• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Most overrated game?

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
My experience with it is from the first few months.

The tanks took more ammo to kill from behind than what you could carry and that really put me off.

As for air targets, more often than not, it is the ground target that wrecked the helo.
At least that's the way it was in majority of the games I played in.

1: That explains a bit, but only a bit.

2: Tanks have NEVER taken more than 3 (for with reactive armor) RPGs to kill from the rear. You carry 4, potentially more with certain kits.

3: A combination of horrible pilots and stringer's being somewhat OP at the start. Sadly then ended up nerfing stingers into the ground instead, you know, balancing them.

4: That's the random game roulette, and much like my experience with PS2.

Judge Spear

@XoPachi: In the early games GT was "under steer all the things!" , and then after A-Spec they went the other way and made everything like driving on polished glass. The funny thing is in early Forzas the issue was that cars glue for tires compared to real life, so I'm not certain where you're coming from on the sliding issue. Then again, in real life a car will merrily slide even at 40 mph if you come into a turn at steep enough of an angle. Infact, if you were racing in third person that may well have something to do with it since it's hard to accurately judge your angle of attack going into a turn, particularly if you're used to the angles you can get away with (and infact often NEED) in arcadey racing games. Also depending on the car, narrow shitty tires don't help either, and in the first Forza all the low end tires were based on shitty low grade all season's that didn't scale well when redid for smaller tires.

Still found it pretty poor and boring. :I

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Im sure its been said in this thread many times, but my vote has to go to the modern warfare games. The first one was fun because it was modern. Then after that its all been the same shit over and fucking over. Bring back WWII you activision faggots.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
1: That explains a bit, but only a bit.

2: Tanks have NEVER taken more than 3 (for with reactive armor) RPGs to kill from the rear. You carry 4, potentially more with certain kits.

3: A combination of horrible pilots and stringer's being somewhat OP at the start. Sadly then ended up nerfing stingers into the ground instead, you know, balancing them.

4: That's the random game roulette, and much like my experience with PS2.
Must've been a teammate fixing it then or broken hit detection, either way, I did run out of ammo without a tank kill from an advantageous place. It was buggy at the start for sure. In the Mechwarrior thread someone claimed there was a bunch of hackers and jetting Atlai and nobody believed, I guess this is sort of the same thing here.

It was fun though when it worked.

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
I'll say it again; Call of Duty Ghosts. It probably only got so big because it attracts this kind of player:

[video=youtube;Z5DwUugmyWI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5DwUugmyWI[/video]

Last edited:

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
Must've been a teammate fixing it then or broken hit detection, either way, I did run out of ammo without a tank kill from an advantageous place. It was buggy at the start for sure. In the Mechwarrior thread someone claimed there was a bunch of hackers and jetting Atlai and nobody believed, I guess this is sort of the same thing here.

It was fun though when it worked.

That would have been I, though there's a difference between someone repairing a tank as you're firing on it or turning to face the reactive armor panels towards your fire and the obvious haxs of flying assault mechs.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Anything to do with Mario...

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
I'll say it again; Call of Duty Ghosts. It probably only got so big because it attracts this kind of player:
I don't really think it got big because of that. I think it got big because of the massive amount of advertising that ActiBlizzard puts into it, coupled with the series having been well-regarded in the past (CoD4 and earlier). Combine that with controversial storytelling and the news hype surrounding it along with 'impressive' scripted events, and you have a game that attracts as much the old school shooter fanbase as it does the casual action moviegoer type.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Considering lot of CoD fans passed on it this time, not sure if it over rated