• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Monster Hunter but it's Borderlands ?

PC Master Race

The only long-ranged tank/healer you'll ever see
Jin : I can make guns, but... not the usual type of forging them. See, the way I do it is converting and reforming energy into physical weapons. But only temporary. Say... a minute at best.
The taur is a bit bummed that she's not interested in melee weapons, but he doesn't mind.
Jin : What about that baby dragon, by the way ? What're you gonna do with it ?
He glances at the little dragon now simply sitting there and looking at him, its eyes full of curiosity.

Jaredthefox92

(Was giving @Mambi a chance to reply, but okay.)

"No, that is not good for sniping...but, you can make mystical blades, si? Knives and swords with mystical properties?" She asked.

"Keep it for now. Can you make armor for dragon?" She asked rather inquisitively.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<s'ok, consider my last known position exactly what it was...cowering by the train rubble back aways last seen in battle with dragons outgunned and outmanoeuvred, probably dead but maybe not. <wink>)

PC Master Race

(Was giving @Mambi a chance to reply, but okay.)

"No, that is not good for sniping...but, you can make mystical blades, si? Knives and swords with mystical properties?" She asked.

"Keep it for now. Can you make armor for dragon?" She asked rather inquisitively.
The taur nods and waves his hand in the front, there is a flow of bright, fiery aura almost like sunlight that slowly swirls around his hand and forms into the shape of an axe. The handle, head and pommel seem to be made of magma, while the blade is a mix of lava, plasma and sunlight. Needless to say, it's going to do physical/fire damage pretty damn hard.

Jin : I'd suggest using something like an axe, like this, instead of swords, though. This thing can bite much better through their hard scales.
The baby dragon watches as Jin forms the axe, and lets out a yip. Probably the dragon equivalent of a dog's bark, when its curiosity is piqued about something.

<s'ok, consider my last known position exactly what it was...cowering by the train rubble back aways last seen in battle with dragons outgunned and outmanoeuvred, probably dead but maybe not. <wink>)
(I thought you didn't feel like continuing so I progressed, sorry ; you still wanna get back in ?)

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
(I thought you didn't feel like continuing so I progressed, sorry ; you still wanna get back in ?)

(Oh it's fine, you were correct <lol>, I'm just giving a clean out, and a chance to rejoin later on...right now I'm just holding you back. <smile>)

Jaredthefox92

The the sight of the axe she would would shield her eyes from the glowing aura by using her arm and flapping her cape over it as the vixen would protect her sight from the illumination. When it would die down she looks at the axe and sort of bats an eye. While it indeed looked like a powerful weapon, she wasn't for big blunt forced objects. She would simply shake her head.

"Too heavy, do you have smaller weapons? Dagger, small swords, or knives?" She asked.

Now truth be told she didn't reveal she probably would be able to wield it around with her telekinesis, but given the mystical properties of the blade it may rebuke her own psychic powers. Besides, she was known for bartering and driving a hard bargain. She wanted a more graceful weapon, perhaps one that was to show her own status. After all she had quite the ego. Lugging around a huge battle axe just didn't suit her style or fancy.

PC Master Race

The taur listens to the fox's feedback and shrugs.
Jin : I can make swords too, yes, but they wouldn't do very well against those things. Just sayin'.
He moves his hand and the axe starts to "melt" away, into the aura of fire again. This time though, he keeps it a fair distance away from the fox so she wouldn't have to cover her eyes.
The fire now splits apart and forms into 3 swords. A broad sword, a long sword, and a straight-blade katana-like one (with a scabbard too).

Jin : These are my best models for swords. This more your style ?

Jaredthefox92

"I just need sword I can channel mio psychic energy in, dearie." She stated.

"The middle one will do. Not too big, but good weight."

PC Master Race

The taur raises his eyebrows at the fox's response.
Jin : Aye, psychic energy eh ? Can't say I'm knowledgeable enough to get the idea of what you're gonna do with that... but I can make a sword from out of that psychic energy you have, if you want. Same model as the sword you picked there, but not of fire or frost or anything.
He pauses so she can catch up, and reconfirms it.
Jin : The sword will be made from that psychic energy you have. How's that sounds ?

Jaredthefox92

"No no, that is not how it works." She said as she proceeded to place the palm of her hand on her face.

"You cannot 'make' materials out of mi psychic energy. Look, I just need sword made out of these things: Iron, not stainless steel. Actual iron. That or Titanium. NO SILVER! Silver rebukes mio mystical properties. Copper would work too, but is too soft. So is aluminum." She stated.

"I have to have blade that can channel mi powers, si? But also has to be strong enough to wield. One more important thing. I need the word "Bradanska" engraved into the blade, like runes. From hilt to edge. This is VERY important." Amanda stated.

PC Master Race

Jin : Aye, what did you think the axe and sword earlier was from, then, if not MY elemental energy ?
Truth be told, this isn't the first time people reacts this way when he tells them he can literally make weapons out of someone's magic energy. More often than not no-one wants to see it for themselves, so he always ends up giving them nothing more than face-palm.
He shakes his head.
Jin : ... Eh, whatever. Not the first time people think I'm crazy when I tell 'em about it. Which is good in some way, 'cuz I won't have to worry about anyone trying to steal my ideas and techniques.
Then, he shrugs, and waves his hand dismissively again.
Jin : If you insist though... steel is better than iron. But you don't have to insult my craftsmanship by telling me not to use stainless steel for sword. Here, take a look at this, if you like.
To prove his point, he gives her one of the war hammers for her to exam. Though, the way he gives it to her, looks like he's pretty tired from the long day, and now kind of fed up with having to deal with someone that acts like he doesn't know what he's doing.

Jaredthefox92

"No steel, I need NATURAL iron!" She insists.

