• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Most strangest fetishes in furry community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandragoras

Inept Abecedarian
And in the (classic) psychological sense a fetish is an object, without which, the person can not achieve sexual satisfaction/orgasm; it's not merely something of interest, but something deeply hardwired into the personality, that (almost) always has to be there for arousal/climax to happen at all. Today, the term sees a more relaxed usage, and we are free to sample fetishes which might appeal to us, so much like candies from a dish.
This is why I prefer to use the term "kink" or refer to something as "fetishistic" rather than refer to it as a fetish per se, as classical sexual fetishes tend to be a lot more than a passing interest and much more deeply integrated into the person's personality. Mostly people know about these through extreme, socially unacceptable examples, but it can be so small and peculiar as only being able to have sex with the lights off, or while wearing a particular article of clothing. A kink is simply something which enhances the sexual experience which is not conventionally or inherently sexual. At least, that's how I see it.

Kudos on citing Krafft-Ebing, by the way. He, Havelock Ellis and Magnus Hirschfeld really laid the groundwork for modern sexology as a science, and were all quite progressive for their time; hell, some of Hischfeld's work on gender identity is pretty radical even by today's standards.

dogryme6

Duality Fluff Dragon
Hmm... Well, guess I'll chime in.

-Collars/leashes
-ABDL/diaperfur/babyfur
-pet play
-Furry transformation

Edited to clean it up a bit so things are grouped into 4 things instead of a long list.
Yeah those things are really strange. It kinda makes sense because it's in the furry fandom, but it's definitely not normal.

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
There really isn't anything normal about the fandom to begin with to be fair. With that said, mmm mm mmm love me some collars and leashes. That just tickles the weird little fairy faggot inside me.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
The thread topic sort of morphed into people confessing their own fetishes.

I think it's important not to be pejorative when describing other fetishes as weird. The most unusual ones I've found out about are so abstracted that I didn't realise they could be fetishes. For example I am aware that some people have a fetish for having their teeth brushed.

There's nothing actually wrong with a fetish like that, but it's very difficult to discern how it is connected to sex.

dogryme6

Duality Fluff Dragon

I think it's important not to be pejorative when describing other fetishes as weird. The most unusual ones I've found out about are so abstracted that I didn't realise they could be fetishes. For example I am aware that some people have a fetish for having their teeth brushed.

There's nothing actually wrong with a fetish like that, but it's very difficult to discern how it is connected to sex.
I thought I'd be the one who'd try to re-rail it back onto the topic, but I guess it's been permanently derailed.
Fetishes can be anything (I think I described this earlier) and there's some that I feel I might as well ignore, because going out of my way to subvert that stuff would make art a lot less fun. Like feet (If people can like the minecraft stubs, it's just unavoidable) or blowing bubbles from bubblegum or even so much as playing with normal balloons. (pretty innocent things if you ask me)
I don't get those people. but I don't care because I like seeing other chars. get puffy, so it kinda comes full circle with this chain of non-understanding.
Some things are very hard to decipher how they connect to or enhance such arousal, it's just something that mysteriously develops from the early teens onwards when associations connect things they probably shouldn't. And then this happens.

KimberVaile

I thought I'd be the one who'd try to re-rail it back onto the topic, but I guess it's been permanently derailed.
Fetishes can be anything (I think I described this earlier) and there's some that I feel I might as well ignore, because going out of my way to subvert that stuff would make art a lot less fun. Like feet (If people can like the minecraft stubs, it's just unavoidable) or blowing bubbles from bubblegum or even so much as playing with normal balloons. (pretty innocent things if you ask me)
I don't get those people. but I don't care because I like seeing other chars. get puffy, so it kinda comes full circle with this chain of non-understanding.
Some things are very hard to decipher how they connect to or enhance such arousal, it's just something that mysteriously develops from the early teens onwards when associations connect things they probably shouldn't. And then this happens.

Yeah those things are really strange. It kinda makes sense because it's in the furry fandom, but it's definitely not normal.

I'm not one to find offense in my fetish (collar and leash) being insulted, because it is infact strange, but it is completely reasonable I can respond to it when it's being lampooned or suggest that the whole idea of furry in of itself is weird. It really is not terribly off topic nor is it in particularly bad taste for me to make a sarcastic joke over it, because it's pretty relevant to me. The thread isn't wildly derailing as much as people who happen to be involved with their weird fetishes that are currently being lampooned are offering insight. It's valid contribution, and it's relevant to the conversation. You're getting the whys to the weird fetishes.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

This hypothesis appeals to me, because the libido must be calibrated with experiences at some point in childhood or adolescence, to contrive a sex drive.
@Lcs suggested earlier that a lot of fetishes shift with the time and usually reflect taboo behaviours.

Perhaps, given that sex is itself treated as a taboo behaviour, this offers an explanation- because the libido learns that, since sex is taboo, taboo must be sexy?

