• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Mental health issues in the furry community higher than the average population?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzyrazz

the celestial warrior of tango
The really fucking sad thing here is that I'm fairly certain the OP was NOT talking about insanity; rather, they were aiming more toward Major Depressive Disorder or other such illnesses, since they mentioned depressed ramblings of leaving, etc. Unfortunately, a teenager who is trying far too hard to not conform got in the way of the opinions of those who experience these disorders first hand (no, dude, I don't think you're psychotic - I think you enjoy being on the opposite side of the argument and getting under people's skin) and completely de-railed this topic, which I have deemed pointless several pages ago.

I had what i thought would be a bit of humor to add to this thread. Typed it all in. I read it a few times. Then deleted it. The real humor in this thread is how many posts it has. It's real easy to strike a nerve and get meaningful posts. It's even easier to continue striking that nerve for fun. Not faulting anyone or their posts. Or your arguments. The truth is we are all being laughed at. Swallow your pride and let the kid win.

Seekrit

I had what i thought would be a bit of humor to add to this thread. Typed it all in. I read it a few times. Then deleted it. The real humor in this thread is how many posts it has. It's real easy to strike a nerve and get meaningful posts. It's even easier to continue striking that nerve for fun. Not faulting anyone or their posts. Or your arguments. The truth is we are all being laughed at. Swallow your pride and let the kid win.

I don't know what thread you've been reading, but it's been nothing but humour since that kid first posted.

I don't know what thread you've been reading, but it's been nothing but humour since that kid first posted.

Thank you Secretfur.

Well I stand corrected. It's not like I have never been dense before. All I can do is promise it will happen again. It's been a life long habit.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I didn't know that rampant attention-whoring was a mental disorder. :V

The bar can go pretty low

Edit: To be a good person, you have to be the worst, lowest possible person you can be. That's how people succeed in the world. That's how you avoid all the "other" psychopaths like the shit bag manager at wal-mart or the supervisor at mcdonalds.

The FBI has on record heard mafia members refer to these types of people as "scum", and thats exactly what they are. The world is like a minefield. You never know what kind of scum you're going to run into.

So the solution is to cook up as many drugs as possible in hopes of murdering all the scum's children. That's what I do. I dont even consider myself a drug dealer. I'm a killer. I kill scum. The bar doesn't get any lower.

Shadownazi, is that you?

Last edited:

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
I didn't know that rampant attention-whoring was a mental disorder. :V
I NEED THE ATTENTION BECAUSE I WASN'T HUGGED ENOUGH AS A CHILD.

The psychiatric term for attention whoring is Histrionic Personality Disorder. I'm a doctor, guys.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard

The psychiatric term for attention whoring is Histrionic Personality Disorder. I'm a doctor, guys.

Lies. :V
I wanna see your certs, or GTFO!

Seekrit

I'm so prestigious in my field that I had all 344 of my honorary diplomas written out in crayon!

Crayon is the highest and most respected form of calligraphy, so of course they were. Tell me again how you won the Oscar for Best Cured Disease (Foreign Language)?

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
Crayon is the highest and most respected form of calligraphy, so of course they were. Tell me again how you won the Oscar for Best Cured Disease (Foreign Language)?
I went back in time and killed Hitler, which started a chain reaction that resulted in the implementation of nanobot technology, time travel, warp speed drives, and extraterrestrial contact.

I've been planning with MI6 to create the TARDIS on behalf of the Queen.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
I went back in time and killed Hitler, which started a chain reaction that resulted in the implementation of nanobot technology, time travel, warp speed drives, and extraterrestrial contact.

I heard Hitler traveled back in time to kill Hitler.

Your a doctor? Well that changes everything.
Doc, I have a problem. I have a puppy with worms spirit trapped inside my body. I getting really tired of cleaning these brown streaks off my carpeting. What would you suggest? Dark brown carpeting or wood floors?

Your a doctor? Well that changes everything.
Doc, I have a problem. I have a puppy with worms spirit trapped inside my body. I getting really tired of cleaning these brown streaks off my carpeting. What would you suggest? Dark brown carpeting or wood floors?

I'm no doctor, but wood floors are easier to clean. Don't stain easily.

elegastaanval

well, i was admitted to a mental hospital when i was 7. i guess i was suicidal or something. i don't remember much. i still take celexa and risperdal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.