• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Menstruation?

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
I live in 'Murica. Where are you from?

I am genuinely curious why you think you have to walk past religious nuts to get birth control though. Abortion? Yea I could see it, but birth control? You can get a 'scrip for that from any general medical facility. Go to your community health center if you don't have insurance. They charge on a sliding scale based on income.

Not everywhere in "'murica" had that luxury. In fact alarmingly few places in this country have that luxury, even on the relatively progressive coasts. And there's still an unecessary stigma about any sort of control of how one has over if and how they give birth, especially women.

And I'm a guy so I'll never have the brunt of it directed at me, but I still see it and it's still messed up on so many levels.

As for the main topic, while blood of any kind skeeves me out, I actually have always had a relatively positive attitude towards menstruation, always hated how other guys were willfully ignorant and rude about it, and always strove to make sure my female friends and loved ones were comfortable by any means necessary (up to and including wink wink nudge nudge where appropriate).

Rant

Haters Gonna Hate
I live in 'Murica. Where are you from?

I am genuinely curious why you think you have to walk past religious nuts to get birth control though. Abortion? Yea I could see it, but birth control? You can get a 'scrip for that from any general medical facility. Go to your community health center if you don't have insurance. They charge on a sliding scale based on income.

I live in the south. Only two planned Parenthoods are left in my state. TWO. You can't just go to a regular doctor for anything beyond the Pill contraceptives, and often times if your appointment isn't as important it can get pushed back, throwing you off track/running out if you do take the pill. OBYGN are few and far between, and some are at crisis centers, aka fake planned parenthood. There's over 200 of these crisis centers in my state, providing misinformation and scaring vulnerable women. One of the top leaders for Crisis centers said their goal is to remove the choice, because when there's only one option left they'll take it.

Dongding

The sheep
Worse yet if you're female and go to the doctor for ANYTHING it always comes back to your fucking uterus and hormones!
Broken arm? Take a midol!
Really sick and falling apart? Oh that's just your hormones.
Literally dying of anything?! Oh you're just exaggerating.

It's either all in your head or your stupid uterus!!!
Ii nevre knoew yuo had a vagoo.

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
One day a friend of mine asked me to buy pills for her, she said it's over the counter.
She told me the name of the pills and went over to the pharmacy.

Asked for the pills and the store lady's eyes went wide
The girls around me was eyeing me and one of them was like: "Those pills are for abortion"

Eyed her back and said "How do you know what the pills are for?"

Everyone quickly left embarrassed

WithMyBearHands

Smudge and arrogant
I'm glad I'm gay
I’m married to another woman. It’s honestly not as bad as people would think, having twice the amount of menstrual cycles, just limits fun time lol
I have every sympathy for women. I have seen what the "monthly gift" does to you all, physically, mentally, and emotionally. It is truly fucked up!
And financially. It’s expensive to not suffer lol. I stock up on Tylenol, chocolate, water bottles, grass, and as many fluffy blankets as I can find in the apartment.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Anne Sexton had a very success poem in the 60s surrounding the matter; among those to make talking about such things, and more, that were generally very taboo to mention, then:

Footage from a rare interview; beautiful woman; I wish I could write and read as well as she does; amazing gravity and humor about her, crazy as she was.

I think I am like the male version of her, only I have not won a Pulitzer Prize, and have managed, so far, to live a bit longer...

Z

ZeroVoidTime

One day a friend of mine asked me to buy pills for her, she said it's over the counter.
She told me the name of the pills and went over to the pharmacy.

Asked for the pills and the store lady's eyes went wide
The girls around me was eyeing me and one of them was like: "Those pills are for abortion"

Eyed her back and said "How do you know what the pills are for?"

Everyone quickly left embarrassed
I can definitely see that happening!

drawain

Artist
Does anyone else keep clicking on this thread just to see the picture of the happy puppy? It keeps making me smile
Nope.
Unbenannt-1.jpg

drawain

Artist
The pill made my period painless, but I switched to a copper implant because people that can get migraines+aura have a tiny highered risk for strokes on the pill. Not that relevant, but I'm a clumsy chaotic person with my head in the clouds, I forgot my pills sometimes... and the implant lasts up to 5 years if you're lucky and it's cheaper. But now off from hormone pills I finally know what the other women talk about. Kinda. Still very mild in comparison to what I read on here, phew... I only have one day of pain, but I cannot concentrate or stand still when a wave of pain hits me, it's like tiny stabs or something. I would have to take a painkiller normally, but I hate the thought of eating a painkiller monthly for decades... :I

Also your vampire dream, hehe... nice one.

Last edited:

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
I live in the south. Only two planned Parenthoods are left in my state. TWO. You can't just go to a regular doctor for anything beyond the Pill contraceptives, and often times if your appointment isn't as important it can get pushed back, throwing you off track/running out if you do take the pill. OBYGN are few and far between, and some are at crisis centers, aka fake planned parenthood. There's over 200 of these crisis centers in my state, providing misinformation and scaring vulnerable women. One of the top leaders for Crisis centers said their goal is to remove the choice, because when there's only one option left they'll take it.

Ahh those goddamn crusis centers. I saw a Last Week Tonight episode on them and wanted to wipe them from the Earth.

JinxiFox

Insanity can be such a beautiful thing.

Yvvki

Sassy lesser panda.
I always tell my guy friends that it pretty much feels like being food poisoned, except you bleed as well.

If I don't take pain killers I get sick. Also instead of being angry, I get super sad and just cry at everything . ;^;