• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Mega Man X-Tinction (Anthro Megaman RP)

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
Synopsis:
The story in this RP is canon. ...from a certain point of view. ...Okay, basically this is just an RP that flips the whole plot behind Megaman X and Zero on its head. It kind of stems from my extreme disdain towards these two franchises. I loved the original Megaman games. Megaman was likeable, he wasn't overly edgy, he got cool gadgets and pets, and he fought other robot men. Frankly, it felt harmless. ...And then Mega Man X came, and it turned into what felt like an edgy, anti-nature story that I felt so uncomfortable in to the point where it wasn't fun for me. Mega Man was edgy, had no cool pets, and worst of all: most of his enemies were animals. Throughout the franchise, I got the feeling that only humans could be good. Only humans were important.

...I hated this setting so much that it kept me from fully enjoying what, at its core, was still the same game with well composed music and unique levels. I didn't want to slay elephants and ostriches as a robot human, and now adays with most animals EXCEPT humans being threatened or endangered, my disdain for killing animals as a humanoid has grown. This, actually, isn't the first time I've made an RP in this vein, though they usually get started for a while and die off. I don't expect this to be any different, but I hope it goes well.

Plot:
Today is the year 56XX. Mankind has gone through turmoil and war, but has fully recovered from everything that has happened. Water and food were plentiful for humans, colonies thrived, and life and the planet itself may never be any more... lifeless.

It all started many years ago. Evil reared its ugly head, and a new hero arose to combat this evil who set its sites on world domination. Many times has this hero defeated this threat, and through his efforts he had become a true hero to the planet. But when the evil finally subsided, the hero was put in stasis for the next wave of evil. ...And this was where it got complicated. New villains arose, labeled as Mavericks by humans. These creatures were deemed dangerous and a threat to human kind. ...But this, however, was started through the mind of a powerful evil. Many of these "Mavericks" were in fact evil, but some were not. In fact, others were hidden defenders of the earth. They existed to protect the planet from harm: which the new true evil hated. These robots wished to protect all life, but the evil mind deemed all non-human life as worthless and a waste of space. And that is how Mavericks came to be classified: any Reploid in the shape of any creature other than a human was classified as a Maverick. Anyone who fought along side these Reploids was, also, a Maverick.

The long-time hero cared not about the truth. He had become corrupt into believe the lies told to him. One by one, innocent reploids who tried to defend the earth were destroyed as the hero alongside his closest friend, a swordsman created by the same great evil the hero fought millenia before who helped in keeping him corrupted. Many years later, a great appocalypse finally ensued that wiped out most life on Earth. ...But the hero survived, as did his friend. It was years later that the war began again. Humans tried to reclaim the Earth, while the defenders (as well as the true Mavericks) tried to fight back.

...But the ancient hero was starting to see the truth. He realized that some of the reploids he had slain had only wished to protect the Earth, and so he joined a rebellion against his best friend. ...Throwing away the lies he was told into a holographic device, he went to combat his old friend. ...But failed. His old data had been retrieved and stuffed in a holographic image where he resumed his battle to wipe out non-human life, but as a hologram he could do little, so he acted through his friend.

Fastforward to today, and now humans have controlled 98% of the Earth, including the oceans. Most non-humans had gone extinct: many wildlife was hunted to extinction, pets were neutered to points they couldn't recover from, and with new research: even meat animals were obsolete. Humans had little value for forests that provided oxygen, as they had found new ways to produce it. This left only a few forests left, and brave reploids who wished to combat the greedy human race in protecting the planet's last few wildlife sanctuaries from disappearing.

...And these sanctuaries were more important than they appeared. The human inventions have caused the planet to heat up to serious temperatures. There was no snow anymore, and some areas near the equator got so hot they were unlivable. Through their expansionism, humans were spelling their own doom, and only the Defenders understood why. They knew that humans had gone too far, yet it wasn't all their fault: they had just been corrupted by the Swordsman and the ideals passed down onto him. They knew, one day, humans, reploids and other life could live in peace once more.

Rules:
You are a member of the Defenders and, yes, the main villain is actually Zero. As for the "Old evil" that supposedly created Zero, in Mega Man 2 Power Fighters, if you beat the game with Bass, Wily goes onto this plan for a new creation that would surpass Bass. This new creation, believe it or not, was Zero. ...I don't know how canon that ending is, but I thought it was interesting to bring up.

