• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Most maddening thing in the furry fandom?

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Its not really anyone else job to make sure they act a certain way so you can maintain happiness but thats just my opinion on it. One person thinking you are annoying doesnt mean its true.
But if several people think so then maybe it isn't they who have the issue. After a certain point people get fed up with trying to gently put things to people because either A. They can't take a hint or B. They get defensive and whine how mean we are.

Inpw

Roller Coaster Imagineer.
ok i meant id only kill the required amount of deer to make it so they dont get overpopulated.

It's called culling wildlife. You might be in for a debate saying this even though I myself have no problem with it, especially if it becomes a serious problem for the species' food supply. But there are a huge amount of people believing culling is wrong.

Some of those vegan peta furs I mentioned could still be lurking these forums. It's been a long time since someone went completely nuts, this used to be a daily thing just a few months ago.

Last edited:

NoahGryphon

Random pouncing
It's called culling wildlife. You might be in for a debate saying this even though I myself have no problem with it, especially if it becomes a serious problem for the species' food supply. But there are a huge amount of people believing culling is wrong.

Some of those vegan peta furs I mentioned could still be lurking these forums. It's been a long time since someone went completely nuts, this used to be a daily thing just a few months ago.

i just want every single PETA member to be tortured to death

Kangamutt

i just want every single PETA member to be tortured to death

Ow, the irony. So much it hurts. Uggggh, someone call doktor.

EDIT: Oh, hey! Something that irks me in the fandom! People that are staunchly against killing animals, but seem to fly off the handle over wanting to kill people.

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
The fetish / sexualization aspect. Do what you want in your bedroom, but don't tell me, and keep it the FUCK away from me.

When furries whine about "acceptance" and how they get ostracized for wearing their fursuit to school / work / grandma's funeral.

When people tolerate or give tips to the animal rapists about how they could better get away with keeping and raping their animal.

Furries who have this mentality that everyone in the fandom has to get along, or support each other, on the sole basis of sharing something in common that has just as much weight as "I like medieval fantasy." Because clearly that means that every other aspect of their personality will be completely harmonic with everyone else's, because of that one single interest.

Smuttymutt

But if several people think so then maybe it isn't they who have the issue. After a certain point people get fed up with trying to gently put things to people because either A. They can't take a hint or B. They get defensive and whine how mean we are.

Sounds like you get defensive about people being defensive and calling you mean. My point was not ever having it go to that level where all the people have to act a certain way for you to be happy. But thats just my thing. You can keep getting angry if you like, I dont mind.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
We’ll this thread have been bending off topic since it started. So I might as well just add a bit to the irony.

Yeah it's been bouncing about.

I don't think people hate the fact the sexual part of the fandom exist. I think people's issues with it is that there's a time and place. Just because some kids like anime, you don't go out and show them yaoi, hentai and other smut. You know it's not appropriate and refrain till you know where's a more appropriate venue (like maybe your college buddies open to it). The same thing is with the fandom here. People aren't so much reviled by sex - but there are people who lack tact to just post it out there not realizing there's a wide variety of folks into the fandom for various reasons / commitment levels. Hold off a bit on telling people about your fictional cawk and tig ol' bitties.

Wither

Is honestly confused by life.
(psst... can someone tell me what is going on here? I look at the title, then at the posts and I just get completely confused.)
I forgot how fucking insanely derailed these types of threads get. The topic got so derailed that it re-railed. A full 360.

I think the most maddening thing in this fandom is the expectations.
Everyone expects some sort of way furries people act or how the atmosphere is supposed to be. It's like people expect us to be hivemind or communist robots without emotions. That's not the way humanity works.
Oh, yeah, furries are human beings too, the fuck do you think we are? I mean, seriously, do they expect us to be this alien culture that uses the fandom as a front, sneaking in to the social and global media to learn how Earthlings act and think? And this forum is but a commune place for the species, that being why all the new people (non aliens) are shunned:)V)? Is Dragoneer our overlord? Arshes the communications director?

What about places like Weasyl then? Are they a group of rogue aliens that broke off from the pack to start a new colony? InkBunny being the group of horny aliens? SoFurry being the more Literate group of aliens, perfecting the ways of the human languages and story telling?

