the sand, but i would earnestly appreciate this not being brought up in the future. i'm tired of the subject, i'm done with it and frankly he should be too. everybody involved in this is. if he genuinely wishes to move on he should leave this place behind. it has been a negative influence on him now for years.

Nexus Cabler

Draconic technophile
Englishlongbow.jpg

Medieval English longbows could fire an arrow more than 300 yards and required so much strength that the skeletons of medieval archers can be identified by their enlarged left arms.

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
Been doing a Mughal campaign in Europa Universalis recently, and been reading on them on the side. Pretty interesting guys

- Founded by Afghan Warlord Zahid-ud-Din Muhammad Babur Gurkani in 1526. He was the Paternal Great x2 Grandson of Tamerlane (Uzbek Warlord, founder of the Timurid Empire), and the Maternal Great x12 Grandson of Genghis Khan (As most of you'll know - Mongol Warlord, founder of the Mongol Empire)
- Babur actually lost all his titles in 1501. He went on to conquer Kabul (Capital of modern Afghanistan) three years later though, and allied with the Ottomans and Safavid Persians to invade the Delhi Sultanate (under the Lodi Dynasty at the time), after which he declared the new Empire
- The Rajputs under Rana Sanga invaded the new empire in the following year, with a 2:1 numeric advantage, only to get his ass handed to him at Khanwa. The Mughal capital was moved from Kabul to Agra (near Delhi, location of the Taj Mahal) afterwards.

- Babur's son - Humayan, was deposed for a while by one of his generals, Sher Shah Suri, and his son, Islam, between 1538 and 1555, as they established the Sur Empire in it's place. Humayan's exile in Safavid Persia actually helped strengthen diplomatic ties, and Persian influence within the empire when he restored it.

- His son, Emperor Akbar, reformed the legal and economic systems in order to reduce reliance on loot from conquests. That being said though, Akbar had everything north of Deccan under his posession by the end of his reign. Akbar strengthened relations with European colonists, and attempted to diefy himself in order to unify the disparate religious groups within the empire.

- His son, Jahangir, was a total crackhead with opiate issues, and revoked his father's religious reforms, leading to opposition from the Sikh community.

- His son, Shah Jahan, built the Taj Mahal to honour his favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal - mother of future Emperor Aurangazeb. He also went on to conquer Deccan.

- His eldest, Dara Shikoh, became regent due to his father's illnesss, and attempted to mend relations between Muslims and Hindus, but was promptly deposed by Aurangazeb, who had support of the more fundamentalist muslim authorities.
- Aurangazeb executed his brother, and kept his brother imprisoned until his death. He went on to transform the empire into the most powerful economy on the planet, and attempted to convert citizens to Islam
- Aurangazeb's empire consisted of most of the subcontinent by the time of his death, but most of it was in open revolt due to his religious reforms. Whilst he is considered controversial as a result, it should be noted he personally employed more Hindus than any of his predecessors, and opposed bigotry against the Hindus and Shiite Muslims.

- The Emperors that followed Aurangazeb had to deal with constant interfighting, the rise of local Empires, like the Marathas.
- By the rule of Shah Alam II (1759-1806), the empire was in steep decline, and effectively a puppet state of Afghanistan
- Their protection transferred to the British East India Company, following the Second Anglo-Maratha War in 1805.
- The British continuously annexed territory until Emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar rebelled in 1857, and was defeated and exiled to British Burma until his death.

- Twenty Years later, Queen Victoria of Great Britain took on the title Empress of India, formally ending the Mughal Empire. British monarchs held this title until 1947, when George VI dissolved it, becoming King of India instead until it's independence in 1950.

yes I looked all this up again whilst typing it, I only remembered the outline lol

Last edited:

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I've got to assume this is another passive-aggressive post about me since nobody even mentioned the 1930s except me; but last time I checked WW2 started in 1939 and everything I've mentioned happened prior to that, which means it's literally and objectively pre-WW2

Just how bothered were you by the points I made that you feel the need to derail the thread with irrelevant memes?

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I've got to assume this is another passive-aggressive post about me since nobody even mentioned the 1930s except me; but last time I checked WW2 started in 1939 and everything I've mentioned happened prior to that, which means it's literally and objectively pre-WW2

Just how bothered were you by the points I made that you feel the need to derail the thread with irrelevant memes?
Pretty sure this was posted in response to the drama that kept bumping the thread.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Here's more pretty medieval music, ironically I've contributed more medieval/renaissance material to this thread than the person who insists that I'm talking about WW2 (who's by the way the only person here talking about WW2)
Pilgrim song, enjoy

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Pretty sure this was posted in response to the drama that kept bumping the thread.
None of it talks about WW2 at all tho. If it's about the drama, then it's utterly off-topic bullshit; if it's about my post, then it's just regular bullshit

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline

Random note: I remember reading a while ago that the start date is taught differently in different nations

In Asia and the Pacific - either 19/9/1931 or 7/7/1937, the date Japan invaded Manchuria and the date of the Marco Polo Bridge incident respectively.

According to A J P Taylor - 11/12/1941. In his opinion, both the Second Sino-Japanese War and the German Conquests occurred in parallel until then, with America's entry post-Pearl Harbour into both tying them together as one war.

According to Antony Beevor - 11/5/1939, with the Japanese invasion of Soviet-backed Mongolia and the Battle of Khalkhin Gol

In Spain - 17/7/1936, the start of the Civil War, which had backing from both major factions in the coming World War.

In Africa - 3/10/1935, when Italy invaded Abyssinia/ Ethiopia.

(again yes I had to look this up again for certainty)

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Random note: I remember reading a while ago that the start date is taught differently in different nations

In Asia and the Pacific - either 19/9/1931 or 7/7/1937, the date Japan invaded Manchuria and the date of the Marco Polo Bridge incident respectively.

According to A J P Taylor - 11/12/1941. In his opinion, both the Second Sino-Japanese War and the German Conquests occurred in parallel until then, with America's entry post-Pearl Harbour into both tying them together as one war.

According to Antony Beevor - 11/5/1939, with the Japanese invasion of Soviet-backed Mongolia and the Battle of Khalkhin Gol

In Spain - 17/7/1936, the start of the Civil War, which had backing from both major factions in the coming World War.

In Africa - 3/10/1935, when Italy invaded Abyssinia/ Ethiopia.

(again yes I had to look this up again for certainty)
There are also historians who argue that both world wars should count as one big 30 years war with times of relative calm in between, like the other 30 years war. So... yeah