• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Megaman X-tinction (anthro Megaman RP)

BennyJackdaw

Don't worry, I'm a friendly rat.
Synopsis:
The story in this RP is canon. ...from a certain point of view. ...Okay, basically this is just an RP that flips the whole plot behind Megaman X and Zero on its head. It kind of stems from my extreme disdain towards these two franchises. I loved the original Megaman games. Megaman was likeable, he wasn't overly edgy, he got cool gadgets and pets, and he fought other robot men. Frankly, it felt harmless. ...And then Mega Man X came, and it turned into what felt like an edgy, anti-nature story that I felt so uncomfortable in to the point where it wasn't fun for me. Mega Man was edgy, had no cool pets, and worst of all: most of his enemies were animals. Throughout the franchise, I got the feeling that only humans could be good. Only humans were important.

...I hated this setting so much that it kept me from fully enjoying what, at its core, was still the same game with well composed music and unique levels. I didn't want to slay elephants and ostriches as a robot human, and now adays with most animals EXCEPT humans being threatened or endangered, my disdain for killing animals as a humanoid has grown. This, actually, isn't the first time I've made an RP in this vein, though they usually get started for a while and die off. I don't expect this to be any different, but I hope it goes well.

Plot:
Today is the year 56XX. Mankind has gone through turmoil and war, but has fully recovered from everything that has happened. Water and food were plentiful for humans, colonies thrived, and life and the planet itself may never be any more... lifeless.

It all started many years ago. Evil reared its ugly head, and a new hero arose to combat this evil who set its sites on world domination. Many times has this hero defeated this threat, and through his efforts he had become a true hero to the planet. But when the evil finally subsided, the hero was put in stasis for the next wave of evil. ...And this was where it got complicated. New villains arose, labeled as Mavericks by humans. These creatures were deemed dangerous and a threat to human kind. ...But this, however, was started through the mind of a powerful evil. Many of these "Mavericks" were in fact evil, but some were not. In fact, others were hidden defenders of the earth. They existed to protect the planet from harm: which the new true evil hated. These robots wished to protect all life, but the evil mind deemed all non-human life as worthless and a waste of space. And that is how Mavericks came to be classified: any Reploid in the shape of any creature other than a human was classified as a Maverick. Anyone who fought along side these Reploids was, also, a Maverick.

The long-time hero cared not about the truth. He had become corrupt into believe the lies told to him. One by one, innocent reploids who tried to defend the earth were destroyed as the hero alongside his closest friend, a swordsman created by the same great evil the hero fought millenia before who helped in keeping him corrupted. Many years later, a great appocalypse finally ensued that wiped out most life on Earth. ...But the hero survived, as did his friend. It was years later that the war began again. Humans tried to reclaim the Earth, while the defenders (as well as the true Mavericks) tried to fight back.

...But the ancient hero was starting to see the truth. He realized that some of the reploids he had slain had only wished to protect the Earth, and so he joined a rebellion against his best friend. ...Throwing away the lies he was told into a holographic device, he went to combat his old friend. ...But failed. His old data had been retrieved and stuffed in a holographic image where he resumed his battle to wipe out non-human life, but as a hologram he could do little, so he acted through his friend.

Fastforward to today, and now humans have controlled 98% of the Earth, including the oceans. Most non-humans had gone extinct: many wildlife was hunted to extinction, pets were neutered to points they couldn't recover from, and with new research: even meat animals were obsolete. Humans had little value for forests that provided oxygen, as they had found new ways to produce it. This left only a few forests left, and brave reploids who wished to combat the greedy human race in protecting the planet's last few wildlife sanctuaries from disappearing.

...And these sanctuaries were more important than they appeared. The human inventions have caused the planet to heat up to serious temperatures. There was no snow anymore, and some areas near the equator got so hot they were unlivable. Through their expansionism, humans were spelling their own doom, and only the Defenders understood why. They knew that humans had gone too far, yet it wasn't all their fault: they had just been corrupted by the Swordsman and the ideals passed down onto him. They knew, one day, humans, reploids and other life could live in peace once more.

Rules:
You are a member of the Defenders and, yes, the main villain is actually Zero. As for the "Old evil" that supposedly created Zero, in Mega Man 2 Power Fighters, if you beat the game with Bass, Wily goes onto this plan for a new creation that would surpass Bass. This new creation, believe it or not, was Zero. ...I don't know how canon that ending is, but I thought it was interesting to bring up.