I'd really prefer animal-based reploids, though there are two types: Defenders who try to restrain their powers and act on what they think is right, and the Mavericks who are relentless and carefree killers. Now, the Defenders aren't perfect, as they still may have great bias against humans, but they are generally more tame than Mavericks. I'm trying to flesh out my own character: I'm thinking about a tanky Wombat reploid for this one.

Also, I do NOT have a discord server, and I am not willing to make one or do an RP on Discord or other chat sites due to my low bandwidth. Please understand.

Baalf

I'm leaving this open for other people to join if they wish. If I can't get any, we'll start.

The idea for my character I have is a small yet hefty Wombat mech who uses electric bolos in an attempt to disable opponents, but has a large swinging ball he uses as a melee weapon. And if all else fails, his fists and claws are his weapon. Thinking of the name "Bolo Batwom," keeping with an Australlian theme but using a more underrated Australlian weapon instead of a boomerang (which, in reality, is a toy, not a weapon).

S

Steelite

I'd bring in an axe (one-handed) and a battle-axe (two-handed).

Baalf

OOC: Yeah, I was going to start it today.

Today was a normal day for the defenders, which was to say a struggle of life and death. Two brave defenders were leading a small batallion of other defenders against a large group of humanoid robots. One was a somewhat bulky wombat-robot weilding swinging flails that were twirling violently. He swung them and managed to knock away three of them. "Ugh, again with the humans wanting to drain every last bit of energy from this planet. Can't just let nature have a few areas to itself," the Wombat said. "Steelite Minotaur, how are you holding up?"

S

Steelite

Steel (short for Steelite) can be seen swinging an axe into the thin air. Every time he does so, he looks like he "conks" into the air at his side, causing a wave of infrasound and ultrasound to fire out and pierces through targets in a row (sounding like a small thunder roars from a distance). He's managed to take down about 5 from afar to keep them from getting near the team.

- So far so good. How's it in your end ?

Steel is probably the least advanced/upgraded of the whole defenders (because he wants to be "at the best of [his] core", without upgrades), to the point it can be hard to tell if he's actually a reploid or not. All he has is a set of golden plate armor covering his hands, chest, abdomen, waist, tail, and thighs ; his hooves have been modified into avian talons. Other than that, he barely has any enhancments or upgrades built into him.

Baalf

Bolo Batwom wasn't much more advanced. His bolos were fairly strong and surged with electricity that was specialized in immobilizing targets. In addition, he was fairly strong, and had claws on his fingers. Outside that, there wasn't much special about him, and he was quite slow and bulky.

"Scrubs aren't a problem for me," Bolo Batwom said after punching another robot. "It's the Maverick Hunters I'm worried about. Anyone who defends nature is considered an enemy of the human race, and enemies of humans are considered Mavericks, so reploids like us are treated as villains as well as the real mavericks!"

S

Steelite

Steel brandishes his axe, this time launching outward a retractable blade towards a small group of robots, as the blade explodes upon impact like a standard grenade, clearing them out in one shot.

- Hunters scum-bags...

He cracks his knuckles, then adjusts his glasses.

- Driving us to near extinction just to claim our living habitats... then waging wars against one another to reclaim the lands.

He tightens the grip on his axe, his eyes carefully scanning the area in his sight, getting ready for anything that may show up... or, even worse, possibly a Maverick Hunter.

- Hey, just askin'... if any of those Hunters show up, do you think we can survive the onslaught ?

Baalf

"I think I can take them," Bolo Batwom replied. "Just as long as it's not..."

Before he could even say his name, a robot appeared in the fray. It was none other than the self-procclaimed hero himself: Zero.

"Ah, so you have arrived, Zero. Abert's crowning achievement, and his only successful attempt at taking over the world," Bolo Batwom said.

"Save those empty words, Maverick scum," Zero stated.

"Maverick scum?" Bolo questioned. "Because we don't look like you? Because we care of other creatures besides a several billion plus species of mostly narcissists, so it's become? You can label all the creatures you want as enemies of the human race, but it doesn't make us villains."

Zero shook his head at Bolo's comments.

"Your kind exists to destroy the human race," he said. "It's always been that way. Ever since Sigma arrived, Earth has been hell. Humans have died left and right, yet those stupid animals have been protected by Sigma's forces. They existed only to kill humans, and not destroy anything else."