There are a bewilderingly large collection of hypotheses to explain sexual fetishes though; some have suggested that foot fetishism is very common because the parts of the brain that interpret sensory input from the feet are very close to those that interpret sensory input from the genitals.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Fallowfox said:
The most unusual ones I've found out about are so abstracted that I didn't realise they could be fetishes. For example I am aware that some people have a fetish for having their teeth brushed.

Yes, exactly! I'm not saying that type of fetish is bad, gross, or wrong; I'm just wondering how it turned into a kink in the first place!

I find it intriguing (and sometimes disappointing ;) ) when someone's fetish or kinky fantasy doesn't involve actual sex at all.

Relevant:
www.cracked.com: 5 Scientific Explanations for Your Sexual Perversions

dogryme6

Duality Fluff Dragon
I'm not one to find offense in my fetish (collar and leash) being insulted, because it is infact strange, but it is completely reasonable I can respond to it when it's being lampooned or suggest that the whole idea of furry in of itself is weird. It really is not terribly off topic nor is it in particularly bad taste for me to make a sarcastic joke over it, because it's pretty relevant to me. The thread isn't wildly derailing as much as people who happen to be involved with their weird fetishes that are currently being lampooned are offering insight. It's valid contribution, and it's relevant to the conversation. You're getting the whys to the weird fetishes.
Well that's reassuring. Maybe the topic's transforming instead of derailing, that sounds a lot more plausible. I have a tendency to lampoon strange things so that's how that goes.
The whys of fetishes are hard to drill into because of how they develop. If someone can't tell you how what they like originated (like sir poptartpresident up there with his dinosaur nuggets) then it's highly unlikely you'll find an explanation at all. One of the other problems is what if they don't want to tell you, then what? Analysis is blocked and reasoning can't go onwards, so it's kind of a lost case at that point...

KimberVaile

Well that's reassuring. Maybe the topic's transforming instead of derailing, that sounds a lot more plausible. I have a tendency to lampoon strange things so that's how that goes.
The whys of fetishes are hard to drill into because of how they develop. If someone can't tell you how what they like originated (like sir poptartpresident up there with his dinosaur nuggets) then it's highly unlikely you'll find an explanation at all. One of the other problems is what if they don't want to tell you, then what? Analysis is blocked and reasoning can't go onwards, so it's kind of a lost case at that point...

Right, the big disagreement I have isn't whether weird things are being made fun of, all for it. Though I did make the point that people in this fandom are at least by some degree somewhat strange, I stand by that. It's more that my reaction, whatever it may be, is somehow derailing and is considered bad etiquette, because it really isn't. I suppose you can argue it's dismissive in tone, but otherwise it is not terribly offensive. Although, I think we see eye to eye on that now. Dealing broadly with the issue isn't the preferable solution, a case by case basis is always the more considerate of the two. Some might be able to offer an explanation, some might not, a lot of that is dependent on the individual. There's nothing inherently wrong with an educated assumption or conclusion, hence why I think it's premature to so quickly dismiss the potential for any analysis. If somebody wants to know the inner working of a fetish on a purely educational level, I'm all for answering it in a thorough and mature manner. Thoughtful discussion is rarely harmful unless it's some dumb shit like a groupthink echochamber.

As an aside I also feel it's entirely unwarranted to dismiss insight based on conjecture of the person in question. Any sort of insight on the matter is a valid talking point and is integral to the health of a proper discussion. Posts are not invalid simply because it is conjecture. Not all of it will be quantifiable facts, to be fair most forums posts won't be all that factual at all. The expectations that they all should be is unreasonable and unrealistic. Expecting to find a definitive conclusion on a forum is a bit of a stretch, gaining insight however, is not just possible, it's rather informative.

Last edited:

dogryme6

Duality Fluff Dragon
Right, the big disagreement I have isn't whether weird things are being made fun of, all for it. Though I did make the point that people in this fandom are at least by some degree somewhat strange, I stand by that. It's more that my reaction, whatever it may be, is somehow derailing and is considered bad etiquette, because it really isn't. I suppose you can argue it's dismissive in tone, but otherwise it is not terribly offensive. Although, I think we see eye to eye on that now. Dealing broadly with the issue isn't the preferable solution, a case by case basis is always the more considerate of the two. Some might be able to offer an explanation, some might not, a lot of that is dependent on the individual. There's nothing inherently wrong with an educated assumption or conclusion, hence why I think it's premature to so quickly dismiss the potential for any analysis. If somebody wants to know the inner working of a fetish on a purely educational level, I'm all for answering it in a thorough and mature manner. Thoughtful discussion is rarely harmful unless it's some dumb shit like a groupthink echochamber.