I'd really prefer animal-based reploids, though there are two types: Defenders who try to restrain their powers and act on what they think is right, and the Mavericks who are relentless and carefree killers. Now, the Defenders aren't perfect, as they still may have great bias against humans, but they are generally more tame than Mavericks. I'm trying to flesh out my own character: this is an old roleplay I did years ago. I'm not sure I want the same character I use back then.

Character Skeleton

Name:
Animal:
Appearance:
Powers:
Personality:
Weaknesses:
Opinion of Humans:

PC Master Race

Name : Tonik Spark

Animal : mammoth-minotaur

Appearance : 2 pairs of bat-like wings built together, 9 long tails with blades at the tip, and (quite literally) a belly mouth on his stomach ; two large horns on his shoulders, and two tusks on the sides of the belly mouth

Weapons :

A round riot shield that Tonik can use to catch and absorb elemental energy created in the vicinity, including from his teammates' or enemies' attacks. Extremely durable, can tank through quite the punishment and still remain without a scratch.

Originally a 211-V Plasma Cutter, but modified to be a 6-barrel handgun with 3 fire modes, shooter (rapid-fire like an SMG), splitter (large velocity like a shotgun) and spreader (like a flamethrower). Using halo energy, it features 3 elements fire (sunlight), frost (moonlight) and electricity (starlight).

A tiny hammer used for Tonik's signature weapon-summon and elemental-shapeshift powers, as well as for empowering his teammates' weapons and attacks with elemental energy.

Powers : weapon-summon and element-shapeshift (i.e. "forge" the earth, fire, wind, lightning, frost and water into weapons)

Weakness : Extremely slow movement speed, very weak and vulnerable against all types of cold-based damage

Personality : Really doesn't like anything too complicated (having too many technical terms or "overly fancy" vocabulary/grammar also counts). Low self-esteem and a bit too much self-doubt at times, easily getting jealous and envious at things that would otherwise seem trivial.

Opinion of Humans : Thinks that humans are not at the top of the food chain as common belief usually goes, because of everything they can't do or don't have compared to animals (no claws, no wings, no sharp teeth, no tail, etc), and that their supposedly unmatched intelligence is now just another problem to deal with for all. Generally doesn't like humans, but is somewhat OK with working with them.

Last edited:

BennyJackdaw

This seems neat! Who can join this, or is it open to anyone willing? Also, do you need some knowledge of Megaman to participate in such an RP?

Anyone can join, and it does not require knowledge of the Mega Man franchise.

Name: Sgt. Piru Greenfield
Animal: Feline
Appearance: Roughly standing at about four feet, this hazel colored cat wears a ragged uniform, consisting of green combat pants, a green combat jacket with a white shirt underneath, and tan combat boots. He wears a green beret and fingerless black gloves with the rest of his uniform.

Powers: VisionPulse is his first power, being able to scan for enemies in a wide sweep. Second is Survival Instinct, which allows the cat to blend with his environment. Third is Frenzy, which allows his claws to become sharp as blades, able to cut through most, but not all, objects. Last is HealRegen, which allows him to bite his foes, acting as a leech for vitality. Can bite allies and heal them with the stolen vitality from others.

Personality: Piru is respectful, kind to almost everyone he meets. He tends to wear his deadpan face to hide what mass of emotions he has underneath, like a mask. Nonetheless, he makes sure that everyone is safe before caring about his own safety, having been a Sergeant before the divide. He is respectful, intelligent, and calm, having steeled himself for the efforts of survival as the world shaped for the worse. He has a soft spot he never shows to most, and normally prefers to be alone once he feels a rush of painful memories kick in, preferring to remain strong-willed in the face of adversity.

Weaknesses: Despite being well trained in stealth and aggression, Piru is exposed to the following.
Elemental abilities, daggers, melee weapons, and environmental hazards. Poisons are listed as his number one most dangerous element, due to having no tolerance built up against them whatsoever.

Opinion on humans: Even though he sees what humanity had done, and currently the efforts of survival he undergoes, he still feels that not all humans are bad, and actually hopes to meet a kind human one day, despite the ongoing conflict.

Last edited:

BennyJackdaw

I was thinking of what character I was going to use, but I'm going to stick with the wombat because wombats are adorable. ...except when their mouth is open.