"And you are no worse than they are," Bolo mentioned. "We are not Mavericks. We are not here to kill humans. We wish to protect the few spots of environment left, for when they all get destroyed, the Earth's oxygen supply will deplete, and everything will die."

Zero paused for a moment. He was thinking about what Bolo said.

OOC: Non-Cannon Star Wars reference #1:
"Your thoughts betray you, Zero," Bolo Batwom said. "I see the good in you. ...The conflict."

"...There is... no conflict," Zero responded.

Last edited:
S

Steelite

Steel growls, tightening his grip over his axe.

- Look at what you humans always do, Zero. Ever since you humans came, OUR lives have been hell. We "stupid animals" have died left and right, not protected. And while taking our habitats away from us to build all your metropolis, you also wage wars with other humans. We animals are only caught in the crossfire.

He lets out a huff.

- I don't care what that Sigma of yours does, but if his "protection" makes us targets of you and your Hunters, you best give him a visit first.

Baalf

"...Sigma's gone for good," Zero said. "And good riddance. After the carnage of my creator, humans were making a comeback, and then that sissy animal-lover tried to ruin things."

"Uhhh, Sigma didn't care about animals," Batwom said.

"Hmph! Then why did he have a dog?" Zero asked.

"X had one too when he was Megaman," Batwom added.

"...Worthless piece of scrap metal," Zero said. "That's why X destroyed him. ...And Beat... and Tango too. They were animals, and they cannot..."

"Can I stop you for a moment?" Batwom asked. "I feel we're driving this whole "humans are narcisists who only care about themselves" motif down to the ground. I'm not really believing this. Perhaps we could tone it down a bit?"

"Just shut up and die, you stupid animal!" Zero shouted before charging at Bolo Batwom.

Bolo threw one of his weapons at Zero to try and restrain him. It worked, and his bolos wrapped around Zero, temporarily stopping him. ...But it wouldn't last long.

"Steele, should we run or attack?" Bolo asked. "Attacking's riskier than you may think."

S

Steelite

Steel grunts at Zero and feels the need to retort :

- Try this on for size !

He then cleaves his axe right at Zero's face with all his strength (and anger), at the same time unleashing a large wave of infrasound and ultrasound at point-blank range, hoping to damage Zero enough, before stepping backwards, calling out to his squad.

- We're gettin' the f@#$ outta here ! Quick !

He then tenses himself with his axe readied, preparing to hold back the Maverick Hunter until his squad is back to safety.

Baalf

Zero was ready to get hit by Steel's axe, and got sent backward. This, however, did not destroy him, and even released him from his restraints. "Stupid Minotaur. You remind me of a fatter, less timid version of one of my past enemies (Mino Magnus), and you will be destroyed just as hard! ...Huh?"

Zero stopped his attack. It sounded like he was listening to something, and Bolo could just make something out.

"Terror Dactyl... Terrorizing the city with giant flying machines," was what he heard. "Return and deal with this immediately."
"Argh! I'm in the middle of fighting a pair of Mavericks at one of the last forests, call me later," Zero started. "...Grrrrr, you two survive today, but you won't survive for long. You will be destroyed like all those who oppose the human race." With that, Zero left.

"Grrr, I want to believe he's being corrupted," Bolo said. "Steel, do you know of Albert Wily has any living relatives?"

S

Steelite

Steel was preparing himself for a struggle with Zero, but then dropped his tension when the hunter left. He lets out a sigh of relief, not certain how'd he survive against a swordsman like Zero, let alone defeating him. But that's not his concern atm.
Back to Bolo's question, he just shrugs.

- No idea about his relatives. Only barely know his rival, someone named Dr. Light... barely.

Baalf

Just then, Steel and Bolo were getting a message themselves. They could just hear a male's voice.

"The Mavericks are attacking the city," the voice said. "I hear Zero is looking to combat the Mavericks right now. This would be a perfect chance to show the humans that you, as the defenders of nature, are working for a cause worth protecting."

"Are you suggesting that we HELP Zero?" Bolo shouted.

"Yes, that is exactly what I'm suggesting," the voice said.

"And why should I after all the chaos he's caused!?" Bolo questioned.

"Zero is a complicated creature," the voice said. "His mind is a combination of justice and evil intentions, but there's still good in him. We just have to unlock the good side of his brain to get him to our side."

