• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Most overrated game?

Another one of these? Must be that time of year again.

Well...

hmm...

Of all people to be stumped on this. :I

I guess Mario Galaxy 2? And I say 2 specifically even if I like neither. 2 was just a blatant clone.

GatodeCafe

Cowardly Coyote

Maolfunction

Resident Feline
I can't even say Call of Duty because even Call of Duty players are realizing how uninspired its become. I don't get the praise The Last of Us gets as a video game experience...because it's not really a gaming experience. More like a visual experience wrapped into a game package.

GatodeCafe

Cowardly Coyote
I can't even say Call of Duty because even Call of Duty players are realizing how uninspired its become. I don't get the praise The Last of Us gets as a video game experience...because it's not really a gaming experience. More like a visual experience wrapped into a game package.

TBH they should make a game based off of Beyond: Two Souls. It was an awesome movie.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
Ocarina of Time and it is also my favorite. One must be very careful in attributing too much to the greatest game of all time, which it is but it will not make people take notice outside of the gaming community the way Gershwin's "Blue Monday" did for jazz music or "The Wizard of OZ" for cinema. It's influential for video game enthusiasts but Ocarina of Time was not the game that will bring people into the fold, who would not normally play games.

Maolfunction

Resident Feline
Metal Gear Solid
In what circles is the first MGS highly praised? Unless you're just referring to the series as a whole, in which case I still don't think that's the case until you get to MGS4, because there's not very many flaws in those games that can be attributed to a poor experience unless you're just unfamiliar with the controls.

It's influential for video game enthusiasts but Ocarina of Time was not the game that will bring people into the fold, who would not normally play games.
Your mixture of present and future tense has confused me greatly, in addition to the thought that OoT isn't a game people would get into gaming with....considering how OoT is the game that really got me into gaming back in 98.

GatodeCafe

Cowardly Coyote
They've been "realizing" since MW3 came out.

And yet HERE WE FUCKING ARE, RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED.

Hype's a hell of a drug.
If you need proof the mainstream game criticism industry isn't anything other than a glorified advertisement, here you go.

GatodeCafe

Cowardly Coyote
Angry birds. I don't get it.
Angry birds is just a skinner box. It exists entirely to convince people they're doing something with consequences when in reality, there is only chaos and all consequences are random.

Dire Newt

OcarinaofTime.jpg

No question, in my opinion.

Pokemon X/Y are my current overrated games. Some new Pokemon, a strange-yet-familiar gameplay, but ultimately, still nothing beyond beating the Elite 4. My friends amped it up like it was the next Poke-Grail, but I realised (after beating the game) that unless I became a breeder, post-elite 4 gameplay was done. I had no interest in breeding, so I sorta felt like I could've skipped Gen 6, like I did gen 5, and possibly 4. The villain/evil team was meh, the new pokemon were okay, but there was no redeeming factor for dropping 40 bucks on the game. I can still re-play red/blue, ruby,saph, gold/silv and get the exact same enjoyment, possibly even more.

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
Pong. A perfect example of graphics over gameplay.

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
Everyone who says OoT needs to play it again. It is literally better than sliced bread.

But OT, Halo. It was kinda cool, but it was a bit meh for me. Better than an average shooter, but not Ohmagurd bestthingevuuur.