• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Metal Asylum

O

O.D.D.

SOI's a great band; they just recently dropped a Lam of God cover that's pretty good
I do personally think people can be a bit unfair to Lamb of God but there is always room for improvement (sometimes by a different band - Trivium's Master of Puppets cover is better than the original FITE ME)

The-Courier

Dreamer of Cheese
I do personally think people can be a bit unfair to Lamb of God but there is always room for improvement (sometimes by a different band - Trivium's Master of Puppets cover is better than the original FITE ME)
I agree there's always room for improvement, but there's always people who will talk shit about a band because they don't sound like they did in 1997 or something. There's also the inherent "overrated = shit" stigma that I've seen go around many metal communities. Just because Metallica doesn't sound like Infant Annihilator doesn't mean they're a shit band.

O

O.D.D.

I agree there's always room for improvement, but there's always people who will talk shit about a band because they don't sound like they did in 1997 or something. There's also the inherent "overrated = shit" stigma that I've seen go around many metal communities. Just because Metallica doesn't sound like Infant Annihilator doesn't mean they're a shit band.
Hetfield earned his legend status, Ulrich is kind of an ass and a lazy drummer (IMO) but Metallica would not have been a thing without him.

O

O.D.D.

Technically these are metallic remixes of more cinematic pieces but hey
The best cover of this theme in this style I have heard to date

Last edited by a moderator:

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
Obscure band a pal of mine recommended, this album particularly caught me off guard. A mix of death metal, technical death, and a hint of thrash is what I can best describe it as. Totally underrated.

JacobFloofWoof

Metal Misanthrope
Obscure band a pal of mine recommended, this album particularly caught me off guard. A mix of death metal, technical death, and a hint of thrash is what I can best describe it as. Totally underrated.

Have you heard of the band Revocation? Basically what you described, except with more hardcore punk vocals.

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters

Nice to see somebody posted The Black Plot. Cool video, too. One of my favorites.
Awesome! I loved Savatage when I was early into metal. Their 80's numbers were heavy metal and progressive metal perfection.

O

O.D.D.

Awesome! I loved Savatage when I was early into metal. Their 80's numbers were heavy metal and progressive metal perfection.
I'm disappointed with myself for not being the one to post that tune, really, but yeah Savatage is top shelf