• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Bug/Site Problem: Missing Check/Uncheck all and Invert Selection buttons on submission page

Snow Fang

I'm having an issue on my submission page with unchecking/checking whole pages of submissions at a time. The button for this function simply isn't present on my page. The "Invert selection" button is also missing in action. During normal site operation, these two buttons appear immediately to the right of the "Nuke all Submissions" button at the top of the submissions page.

The source of this issue is the HTML code for the website itself, it seems. It's setting the buttons for Invert selection and Check/Uncheck All to be "hidden" as shown in the HTML code I got from inspecting that page element.

<div class="actions">
<input class="button remove-nuke" type="submit" name="messagecenter-action" value="Nuke all Submissions"/>
<input class="button remove-checked" type="submit" name="messagecenter-action" value="Remove checked"/>
<input class="button invert-selection hidden" type="button" name="invert-selection" value="Invert selection"/>
<input class="button check-uncheck hidden" type="button" name="check-uncheck" value="Check/Uncheck all"/>
</div>

Is there any way this can quickly be fixed? I can't imagine I'm the only user experiencing this issue.

denriu4

I'm having the same issue. The issue isn't so much that the buttons are hidden, the issue is that the Javascript code meant to activate those buttons and unhide them isn't working properly. That code looks like this:

// Handle the 'check-uncheck' button
//
var flag_checked = false;
$$('#messagecenter-submissions div.actions .check-uncheck').each(function(elm){
elm.observe('click', function(evt){
$$('center.flow > b input[type="checkbox"]').each(function(elm){
elm.checked = !flag_checked;

var cell = elm.up('b');
elm.checked ? cell.addClassName('checked') : cell.removeClassName('checked');
});
flag_checked = !flag_checked;
});
elm.removeClassName('hidden');
});

My Javascript console throws an error when it hits that "$$" part, saying "$$" is undefined. Maybe they were trying to access jQuery ("$"), or had a custom accessor "$$" that no longer exists. Since this set of lines doesn't run, these buttons aren't activated or unhidden. If you manually unhide the buttons, they still don't actually do anything, since the buttons are never given that "click" function.

I'm also getting an error for " Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token )" in line 292 of /js/prototype.js that I felt disinclined to investigate.

InfinityForever

Well I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only one with this problem, and that it's apparently new due to the date this thread was created. However I know nothing about coding like the previous two posts seem to imply some knowledge so I do hope this is fixed soon, or I know what needs to be done to fix it that is far easier to understand.

Gennie

I'm having this trouble too. Along with hovering over someone's submissions and favorites to pop them up in the preview box not working. Any answer for this problem, or is it going to be another thing that will be fixed absolutely never?

denriu4

Just made this, if anyone desperately needs that check/uncheck button. Figure out how to open your Javascript console on whatever browser you're running (easiest way is usually "right click on anything > 'inspect element' > console tab"), then paste this in:

var inputs = document.getElementsByTagName('input');

for(var i=0; i<inputs.length; i++){
if(inputs.getAttribute('type')=='checkbox'){
inputs.className += " " + "checked";
inputs.checked = true;
}
}

All of the images on the page will then be checked. "Remove checked" will then properly remove all of the checked images - aka, all of the images on that page.
It's a pain, but it works until this gets fixed.

Snow Fang

I had this problem yesterday, but it was fixed sometime during the day.

My problem seems to be fixed now, too! Not sure what solved the issue but I'm glad to see that things are back to normal! I have over 1K submissions to go through and there's no way I could "get through" them all in one sitting . . . if you know what I mean :cool: Now I can slowly chip away at them.

InfinityForever

Just made this, if anyone desperately needs that check/uncheck button. Figure out how to open your Javascript console on whatever browser you're running (easiest way is usually "right click on anything > 'inspect element' > console tab"), then paste this in:

var inputs = document.getElementsByTagName('input');

for(var i=0; i<inputs.length; i++){
if(inputs.getAttribute('type')=='checkbox'){
inputs.className += " " + "checked";
inputs.checked = true;
}
}

All of the images on the page will then be checked. "Remove checked" will then properly remove all of the checked images - aka, all of the images on that page.
It's a pain, but it works until this gets fixed.
I haven't the slightest clue how to paste all that, let alone to where once I've "inspect element" the page. I'm still having this problem...

StevenRoy

If there's an error in the "prototype.js" file, other scripts on FA pages won't activate. This will break a lot of things.

For example, this means that the functions performed by the "Select All" and "Select None" buttons don't actually get attached to the buttons, so the buttons won't work. This is (I assume) why they're hidden by default, then unhidden by the JavaScript.

Anyway, the JavaScript file in question is at http://www.furaffinity.net/js/prototype.js ...If you go to that location directly, you should see a few thousand lines of code. (I count 6082, to be exact.) You can then click "refresh" to ensure that the copy in your browser's cache is correct and up-to-date. (We hope.)

As for how some users ended up getting an apparently corrupt version of that file, I wouldn't care to speculate. Could be a Cloudflare hiccup or some such nonsense.

(Line 292, by the way, should be a single closing brace, "}". If you're seeing an error message in your browser console indicating that there's something else there, we're apparently not looking at the same file!)

quoting_mungo

Try hard refreshing (Ctrl+F5). I've been told this worked for other staff when they got these issues.