• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Metal Gear?!! [May Contain Spoilers!]

Enigmaticat

Oh Boy!
So Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain is coming out soon. Who is getting it and going to play online?

I've preordered the US Collectors edition and greatly anticipate its arrival.

And which MGS was your favorite?

Mine has to be MGS3 with Naked Snake becoming Big Boss. With no Soliton Radar you really have to be aware of your surroundings.

FrostHusky81

The Mercenary
MGS2 was my favorite by far, and yes, I'm going to get phantom pain. That multiplayer looks badass!

S

Sar

I've always been a huge fan of 2 and 3, I was so happy the HD collection was made to relive nostalgia of the ps2 days. But for me the favourite was the Game Boy Color - I played that endlessly on long car journeys when I was a kid and that game was the shit.

A

Amiir

I only played Guns of the Patriots. While I really loved the gameplay, the storyline was confusing. Rightfully so since I missed the previous chapters. After replaying it for, like, 8 times I got the hang of it. Sorta. I just loved going around shooting people in the face with the big ass Barrett

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
I only played Guns of the Patriots. While I really loved the gameplay, the storyline was confusing. Rightfully so since I missed the previous chapters. After replaying it for, like, 8 times I got the hang of it. Sorta. I just loved going around shooting people in the face with the big ass Barrett

Guns of the patriots is kinda considered the worst metal gear game....apart from the NES version of metal gear for the msx

My favorite so far has to be mgs3 its so rewarding to play and i love all the quirks it has.
I love the fact that you can do so much stupid stuff in it in so many different ways...like killing the end for example.
I don't know so far how i feel about phantom pain, its interesting but i feel like it might be changing too much, its kinda appearing to look more like splinter cell now, i like splinter cell but i don't know about it. I will be having low expectations from this game

Enigmaticat

Oh Boy!
Guns of the patriots is kinda considered the worst metal gear game....apart from the NES version of metal gear for the msx

My favorite so far has to be mgs3 its so rewarding to play and i love all the quirks it has.
I love the fact that you can do so much stupid stuff in it in so many different ways...like killing the end for example.
I don't know so far how i feel about phantom pain, its interesting but i feel like it might be changing too much, its kinda appearing to look more like splinter cell now, i like splinter cell but i don't know about it. I will be having low expectations from this game

People mostly whined about MGS4's long cut scenes but I loved them and how you could interact with Metal Gear MKII and MKIII.

To me Splinter Cell was good, just too gadget reliant. You couldn't go full stealth without your toys (Sticky cam/noise makers, EMP/EMP grenades, etc.). While most MGS games you go in naked and you aquire cool gadgets but you dont always need them (Example: Thermal google/Sigs). MGS5:pP is very open world and gives you options, I mean you do have gadgets but you have more choice in using them.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
People mostly whined about MGS4's long cut scenes but I loved them and how you could interact with Metal Gear MKII and MKIII.

To me Splinter Cell was good, just too gadget reliant. You couldn't go full stealth without your toys (Sticky cam/noise makers, EMP/EMP grenades, etc.). While most MGS games you go in naked and you aquire cool gadgets but you dont always need them (Example: Thermal google/Sigs). MGS5:pP is very open world and gives you options, I mean you do have gadgets but you have more choice in using them.

Like i have said, i like splinter cell, its a good realistic stealth game that makes sense of all these gadgets. And I'm not angry about the major change for mgs5, it seems like the right natural progression. The problem i have is that too much might change that it loses touch with what people liked about metal gear in the first place.

One of my main problems with the suggested open world is how the environment is going to affect the game. In mgs3, because its linear, they create all these unique tricks that make the game easier and more fun like the beehive near the bridge at the start of mgs3. The problem is because you got so much space to work around in, it feels like this is completely unnecessary since you could take a detour or just use a car and run over the guards or something stupid like that requires little thought.... and that makes me a little sad.the old stuff like That is what makes me say ''this game is pretty cool''.

Luca

Lined my brain with more eyes
I could talk about MGS all damn day if I wanted to. It's the series that got me into games in the beginning. I've purchased a Sony Console for every Metal Gear Solid game. I love how somehow every game manages to be over the top dumb, but somehow remain cool and find good moments to insert humor with a near perfect balance. Kojima's attention to detail is irreplaceable and I hope they let the series rest with MGSV if he's no longer with Konami after MGSV.

As for my favorite game in the series...
ezSG2Vf.jpg

I don't think there is a MGS game I consider under par to the high exceptions of the series, but MGS3 towers over the rest to me. It's one of the only prequel stories I think that has done better that the original. It drops the context of the already over complicated plot and picks a vastly different local then we'd seen before. It's fresh if you play them in the order they came out (and you should be.) It's one of the most smartly designed games I've ever seen, in the context of the series and in all games. Some of the best characters I've seen in video games are crammed into this one game.

