• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

More Wii remakes

BloodYoshi

http://kotaku.com/5058472/there-are...i-remakes-coming-pikmin-2-jungle-beat-etc-etc

For those who haven't heard, there are quite a few more Wii remakes on the way, notable ones including Metroid Prime 1 and 2, and the original Pikmin. The games will be outfitted with Wii controls, (The Metroid games having controls identical to Corruption) and sell at budget prices because someone at Nintendo understood that people don't want to pay full price for a remake.

My question to you folks is, will this sell? Will this be good? Do you even care? Does it seem like a desperate attempt to get a few more decent titles on the system overrun with shovelware?

I'm getting a bit sick of all the "Wii-makes" developers are churning out. I am excited to be able to play Metroid Prime 1 and 2 with the same pinpoint precision that Corruption had, though. Pitch in thoughtfully :)

TwilightV

HELL YEAH!!!
I posted about this a while back. I heard that they released an item in Animal Crossing to promote the rerelease of Pikmin (in the PAL region).

Kitoth

I think it depends some games yes I'd like to see re-makes of but some do not need to be, for me I sill need to finish Prime 2:echoes and I actualyl rather use the GCN controller than Wii remote. I mean i've been playing Sonic and the secret rings finally after my brother traded it to me for a game we had bought together so I'd have something fair and i must say it can be annoying at times. I mean if they plan to make more games where the Wii mote has to be used on its side, they should have a sensor on the side as well for better controlling.

But overall I'd rather see new games from their first and 2nd party companies like a NEW Star fox game,, Kid Icarus,(last i heard still just a rumor), and so on.

Also would be nice if they could adapt older Wii games to Wii-Speak i mean i am sure there can be a software thing to do it.

Btw do you or anyone know a site that has a good review of the Wii-ware and VC games cause i have 2400 points and no idea what to get. rather look at some place where ppl talk about the games without spoilers.

Wolf-Bone

Banned
Banned
I feel kind've sorry for people who bought a Wii unless they didn't already have a Gamecube. I mean yeah, I know it's not that hard to do the minimal investigating needed to know it's essentially Gamecube hardware and have been able to see the writing on the wall, but even I never figured they'd have the audacity to bank on ports to the extent they have - and yes, they're ports. Not remakes. The Gamecube version of Resident Evil was a remake, the Saturn version was a port, ya dig? Adding Wiimote functionality doesn't make it a new game. But I digress. People shouldn't have to investigate every new gaming system to know something other than the controller will be new.

AlexX

Calamity in Heaven
The thing with the Wii is that there's so much potential they're simply not using. I'm hoping they'll fix this with time though, because the DS's second screen was used for little more than an easy-access map/inventory screen early on in its life before later games starting making creative use of it.

That said, I still don't regret my choice of the 3. I can rarily afford new games and the ones I already do have are lasting me longer than any other console's games probably would have lasted.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
I still think they should make a third-person adventure game where you use the Wii-Mote to adjust the camera similar to a mouse in some PC games or a God-game for the Wii where the "hand of god" is more or less controlled by the Wii-Mote and can be right-or lefthanded.

But then again though too bad everyone hated Black and White and who remembers Populous?

Dyluck

hi ilu :>
I still think they should make a third-person adventure game where you use the Wii-Mote to adjust the camera similar to a mouse in some PC games or a God-game for the Wii where the "hand of god" is more or less controlled by the Wii-Mote and can be right-or lefthanded.

But then again though too bad everyone hated Black and White and who remembers Populous?

I don't think that the Wii is powerful enough to run God games. :V

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake

*waves hands* i do! good game^^

while nintendo will make a lot of money with ports i think that the whole new play controll thing is a good idea. im looking forward to play metroid prime 1 and 2 with the wiimote, prime 3 was just awesome^^

Last edited:

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
How about a Shenmu Wiimake for all us silly sods who missed it the first time round?

That is if Sega can be arsed.

srsly, that would be awesome :O

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
They should do a new crystalis game. (although the first was pretty damn perfect for its time) I'd like to see what they could do for that game with all the new graphic tech that we have nowadays.

-Lucario-

I'd buy them, but only the ones I've never played before like metroid prime 1 and 2.

AlexX

Calamity in Heaven
You'll be surprised at the Nintendo fanboys around here.
Just because a person says Nintendo does NOT suck doesn't automatically make them a fanboy.

Seriously, don't people know the meaning of the term "fanboy" around here anymore?

Stratelier

ChillCoyotl said:
For those who haven't heard, there are quite a few more Wii remakes on the way, notable ones including Metroid Prime 1 and 2, and the original Pikmin. The games will be outfitted with Wii controls, (The Metroid games having controls identical to Corruption) and sell at budget prices because someone at Nintendo understood that people don't want to pay full price for a remake.
I'm getting a bit sick of all the "Wii-makes" developers are churning out. I am excited to be able to play Metroid Prime 1 and 2 with the same pinpoint precision that Corruption had, though. Pitch in thoughtfully :)
I remember beating Thardus in Metroid Prime 1 without using my Thermal Visor to find his weak points (e.g., using R to aim, then L to lock the view so I could move around). Man, emerging victorious by pure skill was awesome.