• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Message Center

Do you like the new message center?

• Total voters
J

jayhusky

Who here likes the new message center, Vote

Yes / No or Kinda

[EDIT/Rhainor]
Additional poll option added at user's request.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cryptic

It's good :)

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
You forgot an option: "What new message centre? Where?"

net-cat

Infernal Kitty
Yes, partly because I know the sorts of back-end changes yak was making to improve it.

TehSean

weasyl.com/profile/naoki
10 votes out of _over_ 10,000 active users. This is going to be an accurate sample of the population

Ceceil Felias

Never have I seen fail so huge
10 votes out of _over_ 10,000 active users. This is going to be an accurate sample of the population
It is! It shows that furries can't be bothered to cast their opinion. :O

Yes, partly because I know the sorts of back-end changes yak was making to improve it.
Nevermind the fact that FA went live before the message center was properly finished and tested. There are still placeholders in it.

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
Or like me, many people are wondering just what the Message Centre is - Chat system of some sort? The name for the private message system? If someone doesn't use them much or at all, how would they know without clarification?

J

jayhusky

Clarification: The message center is the center used for displaying comments and new submissions as well as new journals.

The Private message systems (PM) is the Message System. And has to my knowledge NOT been changed, however some other fur may be of more knowledge on this part.

@ TehSean: do i detect sarcasm?

Note: I am NOT voting in this however if you would like to no my opinion I find it better to use.

Last edited by a moderator:

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
Clarification: The message center is the center used for displaying comments and new submissions as well as new journals.

The Private message systems (PM) is the Message System. And has to my knowledge NOT been changed, however some other fur may be of more knowledge on this part.

@ TehSean: do i detect sarcasm?

Note: I am NOT voting in this however if you would like to no my opinion I find it better to use.

Ahh, okay. Then an option of "I don't use it" would be good on the vote. I stopped looking at the message centre FA page long ago when furs started to post pictures of themselves, their pets and their lives in general instead of actual artwork. Basically SPAM'ing. I instead track users I'm interested manually.

J

jayhusky

I shall enquire as to if a admin or mod can add that option to the poll as I cannot.

Jarz

I only know the message board :S

J

jayhusky

@shadow:for recently submitted items you click newest. (located above the submissions)

Update: I spoke to Rhainor who added, "i don't use it" to to the poll

gunnerboy

much more streamlined, easier to use

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
@shadow:for recently submitted items you click newest. (located above the submissions)

Update: I spoke to Rhainor who added, "i don't use it" to to the poll

Well for what it's worth then, my vote would be that instead of "no" then.

Toksyuryel

The only thing that really needs to go is the HUEG LIEK XBOX date headers. Like someone in the other thread suggested those can be replaced by timestamps either under the thumbnail or by simply reading the timestamp on the submission page (and what about those nice mouseovers you get when browsing? For a short period of time the old message center showed these as well but apparently that was a bug as it was quickly "fixed". You could add those back and throw the timestamp in there.). I have additionally noticed that the new message center no longer marks what type of submission the thumbnail goes to. The old one had the same icons that appear when browsing. Why were these removed?