• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

more evidence that the us is fading into destruction.

X

The Monster Under Your Bed
the fda declares a form of vitamin b, naturally found in foods, vitamins, and plants an illegal drug.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=116_1234680922

a farmer in Arizona detains a group of illegal Mexicans immigrating into the us, and gets sued by them, he gets an unfair and biased trial.
All six plaintiffs are citizens of Mexico, five of whom are living in the United States with visa applications pending, and the sixth resides in Mexico but was allowed into the U.S. for the trial.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6267853.html

if anyone else has examples of our failing legal system, failing gov't and downfall of a country as a whole post a link to it.

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
This must be why the US has moved up to the #2 spot for immigrants into Canada of late. :)

Panzermanathod

SHAVE ALL FUR! BALDIES FTW!!!
Although these are some strange cases, weird stories about the US legal system has been around for years.

Besides, is it *really* necessary to make a "why the US sucks" thread? I mean, I'm not at all patriotic, but it seems unnecessary.

X

Although these are some strange cases, weird stories about the US legal system has been around for years.

Besides, is it *really* necessary to make a "why the US sucks" thread? I mean, I'm not at all patriotic, but it seems unnecessary.

its more of a "look whats happening, here's your warning" thread than a "why the us sucks" thread, im not ranting about anything here.

Panzermanathod

I dunno. The whole thread is pretty much the "US is sucking" thread. The US has it's problems, but having a thread centering on its problems seems rather pretentious.

And the whole "warning" aspect... how is Vitaman B6 being classified as a drug a "warning"?

And what made the trial biased and unfair?

X

And what made the trial biased and unfair?
All six plaintiffs are citizens of Mexico, five of whom are living in the United States with visa applications pending, and the sixth resides in Mexico but was allowed into the U.S. for the trial.

does that answer it? all of the plaintiffs were Mexican citizens, they don't even legally reside in the us.

Panzermanathod

A federal jury found Tuesday that a southern Arizona rancher didn't violate the civil rights of a group of illegal immigrants who said he detained them at gunpoint in 2004. The eight-member civil jury also found Roger Barnett wasn't liable on claims of battery and false imprisonment.
But the jury did find him liable on four claims of assault and four claims of infliction of emotional distress and ordered Barnett to pay $77,804 in damages — $60,000 of which were punitive.

So, the Mexicans sue, and the rancher is now liable for claims of assault and infliction of emotional distress.

Is there something I'm missing here? I still can't see what's so unfair, aside from illegal immigrants being able to sue an American. But I cannot claim to know about the laws surrounding suing foreigners.

So, the Mexicans sue, and the rancher is now liable for claims of assault and infliction of emotional distress.

Is there something I'm missing here? I still can't see what's so unfair, aside from illegal immigrants being able to sue an American. But I cannot claim to know about the laws surrounding suing foreigners.

I think the problem is half-witted fur thinks plaintiff means juror :V . Either that or he thinks Americans should be able to do whatever they want to foreigners on American soil.

Panzermanathod

Admittedly, I had to look up what plaintiff meant just to see why he said the trial was unfair.

ceacar99

behold my boomstick!

the main question i have is if he actually detained them on his property or if he caught them on the highways as the article provided hinted at. its one thing to detain someone for trespassing and bringing them into the local law and saying "oh by the way i think they may be illegals" and another thing altogether in detaining "random" people along the street.

Panzermanathod

I kinda doubt it was on his property. As you said, it was "hinted" that he caught them on the highways or whatnot. And since he was called a "vigilante", it's a rather strong implication that it wasn't on his land.

L

LizardKing

i know what plaintiff means because i read john grisham books :3

T

Tycho

If the farmer violated their rights as human beings then it won't matter where they're from or how they got here. This is why it's better to let the authorities deal with the illegals and shit - they can do it from behind the shield of law enforcement. Knowing what you can and can not do legally helps a lot. As for the lawsuit, I hope those fucking bitch-ass wetbacks (yeah, I said it.) get deported or something before they see a single dime.

Corto

I don't get all of these "the US is going to hell" cries. So the US has bad stuff in it. So what? It's not like the country is fucking itself up because a vigilante farmer that stopped immigrants on the street is being sued. If anything I'd rather have that than a country that doesn't allow you to sue or do that kinda crap at all. Also, about all of this "the US is screwing itself up" mentality: When was the country perfect? Was it back when it was pulling military coups and helping dictators in every south american country they could find in the map? Or during the nuclear arms race? During the segregation, the McCarthy witch hunts, the Great Depression or, further back, during the times of slavery, the Civil War or when you slaughtered the native population? All of these complains make it look like the US was some kind of Utopia that is now decaying when in reality it wasn't even a superpower until the Great War, and it hasn't been a country of puppies and rainbows after that. It seems like every inane thing is now considered as proof of how the once perfect and dreamlike world of the United States of America is turning into a mixture of Nazi Germany and Dark Ages Europe. Give me a break.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
Forget immigrating to Canada, I'm trying to figure out what I gotta do to immigrate to reality.

Panzermanathod

I don't get all of these "the US is going to hell" cries. So the US has bad stuff in it. So what? It's not like the country is fucking itself up because a vigilante farmer that stopped immigrants on the street is being sued. If anything I'd rather have that than a country that doesn't allow you to sue or do that kinda crap at all. Also, about all of this "the US is screwing itself up" mentality: When was the country perfect? Was it back when it was pulling military coups and helping dictators in every south american country they could find in the map? Or during the nuclear arms race? During the segregation, the McCarthy witch hunts, the Great Depression or, further back, during the times of slavery, the Civil War or when you slaughtered the native population? All of these complains make it look like the US was some kind of Utopia that is now decaying when in reality it wasn't even a superpower until the Great War, and it hasn't been a country of puppies and rainbows after that. It seems like every inane thing is now considered as proof of how the once perfect and dreamlike world of the United States of America is turning into a mixture of Nazi Germany and Dark Ages Europe. Give me a break.

Couldn't have said it better myself. No, really, I couldn't I said the same thing earlier and you said it much, much better.

Yeah, America has a bunch of ignorant people... what country doesn't?

Toaster

no matter where you go it sucks, its the way of the world. btw, how's canada's gov. work? i may want to move there when i'm 18.