• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Metal Asylum

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
Now I don’t usually listen to black metal but this band is amazing. The orchestra fits surprisingly well. I love the piano interlude and the guitar harmonies near the end of the song.

Last edited:

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
Sorry about the spam haha, just super hyped to hear some of the new demos and riff tapes that'll be released with the Black Album getting remastered, as well as the big compilation album of covers. I don't understand all the backlash about the cover versions. It's for charity, and I think it's a wonderful idea to see what classic metal songs would sound like in a variety of different genres.

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
I don't know why I kept passing this album up, this song absolutely SLAMS. Lots of little hidden treats in the 90's when popularity in metal had gone over the cliff and some great bands went unnoticed.

Sorry about the spam haha, just super hyped to hear some of the new demos and riff tapes that'll be released with the Black Album getting remastered, as well as the big compilation album of covers. I don't understand all the backlash about the cover versions. It's for charity, and I think it's a wonderful idea to see what classic metal songs would sound like in a variety of different genres.
Lotta people hate on that album for it's influence on the decline of thrash, but there wasn't much that could be done in their case except adapt to the times, and the consequences of Metallica's shift in style was not in their control really. Other than that it's actually a pretty good album if you're not thinking about it in terms of what Metallica was in the 80's.

Scorngrain deserves a mention

Sounds like a modern industrial Sodom, very cool.

O.D.D.

wubwubwubwubwub
I'm still unsure why this thread is in this section but w/e, when in Rome.
Edit to add some more. Why not.

Last edited: