• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Minecraft.

Xeans

Nope. Not a 'which servers have the bestest yiffy-scritchy' thread.

Instead, I'm wondering what the minecrafters amongst our noble fuzzy ranks enjoy in the game. Why do you play? To build a massive golden phallic symbol? To explore the rare geometry glitch floating dirt islands of the north? Do you prefer the social multiplayer aspect (or cluster-frak of pvp servers) Or the tranquility and isolation of single play?

And, if you can, tell a story of your best experience in minecraft.

ImNotHere

Well it's still fresh in my mind since I played not an hour ago, but I think the thing I most enjoy about Minecraft is how I can play for hours. Alone. And still be as entertained as if I had a group of friends to play with. Meeting goals, accomplishing things I set out to do when I first created the world...it's a good feeling to get something done that needs doing, even in a virtual world. This afternoon, I struck diamond. I then proceeded to make a diamond pick and shovel and re-roofed my house and added a second story. Even the little things like chopping down 4 stacks worth of trees make you think, "Now I can get shit DONE."

Stormtail

I actually just got the game yesterday, but I love it. So far I've only done solo on peaceful mode. I love exploring the areas surrounding my houses and building new structures. I think I'll expand my houses next. Then I'll try playing with enemies. Multiplayer too. The best moment I've had so far was the first time it started raining. I was so amazed; it really showed how in-depth the universe of the game is. Also, today was the first time I struck lapis lazuli and redstone. It was great to see ore of a new color.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
I used to play online, until my underground base and subway system was raided by a band of roguish vandals.

Nowadays I spend most of my time in single player building bunkers n' shit.

My best moment was making that subway system ;_;

Volkodav

Dad****er
Pfft. Casual.

Come back when you start making giant swastika cubes like me.
WHAT
THATS YOU?
I SAW A SWASTIKA CUBE A LONG TIME AGO

me? uhmm i like playing with my friend Shins, and I make him do everything for me
I insist on building wood-only houses that almost always catch on fire or get burned or have lava dumped on them
uhmmm i like having 30 wolves [thats what i spend the majority of my time doing in multiplayer]
annnddd I like hiding on pillars at night because im scared of hostile mobs

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I like the SMP server I'm a mod on. My greatest work so far is a massive stone statue in Kit's likeness (Uber-Kit), but my current project, a nine-floor fortress called Castle Fuchsenstein, will be even better upon completion.

Last edited:

Schwimmwagen

When I play MC, I like playing in a close-knit group. I hate the public games and such...

I don't like doing big artistic structures or anything like that, but I like exploring and working as a group to build our town.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Team up and make a hypercube (tesseract) :p

Koronikov

:> crowning achievement in minecraft accidentally not get laid because i got to damn sucked into the game building an awesome tree fort >.>

Zasha

Evil Incorporated
Trying to construct a parthanon. Started twice, got half way but never managed to finish due to either server resets or lack of time during the summer. Sigh. >:

OH FUCK I FORGOT THIS THREAD EXISTED.

Renamed my original map back to 'World 1'.
Three worlds so far. One pre-1.8, one island map, one swamp map.

I LIKE THIS.

T j k

First time I ever played I started next to a lake shaped like a dong.

The best thing that ever happened to be in MineCraft is being in a cave, a creeper blowing up near me, and revealing a cave with a large abundance of lapis, gold, and diamonds. If it weren't for that creeper I wouldn't have found that cave. ^.^ I haven't gotten into much of the adventure update, yet. Creative is just too appealing. Especially with the TNT.

EDIT: I checked out the Herpadong seed, and found a pretty hill. I tried to make a 3D gif. It didn't work out too well, but it worked out sorta nice.

http://i.imgur.com/jwajV.gif

Last edited:

Stormtail

Today I started building an awesome underwater glass dome building. There's a hallway/tunnel leading from the shore to the entrance. I'm not sure what I'll put inside it. It'll either be one large circular room or I'll divide it into smaller ones.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
My bro got addicted to Minecraft a couple of days ago.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Never gave two shits about the game myself.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I don't even give one..