• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Mister Metokur's new video about furry fandom

Doodle Bunny

Definitely a rabbit... 100%...
I watched the video.

Mr. Metokur has never been my favorite, but I’d watch him on occasion. His shtick is to be shocking and obnoxious, so I always took what he says with a grain of salt. He’s not being serious unless he’s talking about a legitimately dangerous person.

As for the dude that got his hands amputated, I saw the story update on Twitter. I thought it was because of a disease or an accident. I didn’t think it was self inflicted until that particular video brought it up. If it was, then that dude is kinda fucked.

Dolphanatic

Isn't Metokur aka Internet Aristocrat one of the original Gamergate bigwigs and Bitchute the video hoster nazis use if they get banned from Youtube?

...yeah, gonna pass on watching that, sorry.
Good to know.
I was going to pass just based on the thumbnail.
Isn't he like, a fascist, I remember watching one of his videos explicitly going on about the virtues of Nationalism. If he isn't he is far too adjacent for comfort.

Which is a shame because he has a pretty good sense of humor.

You can disagree with Metokur's political views all you want, but just because he has some strong opinions doesn't mean he's a Nazi, nor does him criticizing the furry fandom mean his opinions are invalid. This tendency among people in the furry fandom to deflect blame and act morally superior whenever any amount of criticism is brought up only makes it easier for the things Metokur is pointing out to keep on happening. Any time someone tries to bring attention to serious issues in this fandom, people scream "Nazi!" and cover their ears, acting like that will somehow make the problems disappear. The fact that people are so quick to go after someone like Milo Yiannopoulos out of fear of getting some bad press while people like Kero the Wolf get away with actual crimes for years should say a lot about how messed up the priorities and morals are for a lot of people in this fandom. As uncomfortable as it is to talk about, Metokur has a point. Until we as a collective community actually make an effort to fight back against disgusting behavior and call out people who deserve it, the furry fandom will only continue to have a horrible reputation.

Apoc-Volkov

Mechanical Mind
You can disagree with Metokur's political views all you want, but just because he has some strong opinions doesn't mean he's a Nazi, nor does him criticizing the furry fandom mean his opinions are invalid. This tendency among people in the furry fandom to deflect blame and act morally superior whenever any amount of criticism is brought up only makes it easier for the things Metokur is pointing out to keep on happening. Any time someone tries to bring attention to serious issues in this fandom, people scream "Nazi!" and cover their ears, acting like that will somehow make the problems disappear. The fact that people are so quick to go after someone like Milo Yiannopoulos out of fear of getting some bad press while people like Kero the Wolf get away with actual crimes for years should say a lot about how messed up the priorities and morals are for a lot of people in this fandom. As uncomfortable as it is to talk about, Metokur has a point. Until we as a collective community actually make an effort to fight back against disgusting behavior and call out people who deserve it, the furry fandom will only continue to have a horrible reputation.
Agreed. I'm reminded of his commentary at the end of his Tumblrisms video about otherkin, wherein he had this to say:

Dakota_

Crazy cat lady
I'm surprised no one's realized that Metokur's accidentally given himself a fursona with that video thumbnail.

I think we all need to draw that cute white cat in that distinctive hat engaging in some serious degeneracy.

TheCynicalViet

New? This is almost two months old! It's not as good as his old videos, though.

I will say this, I do like his use of new visuals.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Agreed. I'm reminded of his commentary at the end of his Tumblrisms video about otherkin, wherein he had this to say:

The worst of it is that this plague has been allowed to escape its Tumblr quarantine to more normal platforms like Twitter, and continues to spread.