As an aside I also feel it's entirely unwarranted to dismiss insight based on conjecture of the person in question. Any sort of insight on the matter is a valid talking point and is integral to the health of a proper discussion. Posts are not invalid simply because it is conjecture. Not all of it will be quantifiable facts, to be fair most forums posts won't be all that factual at all. The expectations that they all should be is unreasonable and unrealistic. Expecting to find a definitive conclusion on a forum is a bit of a stretch, gaining insight however, is not just possible, it's rather informative.
That's a lot to read... I didn't see your post as dismissive. Maybe I was just confused. And yeah these things are kinda more case by case than anything else. I don't want to be dismissive either but if you say you don't know how it originated and then had a conjecture as to why you developed it, of course I'll be a bit skeptical. If more possible reasonable explanations were thought of and given I'd think about it and come up with another possible answer.
Um... What's a Groupthink Echochamber? Sounds like something out of Portal 2 if the multiplayer were upscaled.
Anyways I don't usually pick up on insight much either because that tends to be subtle information you'd have to pick up in a microscope before you understood it. Of course forum posts are another reason for skepticism... So insights and skepticism don't go hand and hand and sometimes I walk away feeling I haven't learned anything.

KimberVaile

That's a lot to read... I didn't see your post as dismissive. Maybe I was just confused. And yeah these things are kinda more case by case than anything else. I don't want to be dismissive either but if you say you don't know how it originated and then had a conjecture as to why you developed it, of course I'll be a bit skeptical. If more possible reasonable explanations were thought of and given I'd think about it and come up with another possible answer.
Um... What's a Groupthink Echochamber? Sounds like something out of Portal 2 if the multiplayer were upscaled.
Anyways I don't usually pick up on insight much either because that tends to be subtle information you'd have to pick up in a microscope before you understood it. Of course forum posts are another reason for skepticism... So insights and skepticism don't go hand and hand and sometimes I walk away feeling I haven't learned anything.

Noted, I'll try to be more concise here, for brevity's sake. Conjecture, no matter where it comes from, is beneficial to exploring the reasons behind a fetish, it gets discussion going, it add a perspective, a new talking point. Additionally you gain insight from the person who participates in said fetish. That insight at it's most basic level is still information, you have a perspective of the fetish through a participant's eyes. That's valuable in of itself. Insight's gained through perspective, and that information is useful in understanding why the fetish is associated with the person, how it effects them and how they effect it, ect. Groupthink is a psychological term for a group of people that are saying similar or samey crap to keep a balance or harmony in the discussion. In other words, very little differing opinion, but lot's of samey opinions. The echochamber part was added for extra literary punch I suppose.

dogryme6

Duality Fluff Dragon
Noted, I'll try to be more concise here, for brevity's sake. Conjecture, no matter where it comes from, is beneficial to exploring the reasons behind a fetish, it gets discussion going, it add a perspective, a new talking point. Additionally you gain insight from the person who participates in said fetish. That insight at it's most basic level is still information, you have a perspective of the fetish through a participant's eyes. That's valuable in of itself. Insight's gained through perspective, and that information is useful in understanding why the fetish is associated with the person, how it effects them and how they effect it, ect. Groupthink is a psychological term for a group of people that are saying similar or samey crap to keep a balance or harmony in the discussion. In other words, very little differing opinion, but lot's of samey opinions. The echochamber part was added for extra literary punch I suppose.
Didn't see that. Sorry. Whatever... Not in a very perceiving mood today... And I'm not that insightful... But I do like information, I just kinda have to be told it upfront.
Oh hey nice to see you again safe spaces and conversational circlejerking. That's what I call that anyways, wasn't really thinking of it in the name of groupthink.

KimberVaile

And to anybody wondering, I pull the whole Verbose English guy way of speaking thing unintentionally. Whenever I want to have serious discourse with somebody something changes, I couldn't tell you why, hah.

Cloud Strider

Im not sure if its become a fetish for me yet, but over time ive come to like getting wedgies from time to time. Especially when im hanging out with my girlfriends.
I think it comes from two things really; the feeling of embarrassment in front of others is a big rush and the feeling of being dominated by my friends is actually kind of fun when its in a playful nature. Not to mention that the physical stimulation is a bit of a turn on too >///<
Lol, I once considered the idea of whether i could ever deal with getting a wedgie in public bc of the embarrassment and at one point pondered if i could get one from someone at an anthro convention because of all the anonymity that the fursuits can give you.

Dmc10398

Goodspeed, bootlegger, B-17 pilot extraordinaire
Consentual heterosexual intercourse in the missionary position for the sole purpose of biological reproduction.

Oh my god damn that's a thing, I puked a little, I know we're an excepting fandom but there should be some limit :p

Last edited:

t-s-w

I love my hyper furs, but some of the hyper things I've seen is.... quite strange. Especially lips, feet, and nails. I can understand tails (quite cute!), but overly grown lips past the size of their head looks atrocious to me.

Kezi Avdiivka

I love my hyper furs, but some of the hyper things I've seen is.... quite strange. Especially lips, feet, and nails. I can understand tails (quite cute!), but overly grown lips past the size of their head looks atrocious to me.

Search Hyperfur on FA with the safety search off :D

DO IT I DARE YOU <3

t-s-w

What, were you expecting me not to like my second favourite fetish?

Speaking of which, my favourite is macros. But I don't get people who are planetary or even celestial. Mile-high is too much for me, but how do you find enjoyment out of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.