"What is "Good and evil" anyway!?" Bolo shouted. "You're acting like that's a black and white subject!"

S

Steelite

Steel responds to the voice with just as suspicion and frustration :

- You're telling us, animals, to try to convince... a human !? You outta your mind !? You know how much of a "complicated creature" that sucker is, and you expect us to--... oh you gotta be kiddin' me.

He shakes his head.

- I don't know... either we try to "unlock the good side of his brain", or he tries to fry our brain with his light saber. I love where this is going already.

Baalf

"Ugh! Why can't we just destroy him and be done with it!?" Bolo shouted.
"Cause you will be no worse than the Mavericks," the voice said.
"Ugh, not the "You'll be no better than them" argument!" Bolo complained.
"Besides, I... I'm not..." the voice stuttered. "Look, you want humans to stop harming nature, right? The only way they're going to learn is if you fight for them."
"...I hate you right now," Bolo replied. "Alright, we'll go fight the same Maverick our worst enemy is fighting I guess. ...But who will protect this forest while we're gone?"
"We will have more reploids dispatched to that area," the voice said. "Please go and help the humans."

Bolo shook his head at that comment. "Do... do you really think we should after what they've done, Steel? Part of me just feels like he's being cowardly towards the human race."

S

Steelite

Steel lets out a huff.

- Dunno 'bout you, but it seems like we're gonna have to go with the cliche "an enemy of my enemy is my ally" here.

He haults his axe over his back.

- Ugh, fine... we'll go. Let's just get this over with. But if it goes wrong, don't blame me for "accidentally" blowing him up in my self-defense attempt.

Baalf

Over the skies of a large city, you could see several Pteradactyl-shaped planes flying over the city. It didn't take long for some of the ships to start fighting missles onto the city, causing chaos to ensue. Likewise, Zero was already on his way, being flown there on a fairly plain-looking vessel.

...But Bolo and Steel had no flying vessels to use. They noticed that the plains were flying quite low, maybe they could climb a building and get on from up there. Watching a few of the plains just plow through some of the taller buildings told Bolo that the plain drivers didn't care and barely needed to.

Bolo also considered the possibility that their might also be ground troops. Sure enough, he saw several suspicious reploids with masks on going into a tall building. Bolo figured this building would be a rendezvous point for them.

"Well, I have a feeling that building will be where we start," Bolo said. Bolo noticed that a couple of the masked reploids were waiting outside, possibly to stop anyone from entering. "Steel, would you like a swing at them?"

S

Steelite

Steel cracks his knuckles, then puts his axe away, and pulls out a scythe, also made of plain steel and iron, with a bit of titanium and silver mixed in. Half of the blade glows with black aura, seemingly made of the same energy used in Zero's light-saber. Otherwise, it doesn't appear to have any special effects at all.

He brings it over his shoulders.

- Do I ever.

Baalf

The two henchmen noticed Steel coming towards them and brandishes some fairly large guns. They asked no questions and fired large yellow orbs of energy straight at Steel. They assumed he would be too slow to dodge them, but didn't know how well he could deflect or absorb them.

S

Steelite

Steel is indeed as they assume, too slow to dodge projectiles, however he doesn't really show it, and instead simply makes a quick swing with his scythe to knock them out. Then he immediately charges in and brandishes his scythe at the two masked reploids, but only hitting them with the blunt side, to disarm them. Then he pins one of them on the ground with the top of the scythe, and the other with his foot, to hold them still.

- What is going on here ?

He doesn't really wanna kill anyone, even an enemy, if he can avoid it... as long as it doesn't have any serious consequence afterwards... but if the masked reploids try to attack him again, he won't hesitate to test how sharp his scythe is.

Baalf

Bolo Batwom then brandishes his own secret weapon, a double flail. ...Which is essentially just a bolo-set tied to a metal staff, but it works. He goes up to them and sees a third masked reploid come out. He swings his flail onto him, with one bolo hitting the weapon and the other hitting his head, knocking him out.

"I'll tell you what's going on," Bolo started. "We're here to shut down this opporation."

S

Steelite

Steel makes a grin, as he brings the scythe blade outward.

- The one with less kill counts has to pay for dinner tonight !

He then puts on a conical hat made of lightweight but sturdy titanium, stands up-straight next to the entrance, with his scythe held straight up near him, as he gestures towards the entrance, like a formal military soldier (though, he's obviously just joking around) :

- After you.