• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Most maddening thing in the furry fandom?

Pantheros

you are me, and i am you
Man, this thread is just a drama show of realists vs spirituolists. Better go get some more popcorn.

Carnau

Ice cream is the only way
Yeah spiritualists don't do this sort of slobbering bat-shit crazy stuff. I mean... The closest they get to animals is like Native American spirit animals and such, but they don't actually believe that they possess an animal soul.
The lack of creativity of 'sonas.
If it's any consolation to you, I am an alpaca. *high five*

Last edited:

NoahGryphon

Random pouncing
Yeah spiritualists don't do this sort of slobbering bat-shit crazy stuff. I mean... The closest they get to animals is like Native American spirit animals and such, but they don't actually believe that they possess an animal soul.

If it's any consolation to you, I am an alpaca. *high five*

i know a otherkin who says he can LEGIT turn into a animal if he concentrates....BUT he said he hated furs for giving otherkin a bad name. yeah. i blocked him

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
'Tolerant' furs- the Social Justice Warriors of the fandom. The oh-so-noble defenders of shit-eaters, dogfuckers and child molesters.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public

I don't care if you disagree respectfully or not. People still need to be mindful of who they address certain things to. Just like you don't show your boss "Spread Eagle" during an interview.

Blah blah blah, it's art is not an excuse.

Bambi

I see.

You're of the mindset that every conversation has to be essentially SFW lest someones eyes require a handy dose of bleach, or their mind a nice rinse of HyCon? Again, I reiterate it's a pretty good con Arshes to make the argument that "there's a time and a place", and than never having that "when and where" because it makes you squeamish.

Also, art is a perfectly valid excuse, but it hasn't been the bulk of my argument. If you don't like the artwork, or the conversation it generates in the fandom, you might want to see yourself out. Goody two shoes who work to influence and destroy alternate opinions, or personal beliefs because the false argument is, "Well, you wouldn't say that in front of your boss, co-worker, or grandmother!" need to understand that people are different, and each one is bound to have a different threshold.

I'd much rather have the fandom remain an interesting and diverse place, even if I am at personal risk to feel slight or even heavy emotional upset, or feel disgusted by my choice to be around it at times. That's life. We deal with it. Forums like this could use a dose of reality.

Last edited:

Neshoba

will pee on your tree
Complete lack of any idea of the real nature of animals in the wild

NATURE WILL EAT YOUR FUCKIN' FACE!

Last edited:

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I see.

You're of the mindset that every conversation has to be essentially SFW lest someones eyes require a handy dose of bleach, or their mind a nice rinse of HyCon? Again, I reiterate it's a pretty good con Arshes to make the argument that "there's a time and a place", and than never having that "when and where" because it makes you squeamish.
Let alone dozens of people uncomfortable. If you can't pick up on really basic social cues of what's appropriate etiquette for a given situation, then not everyone's going to accommodate for you if you repeatedly overstep people's boundaries.

It's not so much every conversation has to be SFW but that people should exercise a certain level of decency because as mentioned, it makes people uncomfortable when you try and shoehorn your fetishes, etc. into every conversation and are somehow surprised when people don't want to talk to them. Also I need to point this statement out as well.

In their minds, they rationalize sexual discussions to be bad, for many of the most known reasons, but also for this one in particular, because sexual discussions hurt them.

Not wanting to constantly talk about sex to random people =/= thinking sexual discussions are bad.

Also, art is a perfectly valid excuse, but it hasn't been the bulk of my argument. If you don't like the artwork, or the conversation it generates in the fandom, you might want to see yourself out. Goody two shoes who work to influence and destroy alternate opinions, or personal beliefs because the false argument is, "Well, you wouldn't say that in front of your boss, co-worker, or grandmother!" need to understand that people are different, and each one is bound to have a different threshold.
This is such a cop-out response and sort of enables people to just ignore social cues because "ppl r diffrent". It's not even like this is some really off the wall, complicated concept. It's really just common sense. Which a lot of furries seem to lack.

I'd much rather have the fandom remain an interesting and diverse place, even if I am at personal risk to feel slight or even heavy emotional upset, or feel disgusted by my choice to be around it at times. That's life. We deal with it. Forums like this could use a dose of reality.
I know it's easier to pin the blame on others but what you're doing enables really bad behavior.

Sweetheartz22

Simply amazing.
The tidal wave of latex cock whenever I log on here. HELP! HELP!!! blgklbklkkglblgkjblfgblfghdfghdl- :V

But seriously, just the usual people out on FAF who take things way too seriously and get pissy over the smallest bit of humor

Bambi

No you don't but if you want to add more words to win this argument, feel free. *shrugs*
You're putting on a show. And it stars, "You".

Good luck with that, Arshes. *shrugs*
What Arshes should have written ...
So I don't minimize the importance of what I've had to say by responding to your own personal lecture and attempt at misdirection with the virtues of why it is important to be excessively fearful of stepping outside of most normative boundaries, as your high-fiving friend would agree with, I'll simply reiterate that if you're an adult, and you can't handle adult conversations, than maybe you should avoid places where others are willing to take on the responsibility.

Fair? I think so. Enjoy the company of your pal. I'm sure he'll make for intriguing conversation.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
In all seriousness, it's the amount of infighting. :V No matter what you do, you'll get a bunch of people who hate you just on basis of it. Hey, this guy uses SoFurry - I want to kick you in the face now!