• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Mid or late day sleepiness?

glitchology

train hopping paint cryptid
Do you guys ever have a time of the day, no matter how much you've slept, that you tend to get really sleepy? How do you combat this?

Every day around 6:30-8:30 pm, I have to really fight to not fall asleep. (And if I do, I only sleep as long as a nap would be.) Even coffee doesn't seem to do anything.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Yep, at about 3 to 4 PM, give or take, at work, after my usually late lunch break...my eyes tend to start drifting shut, at points. And like the OP, coffee doesn't seem to do a thing, at this point.

Aloe-ki

Skypark Dweller
8:30 for me, even though I usually go to bed around 11 something. xwx If I choose not to go to sleep I usually end up feeling more awake around 10.

Sforzie

Professional Kuja fangirl
It could just be how your body's circadian's rhythm's work, if it's been like this for a long time. However, if it's a more recent development, it could be caused by other things. Stress, of course, or perhaps you aren't really getting as good a night's sleep as you think.
I was having trouble at work just randomly becoming exhausted around 4am (I work the night shift, but that'd be like 3pm for normal people). I eventually found out I have thyroid disease. Now that I'm being treated for that, I rarely get randomly tired anymore.

CarbonCoal

Digital Artist
I usually feel sleepy around 12:00 or 1:00 pm.I have to take a nap because if I don't my head will feel weird.Sometimes I can stay up if I'm desecrated enough though.I've been feeling unusually sleepy lately but that's most likely because I haven't been going to bed at a scheduled time like a usually do.

Bidoyinn

No matter how long I sleep I tend to get tired at around 1-3pm. I think it's because I'm not as active as I could be but I usually just work through it or take a powernap and get back to work. Coffee doesn't do much for me but I don't really know how to combat the tired...ness. Maybe change your diet? Make sure it's not a medical problem?

SodaBubbles

I will deliver the explosion
I used to get sleepyish around 3 or 4. Now it's closer to 10pm. I should just listen to my body and go to bed but I usually end up drawing or writing till midnight.

Wakor

Wakor Jones
I usually feel sleepy around 12:00 or 1:00 pm.I have to take a nap because if I don't my head will feel weird.Sometimes I can stay up if I'm desecrated enough though.I've been feeling unusually sleepy lately but that's most likely because I haven't been going to bed at a scheduled time like a usually do.
I think your font color gave me a stroke

Tao

Hare Boi
I have low blood sugar so I get tired when I get hungry. And I get hungry if I don't eat every couple of hours.

Tatsuchan18

Maybe it's a diet/exercise thing. I'm like one activity level above sedentary and I eat junk food so I'm tired all the time. Tho I find when I eat better and exercise more, I stay more awake. (For like 6 months I was able to be more on nutrition and got more active. I found it helped with the mid-day tiredness)

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
whenever my blood sugar dips, I just feel tired and oftentimes take a nap. But then I wake up feeling awful because my blood sugar is still low.

Hikaru Okami

Radiant Wolf
Nothing wrong with mid-day napping unless you think it's a real problem that hinders your daily life. My nap time usually depends on how much energy I spend interacting with people.

Ieono

Uberaffe
I get like that towards the end of a work day. I think it is mental exhaustion, though.