Name: Bolo Batwom
Animal: Wombat

Appearance: he is chubby yellow robot with stick arms and legs and a big wombat like head. He is a little under five feet tall, being shorter than most humans.

Powers: this robot wields a pair of electrically charged bolos. He can use them as flails or throw them to ensnare his targets. He is also quite strong and has electric charged limbs that he can use for close-range combat.

Personality: Bolo Batwom is always a little nervous. He worries that his mission in an attempt to save wildlife and the Earth will fail because he and his allies are so greatly outnumbered. He tries to hide any insecurities by fighting alongside his friends and being there to help when he can. Deep down, he might be a little weak and prone to seductive reasoning.

Weaknesses: Not surprisingly, he hates water.

Opinion of Humans: he always wishes that there is a way to it befriend them, but in the eyes of most humans in that day and age, if you don't look like them, you are evil. He always claims on to hope that humans are not evil and that they won't see him as evil, but as the current state of the world is dire oh, he doesn't know what to think.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
Yo, I'll join.
I was sort of talking with someone else for an RP but they went dark so...

Name: Junkrat
Animal: Rat
Appearance: White rat with various modifications, taken from disabled reploids. Little of his original body remains.
Powers: Machine command, network hacking, Cyber Elf creation
Personality: Semi-reclusive; prefers to interact with others using hard-light holograms projected from a shoulder emitter controlled through various satellites. Always looking for new and old tech to further his body modification and computing power. Not the best team player but as long as there's something in it for him, he'll grit through it.
Weaknesses: Extreme heat can disrupt holograph matrices. EM interference can scramble electronic signals. Physically, has little shielding and is vulnerable to most extreme conditions and damage and thus prefers to stay in a well-protected secret location that has decent environmental controls and a Faraday cage.
Opinion of Humans: Ambivalent. As long as they don't get in the way, he doesn't care. Has a soft spot for children, though he wouldn't admit it.

Last edited:

BennyJackdaw

(Alright, four sounds good.)

A battle was currently about to erupt near a lab dedicated to creating robots designed to protect the six remaining forests in the country. 4 robots were preparing for battle. One of the robots was a slightly short yet strong looking wombat who was wise currently unplugging what looked like a pair of orbs attached to wires.

"Hmmm... to think that a Crusader could cause so much bias amongst the human race. I never even got the chance to try and enjoy life before I was thrust into this war," Bolo Batwom said. "What do you guys think? I heard attempt that they were going to find and attack these Labs, so we have to be ready for anything. Junkrat? Tonic? Sgt Peru? Do any of you have any idea what the odds are of us protecting the lab?"

(Think everyone is....AFK for the time being. I'll wait on everyone else to come forth. Also, Piru is more of an Earthly cat, still retaining fur and whatnot. You said four robots, so I felt the need to specify he wasn't of mechanical appearance)

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
"If the odds were bad, I wouldn't be here wasting resources."
Junkrat's whole body flickers briefly.
"Holomatrix looks good on my end. Minimal heat and electromagnetic interference detected. Running at approximately 96%."
"As long as everyone remembered to bring the nurse elves I gave them, it shouldn't be too bad. I know they're weak but it's all I could supply on short notice."
(A cyber-elf is a small, sentient, anthropomorphic program that manipulates the world around them in various ways and are only visible to reploids and some humans with augmentations)

Junkrat remotely controls his hardlight hologram from within the safety of the laboratory basement. The hologram functions via durable emitter affixed to its shoulder and duplicates his body down to accurate weight and density of his physical body.

PC Master Race

Tonik doesn't look too happy to be here. Despite the trunk and tusks covering most of his face, his expression is rather clear, most noticeably the faint black "glow" from his eyes.
The mouth on his belly looks like it's grinding its teeth... as if it wants to chomp down whoever dares to get close.
For a "robot", he looks like a mutated mess. Like some kind of failed agexperiment subject. But he doesn't seem to mind it much, if at all.
He's not happy to be interrupted from his afternoon nap, but still helps to fortify the defense against the fight about to break up in here.
His voice somewhat robotic and monotone, obviously digitalized.

"Bad things always happen during my naps. And bad things always happen to people that interrupt my naps."

