• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Most maddening thing in the furry fandom?

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
People coming on here enforcing their own perception of what an anthro art fan must be like saying shit like:

"You’re not real furries because you’re all to mean to be furries and furries should not eat meat or kill animals and nu nu nuuuuu."
i though this is a hobbie not a friking way of life. damn misdirected furs. further more, arent we allowed (if not supposed) to eat meat if our anthropomorphic personality is a carnivore

NoahGryphon

Random pouncing
People coming on here enforcing their own perception of what an anthro art fan must be like saying shit like:

"You’re not real furries because you’re all to mean to be furries and furries should not eat meat or kill animals and nu nu nuuuuu."

the only animal killing i endorse or find ok is deer hunting. i dont want to consantly run over deer

Smuttymutt

How negative and sad a lot of people are and how easily being nice to someone causes them to dump their life issues on you -.-

Igglez

I have a tummy. You jelly?
I think its the persistent dichotomies between the fact that there are HUGE fetish culture subsets in the fandom and how they are treated by the self imposed 'mainstream' fandom annoys me somewhat.

By which I mean, yes its okay to revile someone for doing something plain illegal and immoral. Yes its okay to complain about sexual harassment. Its okay to dislike folks who are assholes to you (you are not forced to associate with anybody). What is not okay is lumping everybody who is not into the same thing into the same bucket. Quite frankly, fetishes are weird, people are weird, this does not mean these people are bad.

And hell, if the way someone is acting bothers you, politely tell them whats what and they will most likely change their tune. People HATE feeling like they've done wrong especially when you can put it a very polite critique. Passively aggressively sniping someone for a behavior you do not like will only exacerbate that behavior because they would see that as assholish. ON top of this, sometimes people Don't know they are acting weird/annoying and etc.

Igglez

How negative and sad a lot of people are and how easily being nice to someone causes them to dump their life issues on you -.-
Haw, I think this is just a general problem on the internet. ... but I think I am guilty of it because I simply don't know what to talk about then I end up appearing as a total self-absorb jerkbag.

Smuttymutt

And hell, if the way someone is acting bothers you, politely tell them whats what and they will most likely change their tune. People HATE feeling like they've done wrong especially when you can put it a very polite critique. Passively aggressively sniping someone for a behavior you do not like will only exacerbate that behavior because they would see that as assholish. ON top of this, sometimes people Don't know they are acting weird/annoying and etc.

Its not really anyone else job to make sure they act a certain way so you can maintain happiness but thats just my opinion on it. One person thinking you are annoying doesnt mean its true.

Igglez

Its not really anyone else job to make sure they act a certain way so you can maintain happiness but thats just my opinion on it. One person thinking you are annoying doesnt mean its true.
Well yeah, but it doesn't take that much effort either.

Secondly, yes that is somewhat true too. But I mean in more of the context of someone being in obvious need of help in this regard. Such as the case with Jim Sterling (video game journalist) who didn't know him using awful and misogynistic words were making a huge portion of his audience VERY uncomfortable. And once he was politely corrected he was basically "Oh shit, I've been doing something wrong!"

Last edited:

Smuttymutt

Haw, I think this is just a general problem on the internet. ... but I think I am guilty of it because I simply don't know what to talk about then I end up appearing as a total self-absorb jerkbag.

Depends on what part of the internet you live ;) Its ok. I thrust my joy upon others sometimes to balance it out =V

NoahGryphon

Random pouncing
I think its the persistent dichotomies between the fact that there are HUGE fetish culture subsets in the fandom and how they are treated by the self imposed 'mainstream' fandom annoys me somewhat.

By which I mean, yes its okay to revile someone for doing something plain illegal and immoral. Yes its okay to complain about sexual harassment. Its okay to dislike folks who are assholes to you (you are not forced to associate with anybody). What is not okay is lumping everybody who is not into the same thing into the same bucket. Quite frankly, fetishes are weird, people are weird, this does not mean these people are bad.

i agree wit hthe part about fetishes :D

D

Deleted member 82554

the only animal killing i endorse or find ok is deer hunting. i dont want to consantly run over deer

But what about all the deer furs? For the love of jeebus think about the deer furs.

Smuttymutt

Well yeah, but it doesn't take that much effort either.

Secondly, yes that is somewhat true too. But I mean in more of the context of someone being in obvious need of help in this regard. Such as the case with Jim Sterling (video game journalist) who didn't know him using awful and misogynistic words were making a huge portion of his audience VERY uncomfortable. And once he was politely corrected he was basically "Oh shit, I've been doing something wrong!"

Idk.... trying to make everyone around you act in a way that makes you happy sounds like a lot of work to me. Id rather be able to be happy regardless.

dawgz

You actually describe how I am. If I don't have anything meaningful to contribute, I just lurk.

As for pet peeves, I haven't participated enough in this forum over a wide enough area to develop any. As with any forum, I spend a bit of time looking things over before I join. Given the reason why this one exists, I expect that there is going to be an exceptionally wide variety of personalities, with most being much more on the surface than what they might be in other forums. One can either learn to roll with it, or they will need to analyze whether or not they're in the right place. FA's quirks are nothing compared to the political forum that I participate in. >:D Opinions here are strong as everyone recognizes that this is a "fringe" lifestyle where the uncouth actions of one can have huge impacts on the overall public image of the whole.

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
I hate all of you.
Sincerely.

I go back to my original answer "Furries".
JFC