• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Most maddening thing in the furry fandom?

Kangamutt

Touchy people. People need to learn to keep their hands to themselves in this fandom.

You sure? I looked on Wiki and couldn't find it.

The :V is pretty much a thing only on this forum.

NoahGryphon

Random pouncing
Ok, I'm gonna give a serious answer:

Nothing has pissed me off so far. Some things have weirded me out, but I haven't exactly gone looking for them, so it's no biggie to me.

I am probably one of a small percentage that has not had any bad experiences [yet] with the fandom.

>3< not really. only vetrans have bad stuff happen to them.

Carnau

Ice cream is the only way
What bothers me is the pride for the most part actually.
It can make so many furries think they're better than others and cause some real bitterness through the fandom sometimes. If not that, you got those lifestyle furries who wear fur-pride buttons and make other furries look bad by doing embarrassing things out in public. And then there's also the ever proud sick fetishists who think the world needs to accept their fantasies no matter how depraved.

So yeah, pride.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
What annoys me the most is when furries compare themselves to minority groups and claim persecution when a furry meets other furries that aren't like them at all.

Or play the "true scotsman" card.

That and the cult mentality.

The ":V" face is starting to branch outside of the forums into the FA community. Which is ironic because a local I know uses it as a cop-out for being a tightwad jagoff.

D

Deleted member 82554

Yeah it does get thrashed here, but I am seeing it elsewhere too.

I think it's catching on.

That's because it doesn't exist outside of here any longer.
It was abandoned by the Internet long ago

Well that just proves it then, there are some things that even the Internet won't touch.

Cant blame it, though, that emoticon is like cancer.

The ":V" face is starting to branch outside of the forums into the FA community. Which is ironic because a local I know uses it as a cop-out for being a tightwad jagoff.

Yup, been seeing it a lot elsewhere too.

And of cause this one :U

Last edited by a moderator:

Kangamutt

That doesn't surprise me. It's bound to leak out, and be abused.

Inpw

Roller Coaster Imagineer.
He hehehe hehehe hehehehehehehehehehehe
I love you.
I really do.
If you were a troll I'd hug you, but you're probably not so don't touch me.
But still.

I imagined this as lyrics in a new Pop EDM style song.

V

Verok

The amount of USI (Unwarranted Self Importance) within many artists in the fandom.

NoahGryphon

Random pouncing
My dark secret is that I once played my aspie card so I could be left alone

but they didnt believe me

/actually has

Lucky :/ with me its pretty obvious if you know the symptons. and do you ever randomly rotate things? i do that ALOT

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
That's hardly ironic; it's all it was used for.

It wasn't constructed to be in the least bit sarcastic.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
The "Tumblr furries" and drama queens who whine about fursecution, and hysterically compare their experiences with those of Holocaust victims and Matthew Shepard. It serves to make the entire community look bad, and gives people an excuse and a reason to discredit and ignore any and all complaints related to anti-furry bias or bullying.

The sperg-furs who can't resist going on TV and making asses of themselves, and the people who enable or encourage them.

People who believe that toleration necessarily involves celebration, and that "accepting" someone requires that one allow them to behave however they wish.

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch
I don't really care about the bad art, stupidity, drama, what piss me off is the fucking large amount fetish and people who sexualizes everything, god fucking dammit stay that shit away from me

Jabberwocky

bitch where
most maddening thing?
rubber :V
it brings out the pyromaniac in me

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
Yeah it does get thrashed here, but I am seeing it elsewhere too.

I think it's catching on.

Well that just proves it then, there are some things that even the Internet won't touch.

Cant blame it, though, that emoticon is like cancer.

Yup, been seeing it a lot elsewhere too.

And of cause this one :U

You're face is cancer

:V

Inpw

Roller Coaster Imagineer.
People coming on here enforcing their own perception of what an anthro art fan must be like saying shit like:

"You’re not real furries because you’re all to mean to be furries and furries should not eat meat or kill animals and nu nu nuuuuu."