Iiiiiii think i'm bored and need something to do. I actually wrote more but i deleted it.

NoahGryphon

Random pouncing
(psst... can someone tell me what is going on here? I look at the title, then at the posts and I just get completely confused.)
I forgot how fucking insanely derailed these types of threads get. The topic got so derailed that it re-railed. A full 360.

I think the most maddening thing in this fandom is the expectations.
Everyone expects some sort of way furries people act or how the atmosphere is supposed to be. It's like people expect us to be hivemind or communist robots without emotions. That's not the way humanity works.
Oh, yeah, furries are human beings too, the fuck do you think we are? I mean, seriously, do they expect us to be this alien culture that uses the fandom as a front, sneaking in to the social and global media to learn how Earthlings act and think? And this forum is but a commune place for the species, that being why all the new people (non aliens) are shunned:)V)? Is Dragoneer our overlord? Arshes the communications director?

What about places like Weasyl then? Are they a group of rogue aliens that broke off from the pack to start a new colony? InkBunny being the group of horny aliens? SoFurry being the more Literate group of aliens, perfecting the ways of the human languages and story telling?

Iiiiiii think i'm bored and need something to do. I actually wrote more but i deleted it.

>_> well i have a owl soul not a human soul. and another thing i hate is when anyone has power where they shouldent. so if dragoneer really was the leader id assassinate him :3

Jabberwocky

bitch where
>_> well i have a owl soul not a human soul. and another thing i hate is when anyone has power where they shouldent. so if dragoneer really was the leader id assassinate him :3

the fuck is wrong with you

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
the fuck is wrong with you

The maddening thing is that furries think they're great at improv which is why you see some spectacular fails that incite unnecessary rage :p

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch

You don't fucking have a owl soul, owls don't have souls, humans don't have soul, ANYTHING HAS A FUCKING SOUL

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
The worse thing in the fandom is the attention seekers. Exhibition A is on show.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Sounds like you get defensive about people being defensive and calling you mean. My point was not ever having it go to that level where all the people have to act a certain way for you to be happy. But thats just my thing. You can keep getting angry if you like, I dont mind.

Except I wasn't angry. It's legit something that happens because people don't like bluntness. Note that there's a different between bluntness and actual negativity.

Bambi

Yeah it's been bouncing about.

I don't think people hate the fact the sexual part of the fandom exist. I think people's issues with it is that there's a time and place. Just because some kids like anime, you don't go out and show them yaoi, hentai and other smut.
I disagree, respectfully, of course!

Art has no boundaries, and those seeking the adventure of the abyss would do well to remember what they're getting into. Deconstructing the psychological barrier by which people attempt to segregate themselves from their desires, walking into a cold place and immediately wanting heat is generally congratulated as the will to power, the Ãœbermensch seeking to alleviate their relative discomfort feel that power grants them the executive right to do so. However what we confuse for power and the goal setting of a congenial intellect of young minds open to greater ideas, is really nothing more than a panicked collection of gullible teenagers all struggling to stay afloat well into their adulthood, emulating the desires of their parents in a cognitive panic that now is fraught with the additional peril of having to live and make decisions that this time, happen to be a little bit more permanent.

Now, all of this matters because it's centered on the strength of what you feel to be a necessary merit, that there's a time and place for everything; in reality, that virtue is more a poisonous, self-serving con, because once the 'when' and 'where' of the conversation is handed over to the powerful, we quickly find that they had never intended to have the conversation all along. I think what it really amounts to is some people not wanting the conversation, period, for whatever subjective reasons they're unable to defend, or reinforce with facts. Of course, as I hinted at above, this is entirely because most of the people against sexual discussions in the fandom are precisely the age demographic that is the most depressed and concerned with how they're going to leave 18 to 30.

In their minds, they rationalize sexual discussions to be bad, for many of the most known reasons, but also for this one in particular, because sexual discussions hurt them. In some way, for some reason, it does, and this sabotages their ability to correct their course back onto their intended goal.

Again, all of this respectful.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
The lack of creativity of 'sonas.

We don't need any more 'loner, but nice when you get to know them,' raver foxes/wolves plz. Give me a seahorse-sona NOW. Or at least a turkey vulture. Anything to mix things up. There are so many species out there.