• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Mirror's Edge vs. GOW2

Mirror's Edge vs GOW2. Which do you choose?

• Mirror's Edge

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Gears of War 2

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, if you want to compare apples to oranges, I would go with apples. Apples are fucking awesome. Especially the green ones.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Well, if you want to compare apples to oranges, I would go with apples. Apples are fucking awesome. Especially the green ones.
I've heard Peanuts shit all over that fruit crap.

Eevee

Banned
Banned
Gears of War 2

Mirror's edge is just another assassin's creed based like game, just in first-person and your not an assassin...
gears of war is just another tetris game, just in first-person and you shoot people

seriously what

especially when gow is just another shootan gaem

Teco

Informal Formalist
Gears of War 2

Mirror's edge is just another assassin's creed based like game, just in first-person and your not an assassin...

And you arent supposed to kill people... and you do parkour.... and its in a different time setting... and you can do a time trial to finish the levels as fast as you can which makes sense because the levels arent open world-ish... you're also a chick... dont use swords... or any real hand to hand combat... who made a thread about two really different games... why not COD4 vs COD5? That would actually makes sense.... or atleast Hell's Highway and COD...wtf.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
They both run off the same engine, and right now are probably some of the best games out, I think that's why the OP is comparing them.

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Besides the innovative style of gameplay that mirrors Edge has, it's actually quite beautiful (even on the same engine as GOW2) it's very artistic, the colors the lighting it's just so...fresh.

Also the gameplay I -love- parkour and I love how they did it in this game; even the story is amazing despite what people say. The combat in Mirrors Edge is also neat, though I haven't played the actual game, just the demo, I love it. I really, really want this game, gow 2 (just like gow) I don't really care and I will never own it. :\

Neybulot

I make you unlucky.
They both run off the same engine, and right now are probably some of the best games out, I think that's why the OP is comparing them.

Because on one hand you have Mirror's Edge which takes the engine and does some simplistic visuals, whereas Gears of War 2 has these very detailed environments.

Then again, I really shouldn't talk. I've only played the first Gears and the demo of Mirror's Edge. I'll have a better opinion in about a month, after I've rented Mirror's Edge and bought Gears of War 2.

But Gears 2 will still last longer because of the multiplayer aspect.

Lazerus101

Mirror's Edge is VERY cool but overall its way too short and has too little lifespan to be a truly considered purchase. Maybe if you can get it on the cheap, otherwise I consider it a rental only.

Gears 2. Mirror's Edge was boring, full of glitches, short, too much trial and error, free running doesn't work in 1st person in a VG and it looked awful.