"Look." She then puts out her hand and the hammer suddenly levitates into her hands. Then her eyes begin to glow once more and she as she holds ono the hammer the entire area on the hammer would glow bright green.

Amanda then grabs onto both hands, presumably as blunt forced melee weapons were not her forte. She then goes over and slams it against some rubble. As she does the hammer flashes upon striking the objects. Leaving a much wider hole and yet showing her signs of mental strain. While she looked like she did more damage than someone her size wielding a simple mallet, it looked like she was dissatisfied with her blow and was trying to prove a point rather than actually try to get used to the hammer.

"It's not hammer, it is materials. Iron is easier for me to put mio telekinetic energy in it than steel. How you say, like magnetism? Si, like magnets. I send current of psychic energy around weapon with mio brain. But, not every material is easy to send energy into." She said as she would let go and levitate the hammer back over to him.

"Pure Iron, cobalt, titanium, these are easiest for me. Oh, and copper. Silver, Gold, and wood? Not so much. Steel feels odd, soulless. I need rich iron directly from Madre Terra." She said, almost babbling like an insane woman.

PC Master Race

Jin watches as the vixen lifts the hammer with her mind as it goes in her hand, then tries to go for a strike with the hammer, enhanced by her psychic power. The damage proves the quality of the weapon, but not her point.
Jin : ... Right then. So I'm not the only one that sounds crazy, eh ? Iron it is then.
He clicks his tongue, then motions his hand as well. The hammer now goes in his hand, but it doesn't seem like telekinesis or psychic of any sort. In fact, both Amanda and the baby dragon might feel the "pull" of the energy flow for a bit there.
Gravity. Has to be it.
The way he handles the hammer, definitely tells that he's experienced with this kind of weapon. Fitting someone of his build, obviously.
He then glances to the baby dragon, asking it in a joking manner, and chuckles.
Jin : What about you, lil' fella ? Ya want anything from this "old" blacksmith ?
It playfully pats its front paw on the taur's front leg, followed by a "yip".
Jin : ... Heh, reminds me of my 3 adopted kids. Also dragons.

Jaredthefox92

"I know what I'm talking about, trust me." she simply said as she pointed.

"The magic will go in the runes, it is a family blessing. I shall bless it with mio own blood. Mio own family name shall grace the blade." She said.

She would notice the pull, and surely presumed the taur was also mystical. However, it was hard to explain how her own natural powers work from her mystical family linage. So she presumed that if she would allow the blacksmith to merely empower the blade with her own blood that would be for the best. She would then look down at the baby dragon and give a smile.

"Could you make dragon armor? At least so it doesn't get scratched by larger dragons?" She asked.

"I have daughter, Bianca is her name." She said after Jin spoke of his adopted children.

PC Master Race

The taur listens to the vixen's explanation, and he slowly starts to doubt her statement of knowing what she's talking about. Especially when blood is mentioned. His surprise is shown by his eyes, widened.
Jin : Uuuuh, blood ?... That's pretty hard-core, girl.
He doesn't dismiss how it works. He has seen his fair share of crazy things that are best left unexplained. Sometimes, even souls.
But even so, he won't deny that the vixen does catch him off-guard.
On the subject of children, he looks at the dragon.
Jin : ... I'm not good at making armors like with weapons, but I CAN make 'em out of magic energy, so that size and quality is guaranteed, perfect fit and real hard to break.
The baby dragon lets out an excited yip, as if already wanting to see what the taur can do. He gently pets its head.
Jin : Heh, eager are we ?... When we get back to my workshop, I'll make ya one.

Jaredthefox92

"Si, just add the letters in the blade of sword. I will preform family ritual afterwards." She stated as she nodded.

"Whatever works, bulky armor does not work well with me. I prefer to be on move, but dragon needs protection." She stated.

PC Master Race

Jin : Right. Right. Runes. Got it.
He still feels bummed that his claim to be able to forge magic energy into equiment is taken as nothing more than bluffs with nothing to back up. Like the vixen, he does have his own pride and ego, and that is his craftsmanship.
When his skills are questioned and challenged, he feels pretty irritated.
But he just has to let it slide for now.
The baby dragon now looks a bit tired, as it lets out a yawn and lies down, in between the taur and the vixen.
Jin : Seems like it's sleepy.

Jaredthefox92

"Si, bene." She said as she nodded.

"Do we have tents established for little dragon to sleep? We need to make sure they cannot be taken at night by the larger dragons. They need a place to sleep." She stated.

PC Master Race

Jin : I don't think we do. This whole attack caught us off-guard, after all.
The taur looks back at the train wreckage and the small campfire next to it.
No-one has any sleeping bag or anything to rest overnight out in the open. They have gone back into the train and try to get some sleep at the seats that aren't knocked aside.
Jin : Guess that's that.
He shrugs, then shape-shifts into his anthro form (but otherwise still the boar, with the scorpion tail). The baby dragon jumps a bit at his change, and "barks" at him, obviously startled at the shapeshifting.
He gently pets its head to calm it down.
Jin : Heh, sorry kid.
Then he takes his weapons with him, back inside the train.

PC Master Race

The night was not easy for the survivors of the train crash. They encounterd a sand leech-worm three times the length and size of a python. They managed to keep the monstrosity away long enough, thanks to Jin's defensive power with gravity and the six elements, making sure that no-one got even so much as a scratch from the thing, and at the same time boosting the bullet damage of their guns to keep it off, until the search-and-rescue team arrived and help them escape. However, Jin was traumatized.
When they get back to the town, it's about 11am, and the taur is exhausted.
His workshop doesn't open until 3pm after that. But when it does, it's at its prime.
For a workshop of quite the modest size, it's filled to the brim with melee weapons of various models, on the walls. Swords, axes, hammers, polearms, and so on. Most of them are made of steel and silver.