Last edited:
Piru gazed along the viewpoint, binoculars in hind as he did his best to scan the outward area. His tail swished briefly before tucking them away, thinking to himself for a while. After giving some though to their current predicament, and the possibility and odds of what could spring forth, the cat nodded grimly.

Somehow, it didn't seem good or bad, yet, he spoke regardless.

"If we are to access this battle completely......I would say it depends on how we do this. If we manage our strategy correctly, taking certain offensive and defensive roles, I'd say we can do this....hopefully...."

The feline muttered, thinking for a bit as he tapped his head a little. He was still unsure of how this was going to go, since he had no distinct measurement of his foe's powers, but he'd keep it quick and lethal. Hopefully, he'd work it out with this group....

BennyJackdaw

Bolo looked at the others and nodded. Firstly, he retrieved an elf from Junkrat for first aid.

"It does seem a little strange. Zero fought against nature, and yet these creatures decided to Aid him. That doesn't make sense," Bolo said outloud before apologizing to Tonik for waking him up.

"Sorry, but we got work to do. I suppose the best way to win this is, as Piru put it, act both offensively and defensively. No one should just be fighting alone, we have to support each other. Tonik, am I to assume that you want to take the helm and fight in the front lines? I can stand nearby and use my bolos."

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
"They're sentient beings also capable of making mistakes, you know," Junkrat's voice interjects with minor distortion.
"Be glad they aren't Weil's baby elves," he chuckles, "though if you want to give it back, I can find someone who appreciates my work."

PC Master Race

Bolo looked at the others and nodded. Firstly, he retrieved an elf from Junkrat for first aid.

"It does seem a little strange. Zero fought against nature, and yet these creatures decided to Aid him. That doesn't make sense," Bolo said outloud before apologizing to Tonik for waking him up.

"Sorry, but we got work to do. I suppose the best way to win this is, as Piru put it, act both offensively and defensively. No one should just be fighting alone, we have to support each other. Tonik, am I to assume that you want to take the helm and fight in the front lines? I can stand nearby and use my bolos."
The mutated-looking mammoth just clicks his tongue.

"Eh, don't blame any of you. I meant the jerks that decided to attack during my nap. So yeah, lemme at 'em in the front cuz I'mma have some serious talks with 'em."

He takes out a hammer tool... which looks hilariously useless for any combat situation whatsoever, given its tiny size and material. A hammer with an iron head and an ivory grip, nothing special.
He just fiddles around with it, waiting for the attack to happen. His nine tails slowly swish from side to side.

BennyJackdaw

Piru gazed along the viewpoint, binoculars in hind as he did his best to scan the outward area. His tail swished briefly before tucking them away, thinking to himself for a while. After giving some though to their current predicament, and the possibility and odds of what could spring forth, the cat nodded grimly.

Somehow, it didn't seem good or bad, yet, he spoke regardless.

"If we are to access this battle completely......I would say it depends on how we do this. If we manage our strategy correctly, taking certain offensive and defensive roles, I'd say we can do this....hopefully...."

The feline muttered, thinking for a bit as he tapped his head a little. He was still unsure of how this was going to go, since he had no distinct measurement of his foe's powers, but he'd keep it quick and lethal. Hopefully, he'd work it out with this group....

(Skipping turn?)

The feline looked around, then nodded, getting ready as his tail whisked behind him slowly.

"We'd definitely have to be careful in our approach. Even though Tonik here takes the front lines, I'll still need to stick close, just in case any plans go awry. I'll serve as support, giving my assistance across the battlefield. If you need suppressing fire over where you are, lemme know. Other than that, I'll watch Tonik's six, just to be safe and whatnot."

Piru said confidently, making sure his weapons were ready for this next battle encounter. He had his plans, and had backup plans just in case the offense/defense didn't apply. There were some charges he had on him in case things didn't play out well, but Operation Erase wouldn't have to come into play yet.

He was more than confident in his team's abilities, so for the meantime, he'll keep at his support position.

"I think that's everything. Anyone else need a rundown on what we're doing?"

PC Master Race

"Kill all sons of bitches."

Tonik replies to Piru, loading and activating his gun with murderous intent.
The "muscles" of his wings and the bladed tips on his tails slightly glow white. Same for the "horns" on his shoulders, and the "tusks" on the two sides of his abdomen gaping maw.
Even those teeth glow, too.

"That's what I'm doing."