• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Motivation thread

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Find a job, that is my ultimate goal.

Alstor

And twice as shiny
I'd actually like to be more productive in my writing. The last time I put out one of my works was in the summer of 2010.

Maybe a short story/story chapter a week can be my first goal?

Aleu

Deuces
I'd actually like to be more productive in my writing. The last time I put out one of my works was in the summer of 2010.

One of my other resolutions is to get better in art. Maybe I can do a fan art piece of each chapter when you do upload?

Mentova

I live, I die, I live again
Motivate me to finish cleaning my room. I like, half cleaned it when I had a friend stay over for a week, but now I need to finish it and I can never motivate myself to clean.

I will also motivate someone, however as I have no talent to offer art based rewards, I can instead just yell at you every day until you do it I guess.

Elric

This year I wish to finish at least two of the short stories I have been working on.

Ad Hoc

THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
Hm. I'd like to get involved, but won't do so until I can figure out a way to become a motivator. Seems there's a disparity.

Cult

I don't want to live forever
This year I wish to finish at least two of the short stories I have been working on.

I'd like to be your Motivator. What do you want as a reward.

Last edited:

Fay V

Lost to this world
Motivate me to finish cleaning my room. I like, half cleaned it when I had a friend stay over for a week, but now I need to finish it and I can never motivate myself to clean.

I will also motivate someone, however as I have no talent to offer art based rewards, I can instead just yell at you every day until you do it I guess.

clean your room and I will play tf2 with you...pictures required.

Octa

Motivation: Finish a story and I will write a short piece of music to go along with it.

FlynnCoyote

Takin it slow.
For Elric, Alstor, and any other potential writers, I will guarantee you a critique and if you want edit once each chapter or whatever is done.

IF, you can set a time frame and work within it?

Or I could draw you a pony/manga avatar or something? :D

Fay V

Lost to this world
If you're officially motivating someone please make it clear
also please post updates of whatever so we can see how you're doing.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
i need to lose like, 30 more pounds? wont be too hard, as ive already lost so much in the past 7 months because poorness

Xipoid

Cameras
I would like to:

1) Mediate for 5*X minutes per day, where X is the numerical value of the current month
2) Complete a morning page exercise at a rate of 30 minutes per day
3) Begin and complete "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain"
4) Add a non-fiction book to my reading list every other week
5) Finish the entirety of my reading list by the end of the year
6) Assimilate a minimum of three new words every day until the end of time (or end of words, whichever comes first)
7) Complete Wheelock's Latin textbook by the end of the year
[noparse]8)[/noparse] Reduce the speed of my speech by at least 22%
9) Reduce the rate of my pronunciation errors by at least 75%
10) Reduce my memory failure rate by at least 50%

I'm not sure what I can offer as a sponsor except a scathing haranguing and limited liability friendship.

Traven V

Luna-tic.
To become less shy and make more friends. T_T suxs

DKitty

The Future is Meow
1.) Get my guardianship back from the state permanently within the next 3-6 months.
2.) Lose the remaining 70lbs to get to my target goal weight of 167lbs for my height of 5 ft 8in. Current weight: 230lbs. Weight Lost Last Year: 80lbs.
3.) Pay off my bank debt of $439.89 during this year in various payments.
4.) Get back in college, at least sign up for free online classes.
5.) Go on a body-cleansing detox, probably for a full week to test it out.
6.) Find out what is really wrong with me medically after 16 years of seizure episodes, also dealing with serious neurological/brain issues in the last 4 months. Appointment is on February 21st @12pm.

Carnie

I'm looking to order two staves, and practice spinning fire and running everyday.

As for being a motivator, I will be your friend so hard, you won't know what hit you.

Aktosh

I actually smoke that much.
Well alright my problem is that I'm really lazy and I need to stop being so lazy all the time.

Oh, and I wanna drink less alcohol and smoke more weed instead