• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Microsoft Surface Go

Oaker

Beacon of bad luck
If it's for drawing I've seen good reviews for the samsung galaxy s3. If I could afford it, I'd go with a huion kamvas pro 13, but that's only a screen, not a full computer. The pen has pressure sensitivity and tilt functions, and doesn't need batteries.

BeautifulBasil

Live Fearless!
If it's for drawing I've seen good reviews for the samsung galaxy s3. If I could afford it, I'd go with a huion kamvas pro 13, but that's only a screen, not a full computer. The pen has pressure sensitivity and tilt functions, and doesn't need batteries.

Mmm I'd stay away from huions, the tablets themselves are great but the drivers are always buggy as hell. I had a huion 1910b and it was fabulous for about 3 months before I started having major issues

Oaker

Beacon of bad luck
Mmm I'd stay away from huions, the tablets themselves are great but the drivers are always buggy as hell. I had a huion 1910b and it was fabulous for about 3 months before I started having major issues
Damn! that sucks! I'm not even close to having enough money to buy one right now, but it's the tablet screen that I liked the best. Specially the fact that the pen doesn't require batteries, I was looking at gaomon screens as well, but theirs DO use batteries, problem is, it's lithium, so eventually when it wears out its cycles the pen is gonna become pretty much useless; if it used AAA or something easy to change I wouldn't mind at all.

What exactly happened 3 months after you got it?

BeautifulBasil

Live Fearless!
Damn! that sucks! I'm not even close to having enough money to buy one right now, but it's the tablet screen that I liked the best. Specially the fact that the pen doesn't require batteries, I was looking at gaomon screens as well, but theirs DO use batteries, problem is, it's lithium, so eventually when it wears out its cycles the pen is gonna become pretty much useless; if it used AAA or something easy to change I wouldn't mind at all.

What exactly happened 3 months after you got it?
there were three vertical strips, one on either side and one in the middle where the pen absolutely wouldnt read at all. I actually still have the complaint video I made so I'll leave a link below. I did some troubleshooting and found out it wasnt an uncommon problem, mind you I treated this thing like a god and it was in perfect physical condition, the issue was the driver. while it was "compatable" with windows and my computer met all the hardware requirements it just wasnt communicating properly with my computer. I later sold the same tablet to a close friend for a ridiculously good price, thinking that since she'd be using is as a separate monitor rather than a tablet. low and behold she tries drawing on it and it works perfectly fine. It still does today. She was using a brand new laptop to run it, and I still have no idea why it didnt like mine.
Also their customer service sucks ass. I tried to return it and get a refund but they wouldnt help me at all :/

Oaker

Beacon of bad luck
Wow, that's unfortunate for you, but lucky your friend. Did you go with a different brand afterwards?

BeautifulBasil

Live Fearless!
Wow, that's unfortunate for you, but lucky your friend. Did you go with a different brand afterwards?
No, after that I got my surface pro 3 which I absolutely love. Its got excellent pressure sensitivity, a great battery life, and while the pen does take a aaa battery it lasts forever. I've had this tablet since January and havent had to switch batteries once

Oaker

Beacon of bad luck
Good to hear (well, read). The fact that it uses AAA is a huuuge plus, you can just replace it, say you still want to use it 15 years in the future, but the battery doesn't hold a charge, it's not a lithium battery made specifically for it that's nearly impossible to find, it's a standard that is readily available.

RailRide

The Real Wheels of Steel
I later sold the same tablet to a close friend for a ridiculously good price, thinking that since she'd be using is as a separate monitor rather than a tablet. low and behold she tries drawing on it and it works perfectly fine. It still does today. She was using a brand new laptop to run it, and I still have no idea why it didnt like mine.

Did your system ever have Wacom or another company's tablet drivers on it? I've heard in a number of places that Wacom drivers don't play nice with anybody else's and have to be completely removed before installing any sort of non-Wacom tablet. That may have something to do with why your friend's system isn't having issues with it.

---PCJ