• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Midwest furs

Inu1990x

any midwest furs in the area as i see a big group on fa and allot of them are dead or not social people not any one here need a new friends

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
So most people in the Midwest group are dead, huh? Must be all the drugs, booze, and complications due to inbreeding.
I'm from northeast Ohio BTW. Where do you hail from, sonny?

stablercake

a bubblegum pink nose
I'm from Indianapolis and there's a decently active fur group here called Whoozfur that has meets all the time (that I'm too scared to go to ofc) and from what I know they meet not only in Indy but all over the state

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
Facebook has a few groups in the midwest that are seemingly active, may be one of the better ways to find people to hang out with. I know SWMO Furries is active and Missouri Furries is as well, but that might not be your area.

Wisconsin Fur here! I agree though! Except for the Midwest Furfest there isn't much of an existent furry community around here, i even live in the capital city and there are no furry gatherings that are current (most were abandoned online awhile ago) going on around here! Anyone considering going to Chicago Comic Con? I am hoping to go this year and debut my first fursuit im commissioning!

Wakor

Wakor Jones
So most people in the Midwest group are dead, huh? Must be all the drugs, booze, and complications due to inbreeding.
I'm from northeast Ohio BTW. Where do you hail from, sonny?

Hey! I'm from the midwest and the inbreeding is... unfortunately very correct.
I grew up in a small town and if you picked out any two random people, there was a 70% chance they were cousins.
Also, high schoolers dated middle schoolers.
The midwest is garbage.

Strangeguy32000

Dack Remus Applewold
I'm from Ohio, myself (northeast Columbus area)

I know through browsing around online there's at least one fur group in C-bus near the OSU campus, though I haven't really visited their forums or their local Fur con.

Jazz Panther

Swing the Mood!
West-Central Illinois.
To be fair, the Midwest isn't bad, and everything that has been said about Midwest isn't 100% true. Okay, that stuff does happen, particularly in metropolitan areas (Chicago, St. Louis, Carbondale, The Quad Cities, Milwaukee, everything south of the railroad tracks in my own Galesburg), but that doesn't happen everywhere. But the majority of the Midwest, especially, Illinois outside of Chicago and East St Louis, is kind of boring and nothing that exciting happens after 9:00 P.M...unless you live in the Quad Cities, where there's at least one murder per month, and a ton of rock and roll concerts ("Heart" is playing at the i-Wireless Center in April ! ^ ^).
As a furry and a potential fur-suiter, I'm isolated where I am at. I'm lucky enough to run into another brony around here, let alone a furry, the latter of which has yet to happen. This is mainly because I would never dare talk about being a furry or a brony in public...but that's another matter entirely on its own.

okay

hot ham sandwich
it hasn't been hard for me to run into other furs around here, but i've had trouble identifying with the few i know. the concentration of furries hasn't made it easier for me to find people i like a whole lot. i either have nothing else in common, or i find them to be a bit too much for me (just a bit too enthusiastic as people for me personally). i've found a few here and there but i found out they were furries much later so we bonded in other ways. besides that i've found some closure in having friends who, despite not being furries, don't care a whole lot and are cool about it. it's a bit of a bummer not being close to anybody i can identify with this stuff on though, especially since a lot of it is gender or kink stuff that i get isn't for everyone.

anyway i've been in the midwest my whole life, illinois/chicago-area but elsewhere at the moment. i like it a whole lot. there can be a lot of cool stuff going on, but it's approachable and not crazy. not having a car is a problem unless you live in one of the bigger cities, and even then in my experience it still sucks. i like the nature, but i hate that i can't get anywhere to see it very often.

Jazz Panther

Swing the Mood!
Well...I suppose it's all about "the luck of the draw".

yea no it's kinda frustrating, i really wish it was easier to get in contact outside of the internet... but what can you do! :p Any ways, woot woot, nice to see other Wisconsin furs on here!

WhenCatsFoxesandWolvesFly

RIDEing Free Tonight!
Hey-o from Kokomo, Indiana! And, yes, it is rather annoying that not many furs call the Midwest home. As far as I know, there aren't any furry groups that get together here in town, though I hope that this changes due to how fast the city might grow in the near future. On another note, I do know one other Indianapolis fur: Robotech_Master, though I don't see any posts by him here on the forums and he tends to be more active off-site as an author, anyway.

stablercake

a bubblegum pink nose
Hey-o from Kokomo, Indiana! And, yes, it is rather annoying that not many furs call the Midwest home. As far as I know, there aren't any furry groups that get together here in town, though I hope that this changes due to how fast the city might grow in the near future. On another note, I do know one other Indianapolis fur: Robotech_Master, though I don't see any posts by him here on the forums and he tends to be more active off-site as an author, anyway.

I'm an Indy fur :3 I don't know of a Kokomo group either, but Indy has Whoozfur which from what I understand meets pretty frequently so there's an option if you're willing to make the trek!

And I imagine a few call it home since MFF and Indy Fur Con still are things! Just less vocal in all the furry circles online maybe?

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Originally from Michigan, and plan to move back in a few years, up near Traverse City. But it's weird, in ways, Michigan feels less Midwestern than a lot of Midwestern states. Maybe because of all the water, and being that far north? In any event, I miss it, and have heard that even way up in TC, they've had some fur-meets, so that's a good sign.

Not a ton of furs here in Maryland. I think it's too hot for fur...

Samandriel Morningstar

The Morningstar
Wisconsin Fur here! I agree though! Except for the Midwest Furfest there isn't much of an existent furry community around here, i even live in the capital city and there are no furry gatherings that are current (most were abandoned online awhile ago) going on around here! Anyone considering going to Chicago Comic Con? I am hoping to go this year and debut my first fursuit im commissioning!

Wisconsin fur here! There really don't seem to be that many of us up here...

Right here, Green Bay Wisconsin.

Hello fellow Wisconsin furs,it's nice seeing some locals around!
I'm from Arkdale Wisconsin. :D

Originally from Michigan, and plan to move back in a few years, up near Traverse City. But it's weird, in ways, Michigan feels less Midwestern than a lot of Midwestern states. Maybe because of all the water, and being that far north? In any event, I miss it, and have heard that even way up in TC, they've had some fur-meets, so that's a good sign.

Not a ton of furs here in Maryland. I think it's too hot for fur...
It's never to hot for fur