• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Most common Fursona

Beastcub

as a fursuit maker i like to look at fursuit photos both to compare my work to others and to admire these walking art forms.

in this process though i noticed certain animals are more common than others, and i think i can safely assume that for the most part one's choice for a fursuit animal reflects their fursona.

so i made a list of the top 10 i have seen for this poll

G

Glennjam

derr umm where is my poll? >_<
first time posting poll and i some how messed it up

oh well i guess lets turn this thread into a "name what you think is the top 10, in order"
my top ten were
1 wolf
2 fox
3 dog
4 raccoon
5 tiger
6 other feline (including house cat)
7 skunk
8 dragon
9 pandas (both giant and red)
10 kangaroo

That seems about right, when I chose my species I ignored the fact that wolves are really common and just went with what I felt was closest to my personality, but I suppose there are people who choose animals cause they look cool.

Magikian

Cecret Blown Susiness.
derr umm where is my poll? >_<
first time posting poll and i some how messed it up

oh well i guess lets turn this thread into a "name what you think is the top 10, in order"
my top ten were
1 wolf
2 fox
3 dog
4 raccoon
5 tiger
6 other feline (including house cat)
7 skunk
8 dragon
9 pandas (both giant and red)
10 kangaroo

Well, I'm not the stereotypical fox.. In other words, I'm not the bitch xD

Magikian

Cecret Blown Susiness.
It's not about the stereotypes, it's about how many people associate themselves with certain species.

And mostly girly-boys choose a fox, making the main stereotype the way it is.

Tapeworm

Big fat worm monster
I mostly agree with that, but I'd say that dragons are more popular then where you put them.

Mirka

Well, being a husky / malamute myself - I've seen a lot of Huskies so far... especially with fursuits. Honestly though, Huskies aren't my favorite breed of dogs; I love the breed don't get me wrong, but I love Beagles more. :X The reason why I'm not a beagle though, is because I don't think it really fits me. I'm more of a husky/malamute mix...it's hard to explain. XP

I do agree with your list, Beastcub - though, I don't think I've seen a Kangaroo fursona yet O.x - I've seen a few otters though; If I was making a list, I'd probably just take your list and replace Kangaroo with Otter.

Midi Bear

11/10/08
My list.. basically beastcub's but changed a bit..

1 Wolf
2 Fox
3 Dog
4 Dragon
5 Racoon
6 Skunk
7 Domestic cat
8 Wild cat
9 Bear
10 Kangaroo

:O Stain's not the stereotypical wolf!
1. He can haz Eastern Timber Wolf
2. He's not a SUPER MUSCLEIE!!!!!11!11!1!!!11!1 Hypersexual experimented Uber Wolf who looks like he's 20-something but his soul is OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!! years old.

Marodi

That seems about right, when I chose my species I ignored the fact that wolves are really common and just went with what I felt was closest to my personality, but I suppose there are people who choose animals cause they look cool.
Whos realy cares if your fursona species is common? I sure as hell didn't when i picked fox. I dislike the fact that people think the rarer, the better.

Wreth

GERTY
Yay for fursonas of animals that no one has heard of! Such as my fursona a dhole.

Foxes... I know way too many foxes. And wolves, and dogs.

Everyone's a fucking canine.

Fuck this shit, I'm rebelling as of now. I'm a dryad, bitches. Me and my fairy buddie are going to glitter up your world. Does that sparkle and shine with you?

Kano

Beatlemaniac
Most canines. Wolves, foxes, dogs.... And there's PLENTY of dragons as well.

bane233

the cowboy wolf/roo
dude i think otters should be in the top ten i see a lot more of them then tigers.

kumakaze

Milkbone McTreataddict
Yay, I'm number three! I'm popular!

Link Wolf

Well, I wanna control Pop Star
I don't think I've seen that many kangaroos. I think I've seen more otters, really.. but I guess it depends on where you go and who you know.

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
Hmmmm....my list would go this way:

Fox
Wolf
Dog
Cat (domestic)
Cat (wild)
Dragon
Skunk
Rodent
Bird
Hooved Ungulates.

That is my list, quite different from Beastcub's in the bottom half.