• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Move to either California/Lousianna/stay in Texas, moving irl.

Which state would be better moving to job wise?

• Texas

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Louisiana

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • California

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Long story short, irl we're moving, need to decide to move where.
Pros-cons
California-unfortunately your economy sucks right now.
Texas-Economy is well off, but hard to find a good job.
Louisiana-I had a job in the city I might move to and if I moved back there I'd be able to get my old job back, downside the job doesn't pay well

Marietta

¤Resident Crazy Wolfdog¤
Texas is doing better than the rest of the US right now, so I think staying in TX would be the best option.

Shaui

Coffeecoon
Don't live in California; if you did get a good job there, you would get raped by the governator and the 8.25% sales tax.

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
W00t for Tx, we are doing something right xP
I say move to Louisiana for the job till everything is better then you can move back and drink a beer with your ol' bud south syde dobe :cool:

CannonFodder

Don't live in California; if you did get a good job there, you would get raped by the governator and the 8.25% sales tax.
By now he's probably thinking, "please let me go back to making movies!"

Squiggles

Will 'Yiff' for food.
Texas. It's kind of hard getting a job where I am (Downtown Houston), but there are plenty of places to apply to. Most places only accept applications via. Internet. You'll be sure to get an interview quick. I can't speak for the other cities though (except Galveston), cause I haven't traveled much since the Gay Pride parade in Austin last year.

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
Texas. It's kind of hard getting a job where I am (Downtown Houston), but there are plenty of places to apply to. Most places only accept applications via. Internet. You'll be sure to get an interview quick. I can't speak for the other cities though (except Galveston), cause I haven't traveled much since the Gay Pride parade in Austin last year.

I live like an hour away from downtown lol

Ricky

I don't think I would ever live in Texas, myself (no offense, Texans). Everyone I know who has moved from there likes it better here. I voted California, but it's also a big fucking state and although I love the Bay Area the rest of it isn't the same. If anyone asked me where to move I'd probably say here just because I like it better than anywhere else I've lived (which is at least 8 different cities I can think of).

People talk about how the economy is doing bad but I don't really notice it except for some changes in the public transit system. Also, if you lived near SF it would make it easier to find a job. The best part though is all the shit there is to do here and the weather is really nice as well. Not to mention pot is pretty much legal (don't know if that's your thing).

Everything *is* more expensive here but you also get paid more so it all works out (actually you end up having more disposable income this way if you think about it). The food is a HELL OF A LOT better here, too ^^

Unless you really do want to stay in Texas. Fuck Louisiana -- it is a good state to visit but not to live (unless you like being poor).

Just my opinion.

wheelieotter

Everything works if you let it
Texas has a stronger economy and no state income tax.

CannonFodder

Just so you all know if I moved to california the city would be el dorado hills(I think that's the name.
(close to sacramento)

south syde dobe

4th Elite General

Tao

Hare Boi
Am I the only one that thinks Louisiana?

Also, if you go to Texas, owning at least three guns is mandatory.

south syde dobe

4th Elite General

I voted for Louisiana but I don't have any guns at the moment :\
Also he lives in Texas right now but he isn't sure if he wants to move out or stay lol

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
FUCK TEXAS.

MOVE TO CALI

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
I hate to say it but Texas looks like your best bet.

CannonFodder

It's only mandatory in Houston, that place isn't safe by anyone's standards.

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
THERE IS NOTHING OF VALUE IN TEXAS

I'd much rather be homeless in california than have a job in texass.

south syde dobe

4th Elite General
THERE IS NOTHING OF VALUE IN TEXAS

I'd much rather be homeless in california than have a job in texass.

Even me Zrcalo? ;^;