I've got a lot to say about the upcoming MGSV but I'll leave most that for later maybe, but I've never wanted a game so hard in my life. "You feel it too... don't you?" It looks amazing. I know some people are worried about it not having the feel of the other MGS games but in all the footage I've seen Kojima's pacing of serious tones, great cinematography, comedic relief, attention to detail and inventiveness is still all there and then some.

The addition of licensed 80's music might be may favorite thing they've shown so far. I was raised on this music in my house. I can't wait to just hop into my chopper and watch the world scroll by while listening to some of my favorite songs.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
Twin Snakes was my first MGS when i first bought my GameCube. i fell in love with the game design and story so i HAD to play the others but i jumped into Snake Eater next. That game was so powerful and hit me like a ton of bricks in the feels so i HAD to start over from the beginning. i played every Metal Gear from the beginning, including the PSX original, which is way better than Twin Snakes by the way, and i've been preparing myself for MGSV in just a few more days. i've been playing Ground Zeroes daily, evacuating every POW i can in preparation for Phantom Pain.
...Assuming any of them live!!!

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
Did anyone ever play the metal gear game for the gameboy colour?
It was pretty awesome, it played like the original series (top down perspective) but brought in all these cool new things from mgs1 like knocking and pressing against walls. Its pretty amazing for its limitations and had some awesome metal gear solid 1 8 bit music.

Enigmaticat

Oh Boy!
Did anyone ever play the metal gear game for the gameboy colour?
It was pretty awesome, it played like the original series (top down perspective) but brought in all these cool new things from mgs1 like knocking and pressing against walls. Its pretty amazing for its limitations and had some awesome metal gear solid 1 8 bit music.

I played it! It was like an alternate version of MGS1. It was pretty awesome if I do recall. How about the Metal Gear Ac!d series? I couldnt really get into the card based system plus the story was very 'meh' for a MGS title.

TrishaCat

The Iron Masked Cat in the FAF
My favorite MGS is 4, but the only one's I've beaten are that one and 2. I plan on getting the Legacy Collection and playing what I've missed.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
I played it! It was like an alternate version of MGS1. It was pretty awesome if I do recall. How about the Metal Gear Ac!d series? I couldnt really get into the card based system plus the story was very 'meh' for a MGS title.

I thought the acid series was a decent attempt at a strategy game but honestly i think they could of done it better. The idea of a tactical stealth shooter still intrigues me though. And the story was pretty crap if i recall...

Also i have to admit mgs2 is a pretty good game to play if you never have played metal gear before.
When i was 7 i played mgs2 for the first time and didn't do the tanker mission...just main story. And its pretty good on that stand point since you get this whole mystery as to who is the real solid snake

Last edited:

Enigmaticat

Oh Boy!
People whined about Raiden but he wasnt a bad character in my opinion. Not everyone can be as bad ass as Snake.

What did you guys think of MGR? It was interesting, it took me a while to get used to the parry mechanic.

Croconaw

#1 Most Requested Croconaw
My favorite is when Naked Snake puts on clothes.

Croconaw

#1 Most Requested Croconaw

Luca

aab.gif

What did you guys think of MGR? It was interesting, it took me a while to get used to the parry mechanic.

I love Rising. Maybe not as much as most of the MGS games but still a great amount. It's a really good translation to character action game. Everything was ramped up with that over-the-top Platinum goodness I crave. It can stand it's own next to old Devil May Cry and Bayonetta, which is a huge deal. Plus Jetstream Sam is one of the best rival character I can think of.
3893016-1385184101106.gif

Last edited:

Nadi

My favorite Metal Gear game right now is Snake eater, I realy like the many ways how you can solve problems, and that some things you can do in one level, can change some things in later levels.
Also the Boss Fight against the End is realy great, funny thing is they give you two ways to skip it.

Ralphie

I actually love the mgs series, it is so vast and detailed. Many characters are created so well and are so deep.

and I for one love hour long monologues or cutscenes, that final monologue of the boss at the end of mgs 3 was great, and I wished there was more.

And I honestly love the story of big boss, he is simply marvelous character, his change over the years, his life experience and his ending were all so sad yet interesting.

honestly, the plot is better than a movie, and even if it is gonna become a movie it will just miss a ton of details trying to squish it in a tiny 23 hours frame.

also Big Boss>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>faggy ass solid, liquid, solidus and everyone in general.

Luca

[video=youtube;alxN1i1GagM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alxN1i1GagM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

That is all.